Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 6th...time for a healthy change. anyone else new in august?

Had my surgery on 8/14. Everything went well but a little more sore today. No nausea so far. Still on thickened liquids. I don't know if I feel huge restriction because I'm still on liquids. I don't really feel the band either. Still a bit numb around the incision sites. Anyone else have staples? Feel like they are tugging a bit.

I have the steri strips on the outside and stitches on the inside. I can feel a tugging or pulling too. It sure hurts at times. Now 7 days post-op. Hopefully returning to work tomorrow.

Aghhh really struggling with my hunger at the moment. I was managing ok with four small meals a day but have been soooo hungry over the weekend. That cup and half my doc wants me to have is just not cutting it! I'm probably eating twice that. Hub keeps telling me that it is a good sign' date=' obviously the swelling has gone down... but oh my gosh it's like I don't even have a band!! Anyone getting banded tomorrow??[/quote']

Hang in there! Once you go & get your first fill, you will not be so hungry. Take Care. This has been, more difficult than I imagined. I have cried more than a few times the last few days. I just want real food. The shakes are not cutting it. We are all in this together. The New healthier bandies ; )

I have the steri strips on the outside and stitches on the inside. I can feel a tugging or pulling too. It sure hurts at times. Now 7 days post-op. Hopefully returning to work tomorrow.

Good Luck going back to work tomorrow, Musical73!! The 'New You' will walk through the doors tomorrow. I can't wait to get back to my daily routine (work). Take Care.

Aghhh really struggling with my hunger at the moment. I was managing ok with four small meals a day but have been soooo hungry over the weekend. That cup and half my doc wants me to have is just not cutting it! I'm probably eating twice that. Hub keeps telling me that it is a good sign' date=' obviously the swelling has gone down... but oh my gosh it's like I don't even have a band!! Anyone getting banded tomorrow??[/quote']

Your hub is right the swelling is going down and that's why you are able to eat more. Are you doing a variety of the things you can eat? Sometimes a change may help satisfy you psychologically as well. Hopefully it will help when you get real food.< /p>

I'm scheduled for surgery in the morning :)

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with the crying moments questioning if I did the right thing

Hi all! I got banded on 8/7 and did great post-op. my surgery was at 8am and I was on my way home by noon that day. Things didn't get rough until my narcotics wore off at about 5pm that evening. My surgeon Rx'd Celebrex (a heavy-duty NSAID/anti-inflammatory) but advised that we probably wouldn't need that bc most of his patients do fine with just Tylenol. I took the Celebrex and got the WORST heartburn/acid reflux EVER (similar to the pain I felt when I had gallbladder attacks). I think it's because at that point I had been on a liquid diet for a week and really didn't eat anything on surgery day so I think I just didn't do well with an NSAID on an empty stomach. Anyway, I couldn't take any more of that Celebrex after that so I stuck to Tylenol PM and liquid gels during the day. I was absolutely MISERABLE!!! :( It was the worst recovery/most pain post-op I've ever dealt with from a surgery (and I've had 7 abdominal surgeries and a baby sans drugs)! I blame it on the surgeon not prescribing narcotics.

I'm happy to report that today is the first day I have virtually no pain whatsoever. I didn't take the Tylenol for very long so I just dealt with the pain by being laid up in bed for he first few days. I did make myself get up and walk around a lot for fear of blood clots and/or pneumonia.

4 days after my surgery I walked one (very slow) mile at a local park. Every day since I've been increasing my distance and improving my time. That first walk was 28 minutes because I was in so much pain! I'm up to 3.5 miles daily and averaging 16-18 minute miles :) I've lost 12lbs in the past three weeks which includes my one week pre-op diet. I am still having issues with heartburn but overall feel FANTASTIC!

I'm ready to graduate from my "baby food" diet and am looking forward to eating "real food" again in the next 2 weeks. Reading thru all of your stories and encouraging words helped me get thru the worst post-op recovery of my life!! Thank you all :) can't wait to see how we all do over the next days/weeks/months/years!

Good luck and Godspeed!!! :)

Sam :)

Hi! I am getting banded on 8-26 and I had to cheat a little on my diet because I was traveling and had to go to dinner with my VP. My BMI is 45, and I had chicken breast, coleslaw and broccoli. The next day I was in a conference and planned on getting out to make a stake but they brought lunch in and we couldn't leave to do anything. (Bathrooms were there) so I had a wrap. Will this hurt my surgery? Anyone experience this?

