Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am scheduled for surgery Thurs. and I am getting cold feet. I have managed to get a Migraine thinking of all of the restrictions. It is down right scary.

I too was told no bread for the same reasons' date=' never ever again.

I went shopping yesterday for all the necessities and it was mind blowing. I couldn't find any liquid Tylenol and was totally confused on Protein shakes.

Are the fills painful?[/quote']

It can be overwhelming. That being said anything worthwhile doesn't come easy. I was told that I might be able to eat small amounts of bread but I should toast it first so that it is not so doughy. You can find liquid Tylenol by the kids medicine. I was banded a week ago and it has been a roller coaster of emotion but for me I don't feel good with this weight on and I don't want to live my life this way. You will find your way and be successful. If you chose not to do it that is okay too. I'm glad to chat if you need support or have questions.

I remeber now my doc telling me of a bread I could have jusy not regular old fashioned bread though cause it will expand with moister and cause pain so idk ill have to ask again but for right now I need massive ammounts or pepto I have to call them tommorrow since tommorrow is my last all liquid day and wed I have to start Clear Liquids to see if I can still have pepto... its raw back there and im tired of running to the pot every 30 mins

Well I met my surgeon today I stop all food and drunks at midnight tonight and I hqve to be in at 8:30 am and sugury at 10 and then spend the nught qnd hopefully go home the next day since my initial consultation where I weighed in at 322 lbs with cutting out soda and the preop liquid diet I have lost a total of 15 lbs that was not at all easy to do... basically starvation cause of the liquid diet for a week but I did it and will begin my new life tommorrow. ... or maybe a few days after that lol whenever I can stand to move lol

All I can say is dont rush into it, I wish I would if really did more research and talked with more people before making the decision. I have the band now for a while and has been a roller coaster

Well im sorry you feel that way I know the benifits and I know that this is the best option for me which is why I had it put in and as of the timw I woke uo at 3 pm today I have a lap band and its gonna stay that way

All I can say is dont rush into it' date=' I wish I would if really did more research and talked with more people before making the decision. I have the band now for a while and has been a roller coaster[/quote']

Emotional roller coaster or what?

Emotional roller coaster or what?

I would say a mixture- have had band a while now and have had the hardest time find a comfortable level with the band which in turn slows weight loss one week and then stalls for a while. Have had about 6 fills and 4 unfills due to body changing so much through out the month.

This may be the wrong time for you to decide to have the lap band surgery. You have to want the weight loss and health benefits from not eating and drinking those foods anymore. You have to really really want it. Right now it doesn't sound like you want it. You're choosing bad foods over weight loss' date=' plain and simple. I'd suggest writing down five strong reasons you want to lose weight and live a healthier longer life. Read those reasons for a day or two. Figure out which is more important to you, those five reasons, or ice cream, soda, and obesity. The band doesn't do the work for you. Even with restriction you have to make good food choices.[/quote']

Excellent advice!!

I know it can be scary especially if you are a fussy person with food as I am. I never ate veggies before and I still don't after the band. The only difference is that I try to eat everything else as good as I can. I now take Vitamins and supplements to try to make up for the lack of veggies which is a lot more than I did before. I can eat pretty much all bread or products as long as they are toasted in moderation. The only thing I can not do ad I dd before was the carbonated beverages. They just give me too much gas. Good luck with it.