Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 6th...time for a healthy change. anyone else new in august?

I was really hungry yesterday and I think I might have eaten too much :( feel sick and really sore today. Anyone else had this problem? My worst fear after browsing this site is stretching anything out.

I used to get that feeling if I ate (aka drank) too quickly or too much. But it doesn't sound like you did either of those things.. How do you feel now?

I just used a heating pad it helped quite a bit as long as I used it. But still have the pain. Drinking Water. Going to have hot tea. The dr office called to make sure I wasn't having problems. Told her about the gas...walking and heating pad. I feel very weak don't know how much walking I can do but will give it my best today. Going to sams club this afternoon to get a few things get some walking in there. How r u doing? Going to be back on liquids for a day then soft for a day? You'll make it . Disappointing but only a few days. Good luck.

Today it hit home how much I miss overeating. My brother was killed 18 years ago today and it is a turning point because I was 18 when he died. I have officially lived with him as long as I have lived without him. I so just want to go to mcdonalds for a mcgriddle for Breakfast, lunch a Mexican food combination plate, supper sushi and an udon platter, and a large blizzard for a snack. Yes 'treating' myself is what got me into this mess and swallowing my emotions. Now I have to feel something other than overheating pain. The physical pain is much easier to deal with than emotional. I used to distract myself with working too much and school. I think I kept going to school to distract myself from dealing with the past. Now I just have to deal with emotion. Ugh. Need prayer today.

Today it hit home how much I miss overeating. My brother was killed 18 years ago today and it is a turning point because I was 18 when he died. I have officially lived with him as long as I have lived without him. I so just want to go to mcdonalds for a mcgriddle for breakfast' date=' lunch a Mexican food combination plate, supper sushi and an udon platter, and a large blizzard for a snack. Yes 'treating' myself is what got me into this mess and swallowing my emotions. Now I have to feel something other than overheating pain. The physical pain is much easier to deal with than emotional. I used to distract myself with working too much and school. I think I kept going to school to distract myself from dealing with the past. Now I just have to deal with emotion. Ugh. Need prayer today.[/quote']

Sorry for your loss. But prayers coming your way. Stay strong!

I just used a heating pad it helped quite a bit as long as I used it. But still have the pain. Drinking Water. Going to have hot tea. The dr office called to make sure I wasn't having problems. Told her about the gas...walking and heating pad. I feel very weak don't know how much walking I can do but will give it my best today. Going to sams club this afternoon to get a few things get some walking in there. How r u doing? Going to be back on liquids for a day then soft for a day? You'll make it . Disappointing but only a few days. Good luck.

A heating pad is heaven isn't it? It helps so much with the gas. Yep back to baby food for a could of days. Aghhh!

Today it hit home how much I miss overeating. My brother was killed 18 years ago today and it is a turning point because I was 18 when he died. I have officially lived with him as long as I have lived without him. I so just want to go to mcdonalds for a mcgriddle for breakfast' date=' lunch a Mexican food combination plate, supper sushi and an udon platter, and a large blizzard for a snack. Yes 'treating' myself is what got me into this mess and swallowing my emotions. Now I have to feel something other than overheating pain. The physical pain is much easier to deal with than emotional. I used to distract myself with working too much and school. I think I kept going to school to distract myself from dealing with the past. Now I just have to deal with emotion. Ugh. Need prayer today.[/quote']

I'm praying for you :) Emotional pain is the worst kind of pain and I'm the same as you.. food is my drug to numb the pain!! I lost my mum suddenly almost 4 years ago. My thoughts are with you today because I know how hard it is on these days.. anniversaries, birthdays, Christmas. It makes you miss and think about your loved one even more than you do on any other day. And unfortunately the food only works for as long as you're eating it and then you feel even worse afterwards. Stay strong and I'll keep you in my prayers :)

I'm praying for you :) Emotional pain is the worst kind of pain and I'm the same as you.. food is my drug to numb the pain!! I lost my mum suddenly almost 4 years ago. My thoughts are with you today because I know how hard it is on these days.. anniversaries' date=' birthdays, Christmas. It makes you miss and think about your loved one even more than you do on any other day. And unfortunately the food only works for as long as you're eating it and then you feel even worse afterwards. Stay strong and I'll keep you in my prayers :)[/quote']

Thank you I appreciate that. You are right I would feel worse after overeating but it was a distraction for me. Sorry about your mom. Loss is always hard.

I was banded 08-21-2013....

YES! That sounds great! Who are your surgeon's if i might ask? i'm with Dr. Ricks out of De Peres in STL

I sent you a private message. How you feeling?

I'm praying for you!!! Oh, I'm so sorry! My heart just aches for you :'( I totally understand the emotional eating. Try & remember the good memories with him...that may ease some of the pain during this time.....I was wanting to be an emotional eater today. Today was my first day back to work & I feel like I was hit by a train. I cannot eat because my stomach is tight. I'm miserable.

Well....I'M BANDED! feeling very good at the moment, decided to stay at the hospital over night because well why not, I enjoy having medical professionals watching over me.

My stomach was "floppy and stretched" so he gave me 5 Patterson stitches (sewed my stomach to the other side of my stomach) making it look similar to the sleeve procedure

Anyone have that?

Also NO GAS PAIN

Does that come later? So far I feel great, well wishes to everyone!

Well....I'M BANDED! feeling very good at the moment' date=' decided to stay at the hospital over night because well why not, I enjoy having medical professionals watching over me.

My stomach was "floppy and stretched" so he gave me 5 Patterson stitches (sewed my stomach to the other side of my stomach) making it look similar to the sleeve procedure

Anyone have that?

Also NO GAS PAIN

Does that come later? So far I feel great, well wishes to everyone![/quote']

I'm glad you are doing well and life is good. I have never heard of that other procedure. Hopefully that helps as well. Keep us updated.

Getting banded next month. Looking for other newbies.

Hello All! This is my first post....I almost gave up, couldn't figure it out! Band date is Oct 8th......soooo incredibly excited! !!!

Hello All! This is my first post....I almost gave up' date=' couldn't figure it out! Band date is Oct 8th......soooo incredibly excited! !!![/quote']

Still not sure I know how to start a post..

Well....I'M BANDED! feeling very good at the moment' date=' decided to stay at the hospital over night because well why not, I enjoy having medical professionals watching over me.

Anyone have that?

Also NO GAS PAIN

Does that come later? So far I feel great, well wishes to everyone![/quote']

Congrats!