Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fill virgin no longer :)

Hi all ! Received my first fill today ! 4 cc's was placed in my band. Very excited about that. Need to get to that green Zone ! 24 hours back to liquids, then mushie for a meal then moving on to stage 5 !!!! Woohoo I made it . These few weeks were tuff but so am I !!!

I have to ask, did it hurt??

I have wondered if the numb the area before giving you a fill, etc..lol I'm kinda nervous about that.

Good Luck!

Congratulations, remember tiny bites and chew chew chew!

Some doctors numb and some do not; they feel like a stick to numb is the same as a stick to fill. Both of my doctors have numbed before the fill and I'm glad they do... although the doctor I have now doesn't really let the numbing medicine go to work before he's sticking me with the fill needle.

Regardless, it doesn't hurt any more than any other injection or IV.

Got my fill yesterday after having to reschedule 3 times but its a weird feeling. I was freaking out because of my fear of needles but it wasn't bad at all.

I do need to work on my ability to keep me legs up/hovering though lol

Got my fill yesterday after having to reschedule 3 times but its a weird feeling. I was freaking out because of my fear of needles but it wasn't bad at all.

I do need to work on my ability to keep me legs up/hovering though lol

Legs up??

I went in for my 4 week/first fill appointment two days ago, but my doc and I decided to wait until I return from vacation (rather remote area). So I'll just have my initial primer fill (2 cc) for another couple of weeks...

...can you tell a difference? Most seem to not really have restriction until two or more....

I had 4.4 cc's put in and some days i can tell others i can't.. my dr did numb me up before he put the needle in me.. he does his fills through floroscopy.. i hate needles so was more nervous about that then i shoulda been..you can always call your dr's office to see if yours numb you up? maybe a special request if not?

Twinsies! I had my first fill today too! They did use numbing medicine on me and she had to stick me twice because she couldn't find my port due to scar tissue. :( It was uncomfortable but not too bad. Originally I had 3.4 ccs and she put in 1 cc. I'm on liquids for 2 days, then mushies for 1 day, then regular diet again. Getting Protein in today was tough because I was used to eating it!

Legs up??

Lol yes. My doctor had me lay with a pillow in the middle of my back and lift my legs up a bit off the table (but keeping my legs straight) and arms above head so he could locate the port better and faster.

That's honestly what made it a strange experience.. My doctor did not numb the spot but with all my focus on my legs I didn't feel much.

I did liquids for 48 hours to ensure no incident. But stated already, chew a bunch.

I have to ask' date=' did it hurt??

I have wondered if the numb the area before giving you a fill, etc..lol I'm kinda nervous about that.

Good Luck![/quote']

Hi ! No it did not hurt at all. Se had me lay back the next thing I know it's done. So liquids for 24 then she said tonight I can have fish and tomorrow regular diet. I don't know if there is a difference yet! Time will tell. But I feel great !