Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you eat more than 3 meals?

I was banded back in November 2012 and have lost almost 90lbs (YAY!)

However, I have yet to be in the green zone with my band. The first 50lbs was due in large to the band and healing process after surgery, but I then hit the gym and I have been going to the gym 5-6 days a week and have a personal trainer 3 days a week. The least amount I spend at the gym is an hour but sometimes with training can be there for 2 hours.

I find myself still eating large portions (Normal size meals) as well as eating in between meals because I work out so much that my metabolism is kicking in for food every 2-3 hours.

I normally will eat Breakfast, then 2-3 hours after have a Protein shake, 2-3 hours after that is lunch then 2-3 hours again is another Protein Shake. In between that I normally hit the gym and will grab another Protein Shake if necessary and dinner is about 7pm normally. So I am eating anywhere between 5-6 meals a day when the Protein shakes are included.

I'm wondering how am I suppose to know I'm in the green zone since my metabolism is constantly going I'm not going to get to a point that I'm eating ONLY 3 meals.

Though I've lost a lot of weight in large part to my hard work, I am also getting discouraged that I am now 9 months into my Lap Band surgery and STILL am not even feeling like I'm close to the green zone. I'm also at a plateau which makes the discouragement even more so there then before since I really want to try to lose these next 10 pounds before end of august if I can.

Any advise is grateful. I will be chatting with my doctor tomorrow as I have an appointment for another fill.

Thinking about it, I would have to say I generally have only one real meal per day....and that I can never finish.

I always have a high Protein smoothie for Breakfast, (all I can eat first thing in the day, no solid food tolerated)....something fast and simple for lunch, like a cup of Soup at the cafeteria etc, a good meal for dinner....plus Snacks here and there throughout the day, if available.......

So it has been a long time I actually had 3 good squares a day....

If I have a good lunch, say at a cook out, or something where I would eat early in the day, I am not going to have anything big for dinner...if anything at all other than something to snack on....

BTW, when I say cup of Soup, I mean a "To go" Styrofoam coffee cup, large.....

Being in the Green, I never have hunger cravings, and do not think about, or have that much interest in food through out the day....I have to remind myself I need to sit down and have something good to eat.....especially when I'm busy which is all the time it seems.

I always have a bottle of Water with me, take my Vitamins and supplements every morning, and take 30ml of pure Protein supplement once, sometimes twice throughout the day....

As I type this, it's 4:30am, just finished my coffee, 2nd cup, and heading to the gym, run 5 miles and do some weights, which I do 5 days a week........I'll have my smoothie afterward as a recovery....

I cannot measure my metabolism, not sure if I could.... but I do not have problems with my energy levels...that's for sure. More energy now than ever before.

Typical day....up at 4-4:30, Gym at 5, off to work by 8.....home between 5-7 pm, , a few hrs of TV, Computer, whatever, then in bed by 9:30....I should add I'm 61 years old and I have no plans on stopping....

At most I have three. I tend to not eat until around lunch, then in the evening, and finally a small snack or meal around 9pm. I almost never eat more than three times and sometimes not even that. If you're that hungry that often you might consider getting more Fluid or look at what you're eating. If I eat lots of carbs or things like Cereal then I get hungrier faster.

Sounds to me like a fill would be helpful. Are you tracking your calories on something like My Fitness Pal? That will allow you to adjust for calories burned with exercise. It sounds like a lot of food to me.

Thanks all for your opinions.

I know definitely I need a fill - like I said, I've yet to be in the green zone, I just was more curious what to expect once I'm there - since my metabolism is so fast with all my exercising and because of all my exercising I've constantly been dropping weight fast and the fat around the band disappears so it's never getting restricted.

I was concerned that once I was at the green zone, because my metabolism is so fast that I wouldn't be able to judge the same way that the doctors tell you (5-6 hours satiety)

Again, thanks for everyones input :) I know one day I will get to the green zone, until then I will kick my butt at the gym, and just look forward to the pounds falling off once I'm in the green zone even more so.

some days i eat more then some and then some, less than others...so i just eat when i am hungry and make it count

I have to eat every few hours to reach my protein/calorie goal.

I only ate two meals a day with two Snacks while I was losing. Now I eat three meals a day with a snack or two. My NUt always said, don't eat unless you are hungry, real hungry, not head hungry. She said eat healthy and enjoy what you eat. Don't worry about the Protein or calories if you eat healthy and only when hungry. It was hard to force myself to do it because you grow up eating three meals and snacks. Hard habit to break, but it worked for me!

I only ate two meals a day with two Snacks while I was losing. Now I eat three meals a day with a snack or two. My NUt always said' date=' don't eat unless you are hungry, real hungry, not head hungry. She said eat healthy and enjoy what you eat. Don't worry about the Protein or calories if you eat healthy and only when hungry. It was hard to force myself to do it because you grow up eating three meals and Snacks. Hard habit to break, but it worked for me![/quote']

That's great advice!!!!!!!