Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today is day two of the pre op diet and I hope it is much easier than day 1. The terrible headache and stomach growling and irritableness doesn't work when working 12 hour shifts. I will make it through because I only have 4 days left to get to surgery. I am not much of a chips eater but yesterday at work it seemed like everyone was eating potato chips, Cheetos, Doritos and all I could do was drink Water and Soup. I wanted those chips!

Are you having Protein Shakes as well? What worked for me was to stagger out the times that I was having something to eat/drink so that I was always having something and I thought about my next step, the surgery and I was able to deal with all the people around me eating chips and all that stuff.

I would have something every other hour helped to stabilize blood sugar staving off headaches etc. my times were 9;11;1;3;5;7;9 and in between those times I would have my Water so I was practicing not eating and drinking at the same time. Something I still struggle with now. Sometimes I just need that sip of Water after.

Good luck with everything.

I am doing a Protein Shake in the morning for Breakfast and then making Protein Drinks with unflavored Protein Powder and crystal light the rest if the day. I am getting my Protein in, but I am not a milk drinker at all. I am keeping herbal tea and Water handy at all times. I am going to make it It's just hard work. Buy if you want something you have to work for it.

Are you strictly liquid? Not to be a bad influence, but a small salad (using fat free dressing!!!) will help you get through and the crunch of the lettuce can replace the crunch of the chips. Just use your imagination and remember you're sacrificing for the greater good. You won't be craving bad things after your surgery, just keep that in mind as a happy thought.

I get where you are coming from! I'm on day 12 of all liquids, surgery is Monday. The first day or two is hard but then it just speeds on by and things get much easier! You are SO close, hang in there and everything will be okay! :D

All I wanted last night was some romaine lettuce and Tomato salad with garlic powder and lime juice! But I went home and drank some chicken broth. I am strictly liquids but I can have pudding and cream Soups any soups really as long as they are blended to eliminate any solids in it.