Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

day 1 on the 5 day pouch reset

I decided to do the 5 day pouch reset. For Breakfast I had a coffee with sugar free Creamer, lunch was blended split pea Soup, blended white Beans, dinner was blended lentils and a low carb chocolate shake with almond milk. I have had 2- 24 ounces of Water with a Lil crystal light. I feel a Lil cranky but otherwise fine. I'm excited to get my bandie functioning at optimum capacity. I have a fill appt. Next week also. What have been your experiences? I'm wondering if the fill I got 3 weeks ago will "kick in" with doing this and if I will still need a fill.

Keep posting. I'm following your pouch test journey.

I also wanted to add I weighed in today at 169.4 I'm drinking Water now and feel full. I'm not hungry. I do feel restless though

It's not going to do anything you didn't have before...in will not create, just restore.

It will, or can get your band back to working "Optimal" as you say, but everyone's optimal is different based upon adjustments, etc....

So, IMO, do not expect anything "New" to happen, but do expect to get back to where your band was working for you "optimally"

It's not going to do anything you didn't have before...in will not create, just restore.

It will, or can get your band back to working "Optimal" as you say, but everyone's optimal is different based upon adjustments, etc....

So, IMO, do not expect anything "New" to happen, but do expect to get back to where your band was working for you "optimally"

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I just wondered if it would feel tighter as I am able to, a lot of the time, eat whatever and how much I want, with very little restriction.

If anything, it will get me back on track mentally to eat less I would imagine.

I an on Day 2 of my Five Day pouch reset. I know that I had not been drinking Water on the norm, but did yesterday. I pee'd so much I couldn't believe it. With that being said, how could it be that when I weighed in this morning I was down to 166.2!! So 3 pounds lost in pure Water? No wonder water is important. I did feel as if I was seriously retaining water.

So, this morning for Breakfast I am having my coffee with sugar free Creamer and will have some pureed white Beans with melted cheese..YUM! And will begin sipping on my 24 ounce cup that I just bought. I think it makes it A LOT more convenient when you have the right kind of cup. So, I will make sure I drink 3 of those a day, morning, mid day and afternoon.

I am at the end of day 2. I had mashed Beans for breakfast and lunch with cheese. It was quick and I had to rush off to work. For dinner I made Chili and blended it in my food processor and sprinkled cheese on it. I had 2- 24 ounces Water with crystal light. I also went on a 2 mile walk tonight. I was kinda surprised to have my blended beans make me have a "soft stop" which for me is like a hiccup after about 1/2 cup. I had 1 cup because I know I needed the calories. Looking forward to day 3 tomorrow where I can add tuna, soft fish, eggs and cottage cheese.

I'm on day 5 of the pouch reset. I do notice I can eat less than before and get full much faster. I am going in for a fill on Thursday also. So, the 5 day full actually does work. I had years pass where I have not felt it this way and I'm very happy to feel my band again this way :)

I have been banded almost a full year I have fallen off my diet and have been thinking of doing this. I have attempted a few times but haven't made it happen yet. I do wander if it will have the same effect.

I believe it will. I have been banded over 6 years and had not had a fill in a few years. I had some restriction but could basically eat what I wanted. I went for a slight fill 3 weeks ago. I didn't really notice too much difference, but that I did get a little fuller faster. Then I did the 5 day pouch reset and I do notice some more restriction and can eat less than before. I am going to get another fill this Thursday. I also lost 3 pounds doing the pouch reset.

Hi what is the five day pouch reset, is this something your surgeon put you on. Do you have any information that you can post on here to follow?

http://www.5daypouchtest.com/

5 DPT starts tomorrow I will start with my Protein Shakes