Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need my first fill PRONTO. It's becoming increasingly easy to drink my shakes. Gggrrrrrrr. I'm only one week post :(

I know what you mean! I just started regular food and I can eat everything and I don't get much help (HUNGER CONTROL) from the band yet. I guess thats why they call it Bandster Hell !

What's the earliest anyone has heard of having a fill? Had surgery two days ago but still feeling Hungary (maybe mental not physical)

What's the earliest anyone has heard of having a fill? Had surgery two days ago but still feeling Hungary (maybe mental not physical)

Fills won't cure head hunger. My first fill was at 4 weeks post-op.

You are definitely suffering head hunger and will for several months, even after a fill or two. It is something you will have to figure out. We were all over weight, your body will survive without food and on our Protein drinks easy until you change over to real food (and probably longer)! When you feel hungry, drink something or read or talk to someone to distract that urge to eat. If it passes in a half 20-30 minutes, it was head hunger!

Keep drinking your Protein Drinks and water!

I didn't have a fill until six weeks and only ever had one.

agree with posters, drinking should be easy and as time passes and swelling goes down, it will get easier...i agree, drink more especially if you think you are hungry, you will find its your body saying its thirsty...and from what i have read and discussed with people, when you get a fill, you still get hungry....i also am a firm believer to eat when truly hungry..make it filling...protein/good for you foods...(heck a Protein Shake works wonders for me at 13 months out.......keep busy and eat to live.....not live to eat

I need my first fill PRONTO. It's becoming increasingly easy to drink my shakes. Gggrrrrrrr. I'm only one week post :(

You can't eat with wet nail polish. I learned that over 25 years ago. After your nails are dry you forget about food. I never allow food in my bedroom so that was always a good place to read or watch tv. Good luck you will survive.

You can't eat with wet nail polish. I learned that over 25 years ago. After your nails are dry you forget about food. I never allow food in my bedroom so that was always a good place to read or watch tv. Good luck you will survive.

Have to ask my wife what she says about painting my nails as hunger control!

I had difficulty drinking during the first three days; I would get out of breath while taking small sips (not anymore). I still take little sips. I would be held over without feeling hungry for about five hours with my Boost shake... I suddenly was getting hungry much earlier 3-3.5 hours, the I realized its because the GNC shakes are not as filling as the Boost... Guess I need to make another trip to Bj's to get more boost.

I am the opposite and a bit worried. I am not hungry. I feel VERY full after 2oz of Protein Shake. I am not getting the minimum Protein. I am able to take my Vitamins. Water fills me up again. Not sure what to do. I hope it is better tomorrow.

I am the opposite and a bit worried. I am not hungry. I feel VERY full after 2oz of Protein shake. I am not getting the minimum Protein. I am able to take my Vitamins. Water fills me up again. Not sure what to do. I hope it is better tomorrow.

I don't know how far out you are, but I'm 9 days out and am still like this. My doc said it's ok. He didn't want me forcing hunger... it will come soon enough. Get what you can in and it will come :-)

I am the opposite and a bit worried. I am not hungry. I feel VERY full after 2oz of Protein shake. I am not getting the minimum Protein. I am able to take my Vitamins. Water fills me up again. Not sure what to do. I hope it is better tomorrow.

I don't know how far out you are, but I'm 9 days out and am still like this. My doc said it's ok. He didn't want me forcing hunger... it will come soon enough. Get what you can in and it will come :-)

I am five days out. Thanks! I have been worried that something was wrong with me. I know I am probably swollen because of the hernia removal but I don't want to delay my healing either. I felt great today but Doc has me on a schedule to be eating fish/tuna on day 14.