Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just had my 5th fill. I'm not gonna say my 5th and final because I thought my 4th fill was my final fill. I don't know why but, every time I go I feel like, "ok this is the magic dose and now I'm gonna get skinny". I guess lapband is a disappointment in that regard because its such a slow process. I, however, am also thankful for my lapband because I don't want all the skin issues, bypass patients get. Yes, they lose weight fast, but some gain it all right back because, unlike lapband, when they stretch its permanent. My sister had bypass and lost a 100 lbs. I became the fat sister. 8 years later she's put about 30 back on and now I have lapband. Needless to say she's already contacted a surgeon about band over bypass lol. Come on 5th fill!! Make me skinny! I know it doesn't work like that but I use my band correctly so I know the weight is gonna start really falling off. I'm not gonna be the fat sister. Hopefully it won't be her either. We're sending "fat" vibes towards our skinny sister. Its her turn lol!

I think it's great you're excited, but it's also important to have realistic expectations. The weight doesn't just "fall off" with the band. In fact, the average weight loss is 1-2 pounds a week. For most people, it is a slow process but if you stick to the rules it will come off with time.

It's also important to realize weight loss happens when you're consuming less calories than you burn. The band itself doesn't make you lose weight any more than a Bracelet around your wrist would. What the band does do is allow you to be satisfied on much less food for much longer periods of time- which in turns makes it easy to stick to band sized portions, eat less food, and lose weight.

Best wishes.

Yes, they lose weight fast, but some gain it all right back because, unlike lapband, when they stretch its permanent.

Brilliant! So well said. Exactly how I felt, but never stopped to really solidify the thought. That is dead on.

Just had my 5th fill. I'm not gonna say my 5th and final because I thought my 4th fill was my final fill. I don't know why but, every time I go I feel like, "ok this is the magic dose and now I'm gonna get skinny"

Me too. I felt this way on my third fill... and yesterday had my 4th. I'm sure it's going to happen. I'm at 7 CC now. Thinking chances of hitting the green zone soon are high.

Thanks so much for sharing. You echoed so many of my own thoughts, concerns and frustrations.

I have little doubt we will both be in the green soon.

I'm at 7.8 cc now. She told me with this one or the next I should hit my sweet spot. It seems like everything hinges on the sweet spot so I have this ideology that when i hit it, ill have mastered my lapband lol. I know its dumb to think the weight is gonna fall off but I've seen it happen for some. I'm doing everything correctly and I'm losing. I wish I could have been skinny for summer but oh well. Ill be skinny for winter.

I'm at 7.8 cc now. She told me with this one or the next I should hit my sweet spot. It seems like everything hinges on the sweet spot so I have this ideology that when i hit it, ill have mastered my lapband lol.

Personally, I think you are 100% correct. I've read too many posts claiming this to be the case for me to believe otherwise.

Also, I have seen a few cases at a support group that make me believe you are right.

Thanks for sharing your CC amount. It is very interesting.

And I think we will both be skinny for winter. Ah, what a freaking relief that will be :)

Lol!!!! Yes, it will be a huge relief! It'll be nice to wear a belt that isn't 10 ft long and shirts that aren't baggy (as if baggy ever hid my rolls). I'm going thru my closet questioning some of my clothing choices as a fat person. Eeek.

Hey so your words def spoke to me-- so how are you eating as you get to green zone- I have days where I can eat but others like today that I can barely keep broth down. I am at 5.8ccs of my 10ccs band and lost 50lbs since surg in Dec 12

Hey so your words def spoke to me-- so how are you eating as you get to green zone- I have days where I can eat but others like today that I can barely keep broth down. I am at 5.8ccs of my 10ccs band and lost 50lbs since surg in Dec 12

Things seem more consistent for me, but I'm sure that is because I haven't been in the green zone. It seems for a week after a fill I can eat whatever I want, but not very much of it. Slowly as time goes, I can eat more and more. I'm betting the initial restriction is just swelling from the fill.

I've had two PB/vomiting episodes since being banded, but both were easily preventable if I had eaten slower and chewed more.

I've read others talk about this kind of fluctuation you describe. I haven't seen a lot of discussion on it, but I would think it's got to be pretty normal if someone is properly restricted. You seem to be doing well with your weight loss which makes me think you are in the green zone. For whatever that is worth :)

Smiles4di wow! I wanna lose at the speed you are. Brianb I know you do as well lol! That is awesome! Is your hunger controlled? What are your daily eating habits like? Thank you for sharing. That's definitely inspirational.

I recently discovered these Hormel meals that are absolutely delicious and my favorite one has 26g of Protein. Granted, its not low fat but with Portion Control and the band I'm losing. I eat a lot of cucumbers. I CRAVE salsa. I crave it so much I eat it about 3 times a day. I sprinkle Protein powder on it. I'm still learning foods I should be eating.

What are your, guys/girls, eating habits like?

My eating habits appear to be changing as of right now. Dang, this left over chicken does not want to go down.

I see what others are talking about now about leftovers. Will see how it is in a few weeks.

One thing I noticed right away after the 4th fill was I wanted more chips. I did have a few last night, but didn't want to start a slippery slope of eating around the band, so I stopped and am back to primarily Protein.

I definitely will not give up carbs though. Love them too much to cut them out completely. Also don't think it's healthy. So, for me, a balanced diet of carbs and Protein is the goal.

While I'm balanced with carbs and Proteins, junk food and fast food is still a real problem for me.

Brianb its so funny you mention chips. When I said I love salsa I failed to mention I eat it with chips. I don't eat a lot, however, I'm not totally cutting all of my favorite foods out of my life. I'm losing weight, I eat healthy and I allow myself carbs.

I agree with you 100%. Carbs are the bodies main source of energy and I refuse to stop eating them. I don't go overboard. But I do eat them. I also allow myself to eat sweets. I control it though and its not everyday. Just a treat here and there.

Hey , I'm with you on the 5th fill. It's not here yet buy I'm hoping 6 will be the magic number. I can still eat a cup of food easily and still want a little more but I stop after a cup.

It's not going to drop off like a by-pass but my friend has already gained almost all her 100 lbs back through bypass. WLS is not a magic bullet no matter what procedure you choose but I'm praying I hit that sweet spot in the green zone too. Good luck to you!

Jaye I so love your honesty.......

I can relate to your post -- 110% !!