Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow morning at 6:00 a.m., I will be sitting in the hospital surgical lounge checking in for my LapBand! I still have a bunch of stuff I want to do around my house today just to get it more clean so I won't have to be thinking about it when I get home (b/c I know that I won't be up for doing anything about it for a while!). I am otherwise as prepared as I can be thanks to everyone here, my doctor, and my nutritionist. My brother keeps commenting on how calm I sound about all of it on the phone.... I cannot say that I am not nervous at all, but I am at peace. I've made this decision to help me bring about the changes that I have needed to make for a very long time! I know that I will have much work to do!!! What I have read of the success stories here is that the people who follow what the doctor / nutritionist tell you to do will be successful. That's what I want / plan to do. I have already lost 17 #s so far. I am more committed than I have ever been..... ever. I am optimistic, hopeful, positive. After my LapBand, I will continue to look to others here for support and hope to be supportive of others, as well! I'll keep you posted! Deb

Sounds like you are in the right frame of mind and truly motivated. I'm sure you will be a successful bandster. Good luck tomorrow...see you on the other side.

Good luck to you. I have my surgery July 2 and am ready.

My surgery is tomorrow same time. God luck. I'm cleaning as well. The funny part is my mom is all nervous she made me broth and accidentally dropped a note into the container & when I showed her, her response was "oh, that's where I left it". When I check in tomorrow I'm going to ask the dr to give her a Valium and me extra to deal with her. Ha ha. All will be good.

Surgery tomorrow too !! Nervous as anything good lucky

Hang in there newbies! Don't be nervous. We were all there and you have great things coming your way! Wishing success to you all!

Thank you all for the wonderful well wishes, fantastic support, & great advice! You have all been so supportive & helpful! I look forward to reporting back again sometime tomorrow & the next phase of this journey to come! Best wishes to everyone else who is banding tomorrow, too, or on July 2nd, as I have a feeling I won't remember to send this message tmr! Haha! sleep with peace, my new-found friends! And again, many, many thanks!

Best of luck to all of you!! How exciting. I have a week to go. Can't wait to read how you all are doing:)

Woo hoo! Excited for all the July banders! Mine is in a few weeks! You sound so positive and that is wonderful! keep sending those positive vibes my way!!! :D Best wishes to you and everyone else! :)

Good luck. My b day is July third.

Update: Surgery went well! I got home from hospital @ 2:15. Worse problem was that I developed a Migraine towards end of time at hospital. Took both pain medication (belly VERY sore) & migraine medication & slept for @ 2.5 hours, which helped a lot! Been sipping Water slowly & just ate half a Jello ... so far, so good. Heating pad on my shoulders is helping the shoulder pain issue quite a bit. Spoke w/ my brother who was amazed with how coherent I sounded. Haha! All is well & I'm settling in for another nap. ???Š Based on what I have read from others, pain is not as bad as I expected. Tomorrow may be worse, but this is today & I will only consider today. I'm happy with how today has gone!

Update: Surgery went well! I got home from hospital @ 2:15. Worse problem was that I developed a Migraine towards end of time at hospital. Took both pain medication (belly VERY sore) & migraine medication & slept for @ 2.5 hours' date=' which helped a lot! Been sipping Water slowly & just ate half a Jello ... so far, so good. Heating pad on my shoulders is helping the shoulder pain issue quite a bit. Spoke w/ my brother who was amazed with how coherent I sounded. Haha! All is well & I'm settling in for another nap. ð Based on what I have read from others, pain is not as bad as I expected. Tomorrow may be worse, but this is today & I will only consider today. I'm happy with how today has gone![/quote']

Congrats agreed pain tolerable :) looking forward to going home Tom myself