Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all. I'm on the other side. I was banded about 9 hours ago. I'm home and doing well. Pain in my stomach not too bad. I've had 2 c sections and the pain is comparable. Hard to get up and down but just kinda sore when laying down. My question is.... has anyone experienced back pain? I have a bad back anyway but I've had constant pain my in back since I woke up. Nothing is helping. Could is be gas pains? I've heard gas pains in the shoulder but not the back. Also I have discomfort in my chest. Almost feels like heartburn. Is this gas? Overall doing well. Getting up walking some sleeping some and have only had Water today. Thanks for reading and the support. Here's to a healthier skinny all of us!!! :)

Congratulations new bandster!! You could very well be experiencing gas pains. Walk, walk, walk and walk some more. It could be from the position they had you in on the operating table, that has happened to me. However, should the pain continue, or get worse, as always, call your surgeons office for their advice.

Probably back pain from the operating room table. Very common. Are you taking any pain medicine?

The gas pains are horrible. Walk, walk, walk. That will help work all the gas out quickly.

Best wishes on your new journey! :)

Hello all. I'm on the other side. I was banded about 9 hours ago. I'm home and doing well. Pain in my stomach not too bad. I've had 2 c sections and the pain is comparable. Hard to get up and down but just kinda sore when laying down. My question is.... has anyone experienced back pain? I have a bad back anyway but I've had constant pain my in back since I woke up. Nothing is helping. Could is be gas pains? I've heard gas pains in the shoulder but not the back. Also I have discomfort in my chest. Almost feels like heartburn. Is this gas? Overall doing well. Getting up walking some sleeping some and have only had Water today. Thanks for reading and the support. Here's to a healthier skinny all of us!!! :)

Banded Friday!! That's exactly how I felt and still do.. it gets better has the days go by;) good luck

Hello I'm newly banded on yesterday and I'm experiencing really bad chest pain. Not sure if it's gas or what but I'm taking GasX and not feeling any relief. I'm feeling full eating the broth or the Jello and I don't have much of a appetite. If this pain in my chest would go away I would be on top of the world.

Probably back pain from the operating room table. Very common. Are you taking any pain medicine?

Yes I'm taking what the dr prescribed And took some gas x earlier.

Hello I'm newly banded on yesterday and I'm experiencing really bad chest pain. Not sure if it's gas or what but I'm taking GasX and not feeling any relief. I'm feeling full eating the broth or the Jello and I don't have much of a appetite. If this pain in my chest would go away I would be on top of the world.

I hear ya. If the pain in my back and chest would subside this would b almost easy. Lol

Banded Friday!! That's exactly how I felt and still do.. it gets better has the days go by;) good luck

Thanks and good luck to you as well!

I think the pains are probably gas and a side effect of anesthesia. I have heard walking helps. I am wondering if any of the back pain is related to having the port stitched into place? It seems like it should be painful from the port....no? I have not been banded (on the dark side) but am really looking forward to being on the BBC lighter side :) I hope you feel better and I wouldn't hesitate to call the doctors office with questions about how you are feeling. They may even have an emailed address that you can use. At True Results were assigned advocates that we can call too. They get paid for these services, don't forget to use them :) let me know how you are doing!!

Banded Monday the 8th, day 2 started to fill with gas, started to move and walk and the gas started to pass, still have it today but the pain and bloating is less.

Yes I have a bad back n about day 3 the back pain kicked it. I think it's from not my normal moving around but after a day it two it subsided and by day 6 I was almost back to the old me . Day 9 is today n I'm going back to work and actually excited !! The pain except for this crazy gas issue that comes n goes is all gone. I think the gas is lost there is no hole in my left arm fir it to escape lol although I thought about making one it hit so bad joking. Give ur self time and you will be fine :)

All of your symptoms are normal, you'll be sore tomorrow...trust me. Welcome to the banded life, it's great here!