Well, no experience here, but my pre op diet is only 3 days long, my doctor tells me that after 3 days the liver stops shrinking ( the point of the pre op diet) soooo... Thats one way to look at it ? I cant imagine that it could be that harmful, I HOPE IT WORKS OUT!

Hi all! I got banded on 8/7 and did great post-op. my surgery was at 8am and I was on my way home by noon that day. Things didn't get rough until my narcotics wore off at about 5pm that evening. My surgeon Rx'd Celebrex (a heavy-duty NSAID/anti-inflammatory) but advised that we probably wouldn't need that bc most of his patients do fine with just Tylenol. I took the Celebrex and got the WORST heartburn/acid reflux EVER (similar to the pain I felt when I had gallbladder attacks). I think it's because at that point I had been on a liquid diet for a week and really didn't eat anything on surgery day so I think I just didn't do well with an NSAID on an empty stomach. Anyway, I couldn't take any more of that Celebrex after that so I stuck to Tylenol PM and liquid gels during the day. I was absolutely MISERABLE!!! :( It was the worst recovery/most pain post-op I've ever dealt with from a surgery (and I've had 7 abdominal surgeries and a baby sans drugs)! I blame it on the surgeon not prescribing narcotics.

I'm happy to report that today is the first day I have virtually no pain whatsoever. I didn't take the Tylenol for very long so I just dealt with the pain by being laid up in bed for he first few days. I did make myself get up and walk around a lot for fear of blood clots and/or pneumonia.

4 days after my surgery I walked one (very slow) mile at a local park. Every day since I've been increasing my distance and improving my time. That first walk was 28 minutes because I was in so much pain! I'm up to 3.5 miles daily and averaging 16-18 minute miles :) I've lost 12lbs in the past three weeks which includes my one week pre-op diet. I am still having issues with heartburn but overall feel FANTASTIC!

I'm ready to graduate from my "baby food" diet and am looking forward to eating "real food" again in the next 2 weeks. Reading thru all of your stories and encouraging words helped me get thru the worst post-op recovery of my life!! Thank you all :) can't wait to see how we all do over the next days/weeks/months/years!

Sam :)

IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! you seem like a trooper! How has your hunger been throughout the whole thing?

Does anyone know of a group for August bandsters 2013????

IF NOT! I have created one for all of us to have a nice organized way of communicating!!!

PLEASE JOIN UP!!

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/groups/show/154-august-2013-bandsters/

If there is a group however... I will promptly delete!!! please let me know!!!

I'm scheduled for surgery in the morning :)

Good luck to you tomorrow!

Your hub is right the swelling is going down and that's why you are able to eat more. Are you doing a variety of the things you can eat? Sometimes a change may help satisfy you psychologically as well. Hopefully it will help when you get real food.

I start mushies tomorrow.. Hopefully that will help. But I think you're right, I think a big part of it is psychological. Mental hunger + physical hunger = one unhappy gal!

Hi all! I got banded on 8/7 and did great post-op. my surgery was at 8am and I was on my way home by noon that day. Things didn't get rough until my narcotics wore off at about 5pm that evening. My surgeon Rx'd Celebrex (a heavy-duty NSAID/anti-inflammatory) but advised that we probably wouldn't need that bc most of his patients do fine with just Tylenol. I took the Celebrex and got the WORST heartburn/acid reflux EVER (similar to the pain I felt when I had gallbladder attacks). I think it's because at that point I had been on a liquid diet for a week and really didn't eat anything on surgery day so I think I just didn't do well with an NSAID on an empty stomach. Anyway' date=' I couldn't take any more of that Celebrex after that so I stuck to Tylenol PM and liquid gels during the day. I was absolutely MISERABLE!!! :( It was the worst recovery/most pain post-op I've ever dealt with from a surgery (and I've had 7 abdominal surgeries and a baby sans drugs)! I blame it on the surgeon not prescribing narcotics.

Sam :)[/quote']

Sounds like you had a rough time in the beginning. Glad to hear you are on the up and focused on your goal. That first week after surgery was horrible but for me didn't compare to the c-section I had with my twins. I'm still traumatized by that!!!