Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise Today

Ha ha....pretty soon you'll be right up there with me!! Can you imagine what he'll be doing then? :biggrin1:

Lordy, if I get up to 500 leg lifts a day... he'll think...no not think....................he will... look at me and think that I am :hungry:

Give me a month or so to catch up to 500 freakin leg lifts. That's unheard of... lmao!

NO EXCERSISE YESTERDAY. Head down....... tail between legs!

Had a BAD PB last night and after being very sick went to bed. I am just very grateful my band is ok.

Today is a new day and I will be on my bike today for sure.

Don't worry Doc, I take off 1 day every other week. We have to let our bodies rest up.....for 1 day ...

Buhahahwhahahahahhaha....

(cracks a whip)

Ok, I'm one week post-op and jumping in here...

Monday--Walked one mile

Tuesday--Walked 1.25 miles and shot hoops w/ my boyfriend for 20 mins

Wednesday--see above

I'm encouraged! I think about what I was doing two weeks ago (a great big bunch of nothin') and I'm renewed. :clap2:

Tomorrow I'm meeting with the Wellness Center director where I work to get a fitness routine mapped out. For free. How freakin' cool is that?!?

walked on treadmill 4.1mph, 5% grade 45 mins. first increase in speed and incline in a while. but i made it!

Marianne - You are right on track! You are walking and 1 week post op for you. That's how I did it. You go girl! I can't wait to see you in twoville, very soon I see. Walk walk walk...the lb's will just melt off and right now you are at a time where the weight will just fall off the first few weeks so run with that! Never look back.

Niche - Wow! I have really short legs so anything over 4.0 mph is considered jogging or running for me. My walking pace is 3.2 - 3.6 but 4.0 ..and I'm jogging, 5.0 and i'm running. That's really good ..plus you had a 5% incline so that's even harder. Work it!

Dang! I need to get on the ball here. Ok, I'm new to this forum but I am going to do 2 miles. You guys certainly have me motivated to get moving.

2 miles in a few minutes.

my usual...

Monday: workout with trainer...then 35 mins. elyptical machine

Tuesday: light weights....35 mins. elyptical machine...level 5

Wednesday: workout with trianer....then 35 mins. elypitcal machine

i may be slow... what are the leg lifts telly and tricia are doing? are they standing or laying down? thanks! i have to get my strength training mojo back. i am a master at avoiding anything with weights etc. i just love zoning out to the tv on the treadmill. tivo is great for that. if i want to watch gray's anatomy or america's next top model, i have to wait till the next morning and watch while on the tm. it's a great way to motivate myself. it would also work with on demand i suppose.

I'm loving the posts. Keep em coming. Now off to do my workouts. I printed it out just in case. C you all at the end of the night.

O....kay.... have just discovered something interesting. When we bought out treadmill (a NordicTrack) it has miles per hour buttons on it, but the fellow that delivered it told me he calibrated it in kilometres for me. So the speed flashing on the console is km/hr. BUT - that's the only thing in kilometres, so whilst I thought I was doing 4km runs, I was actually doing 4 mile runs - so closer to 6kms. No bloody wonder I completed my 4km fun run in 29 minutes - was stoked at the time. That's an 8km per hour pace, yet when I run 8km per hour on the treadmll I'm sprinting and no way could I keep it up for half an hour. So my treadmill info is misleading. Poop.

Shall have to get myself a pedometer I think.

Anyhow Tuesday night I walked for 10 mins on it before I had to get off. A glass of red wine and a slice of pizza for dinner does not make for a good workout, I got the worst pain around my band, I think the pizza had corners.

Wednesday (yesterday) I had an awesome run. I pulled out a CD that I hadnt listened to in 10 years, and I did the aerobic 3 program which is quite a difficult one involving killer inclines. Felt great when I got off. 40 minutes, and yep, 6kms

I'm training for a 5km fun run, I thought i'd have to add distance gradually but I'm already doing more than that, lol.

O....kay.... have just discovered something interesting. When we bought out treadmill (a NordicTrack) it has miles per hour buttons on it, but the fellow that delivered it told me he calibrated it in kilometres for me. So the speed flashing on the console is km/hr. BUT - that's the only thing in kilometres, so whilst I thought I was doing 4km runs, I was actually doing 4 mile runs - so closer to 6kms. No bloody wonder I completed my 4km fun run in 29 minutes - was stoked at the time. That's an 8km per hour pace, yet when I run 8km per hour on the treadmll I'm sprinting and no way could I keep it up for half an hour. So my treadmill info is misleading. Poop.

Shall have to get myself a pedometer I think.

Anyhow Tuesday night I walked for 10 mins on it before I had to get off. A glass of red wine and a slice of pizza for dinner does not make for a good workout, I got the worst pain around my band, I think the pizza had corners.

Wednesday (yesterday) I had an awesome run. I pulled out a CD that I hadnt listened to in 10 years, and I did the aerobic 3 program which is quite a difficult one involving killer inclines. Felt great when I got off. 40 minutes, and yep, 6kms

I'm training for a 5km fun run, I thought i'd have to add distance gradually but I'm already doing more than that, lol.

I think you are doing soo great! Wow, you are already running 6kms and you are training for 5km, I think that's how marathon runners train, they strive for more than the competition minimum.

Good going! Pizza and Wine??? mmmmm but bad for me.

i may be slow... what are the leg lifts telly and tricia are doing? are they standing or laying down? thanks! i have to get my strength training mojo back. i am a master at avoiding anything with weights etc. i just love zoning out to the tv on the treadmill. tivo is great for that. if i want to watch gray's anatomy or america's next top model, i have to wait till the next morning and watch while on the tm. it's a great way to motivate myself. it would also work with on demand i suppose.
I lie down when I do my leg lifts. This is the order that I do them:

1) I lie on my side and lift up

2) move to my hands and knees and then lift from the back

3) lie sort of on my butt/side and lift up the inner thigh

4) lie on my back and lift from the floor up

5) back to the side and lift up

I do this 50 times for each leg, which adds up to 500 total.

Plans for today -

3 miles on recumbant bike @ 10mph, pulse rate 130

250 crunches

500 leg lifts (250 each leg - combo of side, inner, back, front)

100 toe raises

100 bicep curls w/ 4lb. weight

100 tricep curls w/ 4lb. weight

100 lateral raises w/ 2lb. weight

Actual exercise today:

Walking around mall for 2.5 hours

250 crunches

300 leg lifts

100 toe raises