Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I will be banded 2 weeks from wed on July 31st. I start my liquid diet wed. I am soooooooooooooooo nervous but can't wait to get started!!

Hi 3mommy! My date is July 31st also!! I've been on PreOp diet for 2 weeks so far. 1 1/2 to go, but my doctor uses the Sugar Busters diet instead of liquid only, so fortunately I get to eat "real" foods. Although I'd assume doing a liquid diet prepares you better for post op. I'm so excited, too!!! We should stay connected to share our experiences. Everyone in this July group is amazing!! Good luck!

Oh gosh that sounds awful! I hope that isn't common. Sorry you had to do that. Were you able to lose your (goal) weight in the interim?

No not a my goal yet the last 12 kilos is a killer they don't want to budge lol hopefully now it will. :)

Day 5... these shoulder pains are so painful. I am walking quite a bit, but it makes my port site sore :/ heating pad really helps. Having trouble getting enough of anything in.. not physically but emotionally... I'm just NOT hungry or thirsty (definitely a first for me lol)...

Day 5... these shoulder pains are so painful. I am walking quite a bit' date=' but it makes my port site sore :/ heating pad really helps. Having trouble getting enough of anything in.. not physically but emotionally... I'm just NOT hungry or thirsty (definitely a first for me lol)...[/quote']

I'm sorry you are still in pain. My shoulder pain lasted about 2 days. Walking really didnt help me at all. I only got relief when I was able to pass gas. Are you able to pass gas? Gas X did nothing. Do you have a heating pad?

I'm sorry you are still in pain. My shoulder pain lasted about 2 days. Walking really didnt help me at all. I only got relief when I was able to pass gas. Are you able to pass gas? Gas X did nothing. Do you have a heating pad?

I have not been able to pass gas as much as I need to, thats for sure. Gas X helps somewhat, but I am definitely going to have to try something stronger soon... any suggestions? Love the heating pad...without it, probably wouldn't get any sleep!

ok July buddies. this is really odd for me and i don't know what to think. I was banded tuesday 7/16/13 and havn't been able to do more than sip and not very mucht at that. Tonight I was drinking a smoothie like before i was banded. It feels as if the band isn't there... is that normal for anyone else?

ok July buddies. this is really odd for me and i don't know what to think. I was banded tuesday 7/16/13 and havn't been able to do more than sip and not very mucht at that. Tonight I was drinking a smoothie like before i was banded. It feels as if the band isn't there... is that normal for anyone else?

Yes. I ate the day after surgery. Eating Soup, tuna, oatmeal, toast and just ate a few nuts....

Hi there yes it's normal as you have just been banded your band has not been tightened yet.

Do you know when your first tightening date is yet or your next visit. That is usually when your Dr may do the first tightening. For now your band has to heal into place. Then you will start being very careful remember to chew chew chew lol. Take care.

Yes. I ate the day after surgery. Eating soup' date=' tuna, oatmeal, toast and just ate a few nuts....[/quote']

O ok. Just scared me a little. Of course I thought the worst like it slipped out something

Hi there yes it's normal as you have just been banded your band has not been tightened yet.

Do you know when your first tightening date is yet or your next visit. That is usually when your Dr may do the first tightening. For now your band has to heal into place. Then you will start being very careful remember to chew chew chew lol. Take care.

My first visit is the 29th. And thank you makes a lot of sense:) got scared something might be wrong

My first visit is the 29th. And thank you makes a lot of sense:) got scared something might be wrong

Not a problem glad to set you mind at ease :) my appointment is the 31st. And at the moment I am hungry all the time can not wait till next week.

Hi everyone,

I was banded on July 18 and had a rough post-op experience the first two days but its getting better. My wounds are healing over and look like big black callouses. I'm looking forward to losing some serious weight and having trouble sticking to the liquid diet. The problem is I was expecting these warning signals to occur when I ate solid foods which did not happen so I'm like now it's just me having to eat Protein Drinks when I really want to and can chew on something else! Help!