Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 6th...time for a healthy change. anyone else new in august?

I am also a private person. I kept it to myself until after my approval from Aetna. I did run into judgemental people but they dont live my life. It was a health issue and my decision to make. It has improved my quality of life already and I am only two weeks post op. I dont go around waving a flag but if asked, I provide honest answers. The band is not an automatic fix, we STILL have to put the work in so anyone who says we cheated is full of malarky

Angemc- I'm staying strong as can be expected at this phase. Today see the psychiatrist to see if can come off some meds. She will probably say wait until all this first and second phase is over but we'll see. My blood sugar this am is 217. I took about 16 u of 70/30 insulin. If all I'm having is hot tea...sf Jello and Water how much sugar is going into my body? Doesn't make sense. So in my estimation it has to be the meds I am taking. Oh well. Life's a mystery...so is our body. Alot of things can't explain. You stay strong too.

Gosh is sounds like the meds you are on are definitely affecting you. Hopefully as you lose weight, you will be able to lose the meds! :)

Angemc- I'm staying strong as can be expected at this phase. Today see the psychiatrist to see if can come off some meds. She will probably say wait until all this first and second phase is over but we'll see. My blood sugar this am is 217. I took about 16 u of 70/30 insulin. If all I'm having is hot tea...sf jello and water how much sugar is going into my body? Doesn't make sense. So in my estimation it has to be the meds I am taking. Oh well. Life's a mystery...so is our body. Alot of things can't explain. You stay strong too.

I am also a private person. I kept it to myself until after my approval from Aetna. I did run into judgemental people but they dont live my life. It was a health issue and my decision to make. It has improved my quality of life already and I am only two weeks post op. I dont go around waving a flag but if asked, I provide honest answers. The band is not an automatic fix, we STILL have to put the work in so anyone who says we cheated is full of malarky

People just automatically assume that we will lose weight once we have the band. They just don't realise how much of a role we have in losing weight. It is a daily battle for me, and I suspect it always will be :)

People just automatically assume that we will lose weight once we have the band. They just don't realise how much of a role we have in losing weight. It is a daily battle for me' date=' and I suspect it always will be :)[/quote']

Couldn't have said it better myself. It is a daily battle. I had mashed potatoes last night. I knew I was full but I still wanted more and snuck a few bites. It must be a trigger food for me. I try and think of the goal that I have as well as my new healthy lifestyle. I have to remember its for a lifetime and I have learn to balance healthy choices with occasional not so healthy ones.

Yeah! A day before, I was banded ; ) Yes, time had flown by! How are you feeling? You are not too far. I actually live across the river in Illinois. Not that far.

I was banded on 8/14. It does get easier with each day. I'm also going back to work wed. Time off has flown by! Not from St. Louis but not too far. I live just outside of KC.

YAY MID WEST!! I am actually in illinois about 10 - 15 minutes from STL, Are you close to me Jama?

YAY MID WEST!! I am actually in illinois about 10 - 15 minutes from STL' date=' Are you close to me Jama?[/quote']

I live in Illinois too! Also 10-15 min from St. Louis ; ) Cool!

Getting banded tomorrow at 9:35!!! HOLY COW

So exciting!! I'm so happy for you!!! Sending well wishes & prayers, your way!!!

Getting banded tomorrow at 9:35!!! HOLY COW

Good luck to you!!! It will be done before you know it. I know you'll do a great job.

I live in Illinois too! Also 10-15 min from St. Louis ; ) Cool!

Maybe we can all be buddies?

Cwinkler340- I wanted to include you in that thread too.

CWinkler340- I wanted to include you in the thread too. Still learning the mobile site :)

Gosh is sounds like the meds you are on are definitely affecting you. Hopefully as you lose weight' date=' you will be able to lose the meds! :)

[/quote']

My psychiatrist gave me all reg. pills and said I could break the bigger ones up and spread them out during the day so as not let them sit in my stoma. But I'll be finishing up the liquid dissolabe etc. I can't afford the others. But she did say my risperdone causes me to gain and can't stop taking. I can stop o r cut back as I lose weight on some meds. So some good news. I had some broth from my dgd's cup of Soup with noodles and veggies. Just broth...tasted so good. Have the rest of today and two more days until full liquid. Can't wait.

Has anyone 'cheated' with the food? What I mean is' date=' I had 'egg salad' today. However; suppose to start this Thursday, with eating scrambled eggs. Hope I didn't hurt anything. Also, I found myself licking potato chips for the flavoring. I must have a food addiction. 2 weeks on fluids has me going crazy thinking about food.[/quote']

I did too jams I was supposed to start mushies Monday but o started Sunday I figured 18 hours early wouldn't hurt and it was a safe food (mashed potatoes) my doctor said I'd be fine as long as I didn't get sick.

Has anyone 'cheated' with the food? What I mean is, I had 'egg salad' today. However; suppose to start this Thursday, with eating scrambled eggs. Hope I didn't hurt anything. Also, I found myself licking potato chips for the flavoring. I must have a food addiction. 2 weeks on fluids has me going crazy thinking about food.

I confess I cheated a bit too! I was completely fed up with liquids after two weeks and since I knew I could have fish and turkey chili after my two week follow up, I had some of both 4 days early. :)