Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other September 2013 bandsters?

Hello everyone. I have missed you guys. I am struggling, have not lost any weight in sometime now. Going in for a small fill to see if it helps, although I struggle eating most everything that is good for me. Junk food slide way too easy. I had such high hope for where I would be a year ago...not giving up, just need to refocus.

hi there perhaps you are actually too tight and need an unfill. if you are having trouble getting food down and turn to slider food this is why i ask about being tight. i would really discuss this with the dr office before getting a fill. I did the same thing. i was having issues but slider food went down way too easy so i had another small fill. that took me way into the red zone. even then i wasn't willing to consider an unfill until this last Monday when it just got to be way too much. At this point only time will tell if i had enough removed.

just please be cautious with your fills. it wasn't untill after my slight fill that i realize how tight i really was and if i'm honest with my self eating all the wrong food.

best of luck

Hi all, I am back finally. My husband's surgery went well. We see the surgeon today to remove the drain from his throat. I am hoping now that he will not need a 2nd surgery. We should know within a week or so.

As far as my weight loss, I am at my wit's end! I know I have been under a lot of stress and not eating correctly so I will take the blame for the past couple months but I have truly not lost any weight in a very long time.

I have an actual meeting with my surgeon tomorrow night after work and will be meeting with the counselor after that for one-on-one meetings to see if we can figure out what is going on and maybe get me back on track.

Intelirish - you really got me thinking. I am going to have them check my band and fill amount to see if I am too full.

I am back to trying every diet idea out there again... It seems like all my money was spent for nothing...

Let's hope I find some answers soon.

@@NewMeDebbie @@intelirish @@5.0junkie @@arch002 @@princesstuiaki @@chasingadream @@Amy Carter @@GeorgiaRN @@jamilyne 102668

and anyone I may have missed. Hi guys!! We are approaching our "Surgiversary" soon!! How are we doing?!!!

I am at or *so close* to many goals!! My primary goal was running a 5K without stopping. I did it last weekend!!! It was awesome! Next, I'm shopping in non-plus size stores now. I'm a 14W/16/XL down from a 26-28. And as of this morning, I'm 9 lbs away from Onederland!!!! Other goals were getting off Metformin (that happened long ago), getting my periods normalized (check!), and becoming active (check, check!). So many awesome things. I can't wait to check in with my doc for my 1 year appt. I hope he's gonna be proud of me!

Although I haven't had a fill recently, things feel different and I feel like I might be in the green zone--or at least close. I'm losing pretty well now that school started again, and I'm not hungry all the time. I have been relying on shakes a lot because they're handy and I'm kind of lazy to cook a lot. LOL I'm definitely learning what 1/4 to 1/2 cup feels like to eat. There were times that i really over did it. I hope I didn't stretch my stomach, but i'm actively trying to shrink it again in case I did.

CHECK IN!!! I hope you're all doing well and feeling good!!!

Edited by PuraVida37

PuraVida37 - congratulations on all of your accomplishments you have a lot to be proud of!!!

I wish I could say the same, I have really struggled the last 6 months, sometimes think I made the wrong choice to not have the sleeve. No where near where I wanted to be, but I have lost and not gained it back, just need to find a way off the plateau. I miss this group tons!!!

@arch002 At least you are maintaining! Are you seeing the doctor still? What are you doing for exercise?

PuraVida37 I go see him and the nutritionist in about 10 days, I am logging my food so they know what I am eating and he may do an small unfill. I am doing 30 minutes of cardio at least 4 times a week, and a couple days of weights. Yes glad that I am maintaining, but I still have a long road ahead of me.

@arch002 Just keep to it!! From about March to July I didn't really lose much, but now it's coming off again. Yours will too!

