Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 3 weeks and 1 day post-surgery, I had my first fill yesterday - I didn't know I got 3cc's during surgery and 1cc was added yesterday for a total of 4cc's in a 10cc band. I'm melting, for lack of a better word - averaging 1.5 lb loss a day. I'm getting in as much as I can, I manage at least 800 cals (should be 1,200), my hair isn't shedding, I'm not weak...in fact I feel stronger than I have in quite some time, I don't really exercise but I walk and take the stairs a lot at work. My coworkers are concerned that I am dropping the pounds too quickly but at my appointment yesterday my nurse said that I'm 9 weeks ahead of my goal, but she didn't seem concerned. Is this okay and has anyone else had this experience? Please say yes, because I'm happy with such rapid results.

Don't worry about it, really. I lost really fast to begin with and several co-workers said I was losing way to fast, but it slowed as time when on. Now I have been stuck in the same 5 pound zone for about 3 months.

I am 4 week post op yesterday. I am down 55 pounds including the weight loss I had as part of my 3 week pre-op liquid diet. I too am feeling much better with more energy. I have been eating about 1000 calories a day with a half hour walk every day. In my personally experience the bigger you are when you start the faster it comes off in the beginning. Enjoy it now as you will hit some dreaded plateaus where no weight will come off for several weeks at a time. It is a long process but you are off to a great start.

I am 4 week post op yesterday. I am down 55 pounds including the weight loss I had as part of my 3 week pre-op liquid diet. I too am feeling much better with more energy. I have been eating about 1000 calories a day with a half hour walk every day. In my personally experience the bigger you are when you start the faster it comes off in the beginning. Enjoy it now as you will hit some dreaded plateaus where no weight will come off for several weeks at a time. It is a long process but you are off to a great start.

Everyone loses at different rates. If you feel good and your doctor isn't concerned, then just enjoy the success.

For the record, I lost super fast at first. I actually lost a whopping 44 pounds before I even had my first fill. I continued to lose around 20 pounds a month for awhile, too. It's only in the last 6-8 months my loss rate has slowed to a more "normal" pace.

Just enjoy it while it lasts but don't be discouraged when it does slow down :)

Yes, everyone does lose at different rates. When I was banded back in 2009, I lost very quickly, losing 125 in 8 months. During that time, I felt great, my energy level was through the roof and did not experience any extreme hair lose. As long as you are feeling good, just enjoy your success!

Everyone loses at different rates. If you feel good and your doctor isn't concerned' date=' then just enjoy the success.

For the record, I lost super fast at first. I actually lost a whopping 44 pounds before I even had my first fill. I continued to lose around 20 pounds a month for awhile, too. It's only in the last 6-8 months my loss rate has slowed to a more "normal" pace.

Just enjoy it while it lasts but don't be discouraged when it does slow down :)[/quote']

Out of curiosity, are you still losing?

I am ten days post op and have lost nine pounds! Loving every minute of it. Last week I thought I made the biggest mistake of my life but this week is much better! Surgery, pain and too many liquids were the cause but it gets better every day. I love this forum also. It has been a great source of comfort.