Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey all! Banded July 3rd! I'm 17 pounds down!! Still on the liquid diet for about another week ugh. I didn't have any stitches! My surgeon glued my incisions which I thought was amazing! I had 0 bruises and my incisions almost look like nothing already!

I had mines on the same day but I do have bruises and mines was glued. I'm down 19lbs yay! I feel great!

Are folks leaving the steri-strips on till a doc removes them or removing yourselves? I had band aids over the steri strips that a nurse removed before I was discharged from the hospital. I have been trying to keep the strips from getting too wet in the shower but they are starting to itch a little bit and lift at the edges. I'm trying not to peel them off.

My doctor told me that it was alright to take them off after a few days. For the 2 larger incisions, I bought butterfly strips at the pharmacy & used that & small band aids just to be on the safe side; didn't want to risk splitting open, greater scarring! Also had a nurse suggest using baby oil to get the steri-strips / band aids off if they are being stubborn b/c I tend to bruise so easily & they always irritate my skin.

Aviva, had no idea how far behind I was on reading when I responded to the removing steri-strip question! Sorry! LOL!

Post-Op Day 2: So far, so good. My stomach is a little sore (feels just like I had a good workout) and my throat is sore (from the tube during surgery) but the gas is manageable and I get to shower today. I know that will feel good! I can't say that I'm not hungry, but I'm not really hungry and I'm trying to drink broth and then a Protein Shake - which will hopefully stop any hunger. I'd rather be not hungry for a while after all this trouble. The post-op nurse called and said that my stomach should be achy today because the anesthesia is worn off from yesterday morning. Nevertheless, I'm still surprised with how good I feel. I sometimes wake up and forgot I even had surgery. weird.

I hope the other July Bandsters are doing great too!

Glad to read everyone is doing well! I had a fantastic morning. I was 20 min ahead of myself from Wednesday morning. Taught school from 8 to 12 and I had three people ask me today if I was okay because I looked pale and sickly. I was like yea I'm having a great morning actually. I guess I feel better than i look haha! I had 50 grams of Protein today with some broth and just had about 2 oz of mashed potatoes.... I'm still scared to try other things even though cleared. I still have the gas but every day it gets better. I also still have to figure out gas movement and hunger growls so I'm happy I'm not the only one. One of my small incisions has a small lump on it. I hope it doesn't scar all lumpy. The others even the large one looks like scratches. I can't wait till I can put some scar stuff on my marks. Super sleepy though i def need a nap. The healing tastes a lot out of me.

So excited! Just had my 1 week post op appt and I'm down 24lbs!! Dr said I am still so sore by my belly button cause everything was done thru there and that's where my port is, just to the right a little. Still have to be liquids for another week. My esophagram showed that I and still swollen so he doesn't want me to push myself too fast and god forbid do something wrong. So that's a ok with me!! Go back in one month! Can't wait to see what can happen by then :-)

Day 2 post op feeling better than yesterday! I showered and washed my hair!!! Ahhhh such a great feeling!!

I just weighed myself and I've gained FIVE pounds since yesterday morning's surgery! What the heck? Is that normal? I've only been on liquids and not many. Advise?

Anyone else dreaming about food? ?

I keep dreaming of French fries' date=' funny thing is I never ate a lot of them.....weird.[/quote']

Not dreaming of food cause its all I think about all day...

Showering makes u feel wonderful! Cleaning off residue from left over bandage tape my boo boos are gross

I have showered but am just letting the water/soap just wash over. I have old school stitches, so I don't wanna mess with them. I get to take them out in a few days, on my own, by myself. Lol

I just weighed myself and I've gained FIVE pounds since yesterday morning's surgery! What the heck? Is that normal? I've only been on liquids and not many. Advise?

Couple of stupid cliches that come to mind. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Also, don't get hung up on the scale thing. Your weekly average is really what I pay more attention too. And lastly, until you get your first fill, it's really about healing the incisions and band itself.

Sprinkle is right - Water weight. Don't sweat it. It will come right back off. I didn't weigh for a few days after surgery b/c I heard of the overnight gain and I didn't wanna step off the scale in tears.

George- you have to take your stitches out by yourself? Ugh!