Hi there I celebrated the year by geeting on a plane to dublin to go home and see family. Haven't been the best behaved so far but heck I fitted on the plane :-)

Hi everyone!! Gosh I miss all of you! PuraVida37, I am sooo proud of all you have accomplished!! I wish I could say the same but living in the desert has been tough over the last few months. It's just too hot to do much and I quit exercising so my weight is staying the same. I am maintaining though and now that my husband is all better from his surgery, we are starting to get back out there some so I hope it won't be long before I get back into the swing of things. I have only lost 30 lbs for the year and I too am like arch002, I wish I would have gotten the sleeve. The people in my support group with the sleeve just are having more success. The band still puts so much on us to do the work and I am not good with the discipline of it all...

Wish me luck!! The 27th starts the beginning of my 2nd year, I am hoping for 50 more lbs this year....

Hello all,

Thanks @@PuraVida37 for tagging and remembering me…what a year it has been!

I just went to the doc today for a visit and had a barium swallow….all is good…just needed to have my "tune-up" and that included looking at things inside (that's the first one since the day after surgery). It gives me peace of mind to know that after one year all looks good in there! Still no fill as of today and I am okay with that!

It's been an amazing year….lost 93 pounds and gained SO much more. I like to clothes shop for my 12/14 pants and 14/16 or large tops. I love shoes now that I don't have to wear my walking sneakers all the time. I updated my look with a new haircut and color and even make time every day to apply make-up. I still get comments that I look like a different person. Now, I smile and say "Thank you--I get that a lot lately". I've learned to take a compliment and not be quite so hard on myself.

My weight has stayed the same the past few months and some say I've plateaued…I say WHATEVER! Im staying the same….eating, living and STAYING THE SAME….that is HUGE in my opinion. In the past that would have been pounds creeping on and on and on until I was back to my beginning weight.

I can fit on rides with my 4 and 8 year old now….and not feel panicked about whether the bar is going to close and will I have to get off and leave or worse, EMBARRASS my kids! I have more energy to do things…i like walking and even purchased a new bike this summer.

I took another step and consulted with a plastic surgeon to remove the extra belly "hang" and to have those stomach muscles put back where they actually belong! LOL….that is something i look forward to in the future. I look in the mirror and am amazed at what I see and who I see looking back at me. I like me, I like to look at me (dressed that is …lol) and I like when others notice me.

I am no longer the quiet wallflower. I speak my opinion more and am so much more sure of myself in so many ways. It has been an amazing year and if I never lose another pound I am happy. I am happy to live my life and maintain my weight. I want to live and eat and enjoy. I never want to lose so much that I need to worry about every morsel of food that enters my mouth. That, to me, is not living. I have been obsessed and pre-occupied with my weight for my WHOLE life. I want that to change now…and I am working on that. Although I would still like to lose a few more pounds I know I will never make it to that ridiculous number I picked out of the air before I even had my surgery (which i just changed from 140 to 165). At 188 people tell me to stop losing that I look like i weigh 160. I don't care what they have to say…I smile, say thanks and move on. The only one I have to answer to is ME…ME….ME….ME.

And I say I did great this year and I am a great person who has great things ahead of me.

So for all those that have followed me, or encouraged me, or have become my friend on this journey, I say THANK YOU….because I know how TRULY BLESSED I AM IN ALL WAYS IN MY LIFE.

Wishing the rest of my september band buddies continued success in whatever way that works for you…for I have learned that everyone's journey is unique and truly their own….own it and make it yours!

Edited by chasingadream

Today is my 1 year bandiversary...And I am no where close to where I would like to be...

My blog for today: http://www.debbiedanthony.com/1-year-banniversary/

Help me guys, not sure if I will ever truly get this...

Guess it's my turn to check in!!! It's good to see everyone posting again and it's wonderful to read about all the updates. It is quite extraordinary to read the postings and see just how different every experience is.

