Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fills and Weight Loss

Ok Guys and Girls, I have another question. I realize I must asked until I really become seasoned like most of you on the banding and fills lol. I lost 9 lbs since the 17th when I got my first fill and stopped. So does it work like that? you get fills weight loss start and when it stops it times for another fill until you hit your green zone? That's what I am getting. Can any of the seasoned bandsters respond and let me know? When I went on the 17th I was only able to get .5cc which I think is nothing I am going back on Wednesday to see if my stomach will allow a little more.

You have to think of it in the simplest way possible: Weight loss come from consuming less calories than you burn. The band itself doesn't cause weight loss. It's just a band around your stomach- really no different than a Bracelet on your wrist. What the band does is control your hunger and allows you to be satisfied on much longer periods of time on much less food. When your hunger is controlled you eat less food. When you eat less food, you lose weight.

You said you lost 9 pounds since the 17th, do you mean of this month? If so, that was only 7 days ago. How is it you think you've "stopped" losing when losing 9 pounds in 7 days? The average weight loss with the band is 1-2 pounds per week- not per day.

Here's a really great link that I think will help to better understand the band considerably: http://drsimpson.net/fills/Lap-band-eating/lap-band-not-restriction/lap-band-and-restriction.html

Best wishes.

You have to think of it in the simplest way possible: Weight loss come from consuming less calories than you burn. The band itself doesn't cause weight loss. It's just a band around your stomach- really no different than a Bracelet on your wrist. What the band does is control your hunger and allows you to be satisfied on much longer periods of time on much less food. When your hunger is controlled you eat less food. When you eat less food' date=' you lose weight.

You said you lost 9 pounds since the 17th, do you mean of this month? If so, that was only 7 days ago. How is it you think you've "stopped" losing when losing 9 pounds in 7 days? The average weight loss with the band is 1-2 pounds per week- not per day.

Here's a really great link that I think will help to better understand the band considerably: http://drsimpson.net/fills/Lap-band-eating/lap-band-not-restriction/lap-band-and-restriction.html

Best wishes.

I know one does not lose 1-2 lbs a day. I'm not stupid. Yes when I went to doctor on the 17th of July I weighed 258 and when I went for my well woman check up I weighed 251 the following Monday. That was this pass Monday. My math was off lol so that's 7 lbs. I weighed myself at home and on a friend's scale to make sure that it wasn't a mistake and the numbers were accurate. I work with my band and work my tail off every day burning over 600 calories twice a day and take In less than that when I eat. Yes I stopped losing weight because I am still 251 on the scale since last Monday. That's how I know I've stopped losing.

You have to think of it in the simplest way possible: Weight loss come from consuming less calories than you burn. The band itself doesn't cause weight loss. It's just a band around your stomach- really no different than a Bracelet on your wrist. What the band does is control your hunger and allows you to be satisfied on much longer periods of time on much less food. When your hunger is controlled you eat less food. When you eat less food' date=' you lose weight.

Best wishes.

I know one does not lose 1-2 lbs a day. I'm not stupid. Yes when I went to doctor on the 17th of July I weighed 258 and when I went for my well woman check up I weighed 251 the following Monday. That was this pass Monday. My math was off lol so that's 7 lbs. I weighed myself at home and on a friend's scale to make sure that it wasn't a mistake and the numbers were accurate. I work with my band and work my tail off every day burning over 600 calories twice a day and take In less than that when I eat. Yes I stopped losing weight because I am still 251 on the scale since last Monday. That's how I know I've stopped losing.

I don't think she was suggesting your stupid. She's trying to tell you that losing 7lbs in that amount of time means you are still losing weight. For me, I was losing 4 pounds a month until my 5th fill and now I'm losing about 7lbs a month.

I don't think she was suggesting your stupid. She's trying to tell you that losing 7lbs in that amount of time means you are still losing weight. For me' date=' I was losing 4 pounds a month until my 5th fill and now I'm losing about 7lbs a month.[/quote']

Thanks for your input. 7 in a month is good. My previous response to mis I meant that in a humorist way. I should of out the lol afterwards. I'm still learning being I'm only 7 weeks post op. Mis I didn't mean that in a mean way. Hope you didnt take it that way.

Awwww your sweet ;) this weight loss thing is hard isn't it? I had a fill today. I'm pretty sure its my last one. I think its my 6th fill. I've lost 24 lbs.......in 7 months! Ha! Yea. My hunger is really dwindling. I don't even feel.like snacking right now and I always feel like snacking in the evenings. I'm hoping I'm in the green zone. We'll see.....

Awwww your sweet ;) this weight loss thing is hard isn't it? I had a fill today. I'm pretty sure its my last one. I think its my 6th fill. I've lost 24 lbs.......in 7 months! Ha! Yea. My hunger is really dwindling. I don't even feel.like snacking right now and I always feel like snacking in the evenings. I'm hoping I'm in the green zone. We'll see.....

Its not hard as I thought it was going to be. My thing is when I do start to get hungry I turn into the incredible hulk lol I'm afraid I would over eat but I still can't eat a lot and stop when the hunger pain.go away. I been 270 for t years and looking at the scale seeing 250/252 I'm like wowsers. Lol I go for second fill Wednesday. I know I'm not close to the green zone but we shall see.

Wow congratulations on your weight loss. I still struggle with making the right food choices. Sliders are easier but prevent weight loss. I'm only seven months into this.

Wow congratulations on your weight loss. I still struggle with making the right food choices. Sliders are easier but prevent weight loss. I'm only seven months into this.

I can make the right choices for the most but its the people around me what makes it hard lol