Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much to eat before 1st fill?

Hi, I am getting to where I can eat simi normally. My first fill is on May 29th. My question is to everyone, How much were you eating before you got the first fill? Is this normal? My Dr. did say that I would not have much restriction at first, but it seems that everyday I can eat more without being full?

I might need to mention I am also on my period and I used to do this before the band too. Is it just me or is it normal? Please give me examples of what you ate? If you can remember? Thanks Ya'll:confused:

I am also in your position. I can eat anything!! I will wait and see what the "professionals" reply to your post!!

After my surgery with each day I was able to eat more. By the time I had my first fill I was able to eat just as I had before banding. I didn't get any real restriction until my 2nd fill.

It's funny you mention your period. Lots of women here have MORE restriction due to Water weight increasing pressure on their band during the time. I have the opposite -- for some reason, I can eat more during my period and experience less restriction. Everyone is different I guess. I have had restiction from day 1 with no fill and even now with only 1cc in, I am at the place I should be. Alot of people don't have restiction until they are filled. After the swelling from surgery subsides they find themselves back at square 1 until they get a fill. I think you're good -- just try to limit yourself on intake until you get the fill.

I was banded April 5 and I have grown progressively more hungry. Today I ate more than I ever have and consumed 1200 calories, a first for me. I hope the fill I get on the 19th will solve my problem.

Any suggestionson how to eat less? (What I really mean is be less hungry). It is like my body is now saying, "What the heck have you been doing? I'm hungry!!":hungry:

Well, I had 3 fills already and still feel not much of a restriction which means I can eat anything I want (even Pasta, bread, shrimp, meat, etc - all the stuff that most people say they have problems with the band) so what I really try to do is to carefully choose healthy food and exercise a lot.

And everytime I got for a new fill, I try not to eat too much, just maybe sipping a little Water or tea as I think it probably feels uncomfortable and kind of weird to have a full stoma when the doctor fills your band.

best of luck!

niki

After my operation I did not eat hardly anything - then I had to wait eight weeks before my fill and I was definately eating more and more every day and I did not lose any wait for about four weeks - I had my fill two weeks ago and have lost 7lbs so far - so you will be ok once you have that fill

I have to wait 8 weeks for a fill and am counting down to 5/25 because, like you, I can eat ANYTHING with no problem and it's been this way since post-op day #5. I'm sticking to the diet to not gain weight but right now it's as if I was never banded. Hang in there until you get a fill.

After your surgery your stomach is swollen and healing but after you heal it is at normal size so you do not have any restriction (normally, there are a few exceptions). So you will feel hungry and able to eat like before. It may take several fills before you feel any restriction. I had 4 fills (3.5cc) before I hit my sweet spot. I had to wait 6 weeks for my first fill but do not rush it, your insides are healing from the surgery.

3-15-04

290/176 goal

thank you for replying to me - I have only just joined the site and it have really helped me just reading through all the different posts. I have to go now as I am leaving work - Thanks again