Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Glad to here everyone is doing well i was banded july 16 lost 41 lbs got another 75 to go , but stalled out in the last month looks like im due for a fill got 4.6 cc in a 14 band . Everybody keep up the good work

WOW WOW WOW!!! I haven't been on this Forum in weeks (maybe close to 2 months) and I am so glad to check back in. It seems that everyone that was banded around the time I was banded (07/17) is doing incredibly well. I have really not been doing the plan (or exercising) and I haven't lost any weight. I own all of it - and I own the silly though that maybe just by having the surgery it (weight loss) would just "happen". Silly, I know... but I thought after having done something so "extreme" and paying $10,000 cash that it "should" just happen, right? Of course, not, but I think that is what I was thinking.

I have had three fills for a current total of 5.7 cc's in a 10 cc band (the surgeon started me with 4 cc's). I'm still not in the "Green Zone" yet but I know that I haven't been counting my calories at all and I don't eat until maybe around 2:00 p.m. or 3:00 p.m. I can list all the things I'm NOT doing and I know all the things that I MUST do in order to be successful - but I haven't. I went back to the TR nutritionist (who I originally saw and liked a lot - pre-op) and she gave me a great pep talk. I have about 40 pounds to lose and I just need a recharge/rewire to embrace this new tool that I've gone through great trouble to get.

SO.... I just want to congratulate all of you July Bandsters who are doing SO well! You all are the encouragement that I needed to read tonight. I am so happy for all of you and I hope that I can Celebrate the same great milestones with you all soon.

I'm back on track today!

OK..... you identified all the "what I'm not doing" things.....lets get you doing and working the "what I'm going to do now" things. Good thing is....you realize that the band isn't a majic fix....it's a tool to help you! Let's go lady......if I can do it...you CAN TOO! I really think if your not going to the support group at the facility you had surgery at.... you should! Have another appt with the diet dept.....and get to using your tool. We are all in this together.......Lisa

Hi july bandees.. Glad your all doing so well. I just thought I'd let you know I was recommended a calorie counting/fitness app called myfitnesspal... Its a god send for telling you the calories in things and a rough idea of what your burning all combined with friendship and support.. Its worth a look.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using LapBandTalk

Hi july bandees.. Glad your all doing so well. I just thought I'd let you know I was recommended a calorie counting/fitness app called myfitnesspal... Its a god send for telling you the calories in things and a rough idea of what your burning all combined with friendship and support.. Its worth a look.

I've been on myfitnesspal since my pre-op diet, and it is great! My doctor isn't that concerned with calories, but he does want to make sure I'm getting in enough Protein every day, and I like how it tracks all of that for you, plus your weight. It's so great too for tracking what you eat, with the bar code reader and all. I just love it! If anyone gets on it, add me as a friend! I'm MammaJamma42 on there too. We can help support each other there and here! :)

Hi july bandees.. Glad your all doing so well. I just thought I'd let you know I was recommended a calorie counting/fitness app called myfitnesspal... Its a god send for telling you the calories in things and a rough idea of what your burning all combined with friendship and support.. Its worth a look. Sent from my GT-S5830 using LapBandTalk

Being doing my fitness pal as well love it n my fitbit links my activity right to it :)

Banded 7-18-13 total loss thus far 59 pounds, feeling great, no problems, no complaints. I'm so happy I had this done. Fantastic doctor and staff.

I'm blessed!!!!!

Hey there july bandster buddies just checking in.. How are you all? Good I hope as party season rapidly approaches..

It's a struggle coming to the realization I pissed away more than 7 grand on a tool that isn't doing what I hoped it would or was led to believe it would. So success stories from people who went in for a few fill, reduced what they ate and loss great weight. Before you go posting the don't believe what you read stuff, of those success stories was my sister and her friend. She eats what she wants, gets full after a few bites and is done. She doesn't count calories. Doesn't weigh her food. She has to be reminded to eat at times. Sooooo, how am I doing? Pissed but coming to grips with this and wondering what my next step will be. I should have done nutri system or Jenny Craig cause this band thing ain't working.

Please don't offer your "helpful" tips. I am done weighing food. Done being hungry. Done calling my doctor. Done being jabbed in my stomach. Been filled 10 times. At $250 a visit. Half the visits were a double stick cause I couldn't drink the water.....FTR, no there hasn't been weight loss.

Good luck to all of you who this has worked for. Some of you post some amazing results and that is fantastic!

Hi George I know how your feeling,I have had my band for 4 years and it did work for the first 3. Then I stopped loosing and just stayed the same. I had a slipp band for god knows how long, I had it replaced in july this year I think and now have gained 8 klos and very close to throwing the towel in to, none of my clothes fit me :( and I am frustrated to I had a fill on monday and it feels a tad tight but to be honest I dont care as I need to loose the weight again. Dont give up the band doesn't work for every one have u spoke to uyour surgeon about other options. Take care Tammy :)

Hi George I know how your feeling,I have had my band for 4 years and it did work for the first 3. Then I stopped loosing and just stayed the same. I had a slipp band for god knows how long, I had it replaced in july this year I think and now have gained 8 klos and very close to throwing the towel in to, none of my clothes fit me :( and I am frustrated to I had a fill on monday and it feels a tad tight but to be honest I dont care as I need to loose the weight again. Dont give up the band doesn't work for every one have u spoke to uyour surgeon about other options. Take care Tammy :)

Hi july bandees.. Glad your all doing so well. I just thought I'd let you know I was recommended a calorie counting/fitness app called myfitnesspal... Its a god send for telling you the calories in things and a rough idea of what your burning all combined with friendship and support.. Its worth a look. Sent from my GT-S5830 using LapBandTalk
Zingy I also chart on MFP. I've been doing it since I had surgery in July.