I myself have been stalled for several months but am so happy it's a stall and not a gain. My one year was Friday and while I have been down a total of 40 pounds, I am down a total of 30 as of today and have been able to maintain that for several months. I actually go on Monday for another fill and hopefully that will kick start things again. For the first time I've spent the last couple of weeks logging my intake and was quite shocked when I saw what the end of day results were. I consume less calories than I should and am now wondering if I've been hurting myself so I'm looking forward to showing my report to my doc and seeing what he has to say about it. My biggest downfall is exercise. With 14 to 16 hour work days, two kids, two businesses and just life getting in the way, I have still yet to find the drive to put myself first or have the energy to even think about it.

While I can't check in with some amazing story or tales of huge results, I have no regrets and am still looking forward to what tomorrow holds.

I think the basic question we all should be asking ourselves is: Are we better off than last year at this time? Are we going in the right direction? Journeys of any kind take a while. It doesn't matter how long, as long as we are making progress.

PuraVida37 and Chasingadream, I am soooooo envious of you and your progress. That is so awesome for you two, congrats. I feel like some of the other ladies here. Such slow and hard process.

Interlish, you seem like you are doing well as well. 72 pounds is awesome and fitting on the plane is such a great feeling :)

Arch002 and NewMeDebbie, I feel some of your pain. I started out a year ago at 285 pounds and am at 245 now, give or take a few pounds. I did not think I would only be 40 pounds. I was actually planning a summer beach, bikini bod for this past summer but that did not happen. I too know that it is all up to me and that this tool is to HELP me try to help myself. Although, I sometimes wish I just had the sleeve where it would so much more easier to lose weight. Then again, the grass is never greener on the other side :) So I struggle a lot with what I eat and with exercise. I was doing so good with exercise then just as you all know, life gets in the way. I am a full time student, work full time, a full time wife (sometimes I wish I could be a part time wife *rolls eyes* ;) )and a full time mommy of 4. Then to add to the plate, as if it wasn't full enough, I just found out that I am pregnant. I didn't want to be pregnant again until after I was at goal weight and done with school but nothing that I can do about it now.

So with the poor food choices and me struggling with exercise, I am way disappointed with myself. I hardly feel "full", just stuck and that frustrates me a lot as well and is another reason why I wish I just got the sleeve. With the pregnancy, I am trying to be more conscious of my food choices because I don't want to get unfilled. I would like to just stay with whats in my band now and try to go the whole pregnancy with out taking out any saline. Ofcourse if the doc suggests, I will take it out. He said he will keep an eye on me and will let me know if he wants me to get unfilled or not but for now he thinks its fine. I am just terrified of gaining so much weight that I am trying to be grateful for the 40 pound loss and trying to maintain this weight, or even lose a few pounds, during this pregnancy.

I wish you all luck. We can totally get to where we need to be. :)

Hello everyone!!!

I know that I have not posted in a long time so here goes. I am still only down to 185 on good days and some days i'm back up to 190. I have been having so many problems eating. It is easier to list the foods I can eat as opposed to those I can't eat. My list includes nachos, Beans, chili, Pasta, tacos, mashed potatoes, corn, oatmeal,chicken breast on good days,and yogurt smoothies. I can usually eat these with little problem, but somedays I can't even keep the smoothie down. I have tried getting some taken out of the band, but then I have have no restriction and still have issues with veggies and most meats. I can't eat scrambled eggs unless i'm at work. For some reason I can eat those liquid eggs, but only those cause I have tried every egg the stores carry.

I have also been working at a daycare and then I'm so tired I don't want to exercise, but I was doing 3 miles a day at least 3 days a week and I was still not losing any weight.

I have finally decided that I'm going to talk to my Dr. about the sleeve in hopes that I can finally be able to eat a healthy meal without it coming back up or only being able to eat 3 or 4 bites. I'm dreaming of the day I can eat salad again. I have been craving a salad for about a year now, but if I try to eat one I am able to only eat about 3 bites and then it comes back up. I'll also enjoy eating a hot meal. I eat so slowly and chew so much that my food is cold after the second bite.

I talk to him this Friday (if my boss approves my leaving early). I have my fingers crossed for surgery between my class ending in mid December and Christmas. The only good news I really have is that I will graduate in May.