Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey all! Banded July 3rd! I'm 17 pounds down!! Still on the liquid diet for about another week ugh. I didn't have any stitches! My surgeon glued my incisions which I thought was amazing! I had 0 bruises and my incisions almost look like nothing already!

Hi All! Thanks sprinkle for starting this thread!!!

Banded7/10 /13 feeling great! Gas almost gone, back to work , staples out tomorrow.

Banded 7/3. Feeling good. Still slight discomfort at port site. On solid foods per doctor and feeling good. Down 17 pounds

Hey fellow banders :) i was banded on july 3rd. Must say i was in agony with the port, i actually thought they must have put it in wrong because surely id shouldnt have hurt so much. Anyway i woke up yesterday morning and cant feel it on the inside at all. So alls good :) i lost 7lb on my first week and think ive maintained this week. Is this common? Ive got my first band adjustment on aug 15th x

Are folks leaving the steri-strips on till a doc removes them or removing yourselves? I had band aids over the steri strips that a nurse removed before I was discharged from the hospital. I have been trying to keep the strips from getting too wet in the shower but they are starting to itch a little bit and lift at the edges. I'm trying not to peel them off.

It seems like everyone is doing such a great job....thanks for the pics penny.our bellies look very similar. I do not think I have stitches I know for sure I don't have staples....still waiting for a call from doctors for my one week visit. Still have gas not awful though but my huge belly def. is an indicator there's mucho gaso left! I haven't had pain at my incision site but I noticed more pain on the left side which is where the port is. I'm afraid of them taking the tape off...how bad does it hurt? I am a huge huge baby with pain. Cut back on pain pills big time since Thursday. I also slept from 1130 to 930.... I woke up once to use the bathroom but fell right back asleep. I am def going to work tomorrow 8 to 12... How many people drove today? I'm scared of to. I went in the car yesterday and it was hard to duck my head in and lift my leg at the same time. My work is only 3 minutes from home so I could get a ride. Everyone on here has been such an inspiration and I want to thank you all. It's so comforting to know I'm not alone and people are going through the same feelings, and physical changes and pain as me. I love hearing from the early July banders that feel great and no more gas! I can't wait to fast forward even two weeks to feel so much better. Still no bm not sure if I want to take benefiber though... I'm scared to go but I've only had Soups and Water so I think I could pee those out? I'm still so curious about my friend kbush. She was banded July 11 with Avilva and karenws and she went to Disney with her two kids and husband. Her surgery was moved up. Please pray for her that she is comfortable and healing while enjoying the trip with her family. Aviva and Karen take it easy today. You both shared you worked too much and didn't feel well, so take breaks make sure u are hydrated and you eat something.

Hi everyone! I was banded on the 10th. I feel pretty good. Still have some uncomfortable pain in my upper abdomen I'm guessing where my port is. I only have 2 incisions and the one in my belly button is killer!! I'm not sure if I have lost anything yet I don't have a scale (kinda better that way lol) but my post op appt is Thursday so ill find out then. I have a question. I can't get more than one to one and a half Protein Shakes down a day without feeling so full it hurts. Anyone else experiencing this? My husband told me about this site and I have to say it so nice to see so many people support one another and give advice! Very heart warming!! Hope everyone else is feeling well!!

Also sorry for the tmi but I haven't had a bm since the morning of my surgery. I have take milk of magnesia 3 days in a row and no result. Any suggestions on what else I could be taking?

Banded july 4th, today july the 16th, I can eat anything no pain no restrictions, no fills, but ive been cautious..

I swam yesterday no problem, wounds completely healed... Lost 22 lbs...

Little burning sensation from that piece under the skin under the biggest wound .

I haven't gone potty either... I'm not too concerned though I haven't had any food and my doctor never mentioned anything so I think it's okay. I only can have one Protein Shake and that's 50 grams.... I do one scoop with 4 oz skin and wait like two hours and have Water and maybe some Soup or Jello if I'm hungry then the other 4 oz with a scoop. I break it up because they are very filling. I can't wait to swim!! Good for you guys and I'm glad you found this site it's so fantastic!

I haven't gone potty either... I'm not too concerned though I haven't had any food and my doctor never mentioned anything so I think it's okay. I only can have one Protein shake and that's 50 grams.... I do one scoop with 4 oz skin and wait like two hours and have Water and maybe some Soup or Jello if I'm hungry then the other 4 oz with a scoop. I break it up because they are very filling. I can't wait to swim!! Good for you guys and I'm glad you found this site it's so fantastic!

That's a good idea! I didn't think to make my own Protein Shake. I have been drinking lean shakes from GNC and they have 25 grams of Protein per shake and each shake is 14 oz. What kind of protein do you use if you don't mind me asking. I'm gonna try to make my own so this way I get more protein in!

Omg that's a lot of drinking and not much protein.. I have Isopure chocolate and isopure vanilla. Two scoops for 8 oz of skim is 50 grams of Protein. One scoop with 4 oz of skim is 25. You're drinking a lot of liquids to have a small dose of protein. Go to GNC ask for

Protein it's in a huge jug. Also ask for a mixing cup. It's a cup with a silver ball in it to help mix powder with milk or Water. I put a lot of ice in my cup I need it ice cold. The smaller bags are 25 bucks big plastic tubs are like 40.