Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had first fill today and....

Y'all were pretty much right. I was psyching myself out. I got 1.5 cc had to my 14cc bad for a total of 2.3 cc. Is 1.5 a typical add in amount?

The most painful part was the nurse looking for my port. For a tiny Asian woman she sure could press down on my gut!

The good news is I was down 26 from surgery and 51 from preop.

Thanks again for all the words of encouragement.

That's an amazing loss! Congrats! I had 1 cc added to the original 3.5 from surgery. Since you didn't get as much at surgery I think 1.5 is probably a good amount for you. Be careful with introducing foods. For about a week after my fill, one day I could handle most anything then the next day I had to be very cautious.

Congrats that is awesome! ;)

Yay....congratulations! You are well on your way now! :D

Y'all were pretty much right. I was psyching myself out. I got 1.5 cc had to my 14cc bad for a total of 2.3 cc. Is 1.5 a typical add in amount?

The most painful part was the nurse looking for my port. For a tiny Asian woman she sure could press down on my gut!

The good news is I was down 26 from surgery and 51 from preop.

Thanks again for all the words of encouragement.

Do fills hurt?

It hurts for the millisecond it takes for the needle to go in. Much like taking blood. Except taking blood hurts more I reckon.

Congrats on getting through your first fill! In the beginning, doctors can go a little more aggressively with fills because the expectation is you've got a ways to go to get to the green zone yet. Especially if you say anything like "I can't really feel the band right now", or "I'm getting hungry pretty quickly". It's the patients who come in and say "oh I still struggle to finish a cup of food" that they'll be more cautious with.

Just take it easy for a day, you'll be fine!

Do fills hurt?

The needle didn't hurt at all when doing it. Her trying to find my port hurt like the dickens.

The needle didn't hurt at all when doing it. Her trying to find my port hurt like the dickens.

My Dr used a long Big needle and it hurt horribly ! lol !!!

This is not meant to scare anyone, as different people have different techniques, but this is the result from my first fill. It hurts as hell!!! The needle was NOTHING compared to the pressing on my tummy to find the spot on entry. Ouch!!!!!

post-211098-13813135370479_thumb.jpg

post-352569-1381314227302_thumb.jpg

This is not meant to scare anyone' date=' as different people have different techniques, but this is the result from my first fill. It hurts as hell!!! The needle was NOTHING compared to the pressing on my tummy to find the spot on entry. Ouch!!!!!

[/quote']

Yikes!! That looks rough!

I prefer the small fill amounts; when my surgeon has added larger amounts, I have almost always had reflux issues, etc.

Good luck on your journey!

This is not meant to scare anyone, as different people have different techniques, but this is the result from my first fill. It hurts as hell!!! The needle was NOTHING compared to the pressing on my tummy to find the spot on entry. Ouch!!!!!

post-352569-1381314227302_thumb.jpg

Holy crap! Was it necessary for them to be that rough on you? :o

My first fill was today and it was tough. Several pokes and then had to go to x-ray to get in port. Had 2cc added and go back in 2 weeks for recheck.

Next times we are starting with the long needle and no more thinking the short might work. Still to fat for a short needle.

It wasn't horrible but it wasn't easy either. Very sore tonight.

Crystal

I had my first fill today. It did not hurt, it was one poke. She removed my Fluid to see how much I had since surgery. The dr notes stated 2cc, however she withdrew 3cc. I asked to see it. Lol. she added an additional. I'm at a total of 4cc in a 10cc band. Im on liquids for the next 2 days then mushies. I'm down 21lbs since preop! I was banded on 7-31.

Sent from my iPhone5 using LapBandTalk

Holy crap! Was it necessary for them to be that rough on you? :o

I dont know if it was; however, i hardly hear of people coming out like this. You can be sure I'm bringing this up during my next visit. For sure the B&B will still be there in two weeks when I go for my second fill. If my nurse is rough AGAIN, I'll request my surgeon instead.