Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on July 15th. I'm feeling great, but have not lost very much weight. Is anyone else having a slow start?

Well I still weigh the same From last week so yeah I guess I'm the same as you Only lost 5 pounds so far

I was banded on the 11 and I too can eat anything I do not think I have anything in my band. I go for first full aug 21... I am young and think I heed quick and I also didn't have any hernia repairs. Congrats!!

I was Banded on the 17th and I can't eat "anything" but I also don't "feel" like I've been banded most of the time - only reminded when I accidentally (and out of habit) forget to chew up everything a LOT. The one thing I have noticed is that I do feel "full" faster and if I allow myself to notice/recognize that - I just don't eat anymore more because I'm satisfied. Even when I'm at a table with friends (all un-Banded - and only one knew I had the surgery) and we are talking, drinking wine and such... even a friend commented "Aren't you hungry? You've barely touched anything?" Which once I realized it - I didn't even notice... but now I'm more aware. I'm SUPER thrilled about that part.

I go for my first fill on the 13th.

Today is my first day back to work. I had the surgery on Friday the 26th and I was fine at home not hungry full when I ate but now back to work I am starving and not getting so full so quickly!! Is this common with anyone else!!!

Hello everyone! Was banded yesterday. Today I have pain in my right shoulder and my stomach feels like it got kicked with a steel-toed boot, even after I take my rx pain meds. Had a hard time sleeping last night due to all the discomfort. Also having a hard time eating or drinking anything cuz I'm so sore. I'm pretty thirsty though, just scared to drink too much and then feel worse.

The best advise I can give you is to walk....walk....walk! Believe it or not...it helped so very much! Sip on Water all day. Third day after was the turn the corner day for me! Hope you feel better quick! Lisa

Went to DR today first visit since surgery down 40 pds he put 4cc in band so now Im a slender 400 pds

So I'm on the mushies stage at the moment & can't get full. I don't wanna overeat but I feel like I need to eat every couple of hours. Anyone else experience this? I know weight loss isn't the biggest thing but I want to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong.

Thanks in advance.

So I'm on the mushies stage at the moment & can't get full. I don't wanna overeat but I feel like I need to eat every couple of hours. Anyone else experience this? I know weight loss isn't the biggest thing but I want to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong.

Thanks in advance.

How much are you eating in a sitting? I am trying to stay with about 3 to 6oz depending on what it is. I had a 1/2 wendys chili that I put in the blender and a 1/2 sour cream and chive potato for dinner and that was very filling. I didn't weight that but the calories weren't bad.

Half a cup. Never usually more than that & if it is it is only slightly more. That's 2-3 times a day & then I have smaller Snacks in between that. It's probably fine but I'm just not 100% confident with it if you know what I mean.

So I am a week post op and was feeling really good today so I thought I would try a decent walk. I didn't get too far and I started having pain in my port area. I can't walk the gas away if it hurts like it does right now. Any advice?

So I am a week post op and was feeling really good today so I thought I would try a decent walk. I didn't get too far and I started having pain in my port area. I can't walk the gas away if it hurts like it does right now. Any advice?

I had that a week out as well. Walking slower and holding an ice pack over the port area while walking helped me. It took 2-3 weeks before I could really walk at a normal/brisk clip.

Yeah... I'm 2 weeks tomorrow and I still have swelling and port site pain if I try to walk too briskly :-)

We must've had it on the same date (17th). I still have a swollen lump on my port site which look ugly but it has reduced a lot since surgery. As of the last two days' date=' the pain has reduced a lot and I only notice it once in a while when I move a certain way and/or lay down weird on it. I exercised today for the first time since surgery [i walked 3 miles today (slower than normal - maybe a 15 minute mile)'] and didn't notice it at all. I'm really ready for the weird lump to go away and I do not like being able to feel the port under there. Makes me think of the movie "Alien".

Half a cup. Never usually more than that & if it is it is only slightly more. That's 2-3 times a day & then I have smaller Snacks in between that. It's probably fine but I'm just not 100% confident with it if you know what I mean.

One thing to keep in mind too is with the band you don't try to get "full", you stop eating when you no longer feel hunger. It took me a minute to wrap my head around that.