Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am not losing! I am doing everything right! Following all my directions eating no more then 1000 calories a day, I've had one fill a d do t really fill any restriction, but if I'm following all the rules shouldn't I be losing regardless of how tight my band is.

I am not losing! I am doing everything right! Following all my directions eating no more then 1000 calories a day, I've had one fill a d do t really fill any restriction, but if I'm following all the rules shouldn't I be losing regardless of how tight my band is.

Certainly would think so. That said, my first thought was... I wonder if she is actually eating a lot more than a 1,000 calories and doesn't realize it? It's so easy to do if you aren't recording/tracking them.

I don't track my calories, but with restriction, I'm hardly eating so it would be pretty pointless.

I've read several posts that people do feel restriction with only a single fill (and sometimes no fills), but on average it seems to take people at least 3 or 4 fills before they notice their appetite decreasing.

All calories are not created equal. You might want to look at the carb content of your diet. For me, when I eat more carbs than Protein it spikes my insulin levels and slows my metabolism down killing my weight loss. Just something to consider.

I don't know how anyone can get 1000 calories in?? I average about 600-700 a day. I am eating "good" Proteins..(first choice fish, second chicken, third pork) I do add in a little bit of veg or fruit with my meals. What I recently noticed, I added in more carbs (put my tuna on crackers) and my weight loss seems to have slowed down. To get over my hump, I am going back to no added carbs.

I'm going away to beach with some friends this weekend, AHHHHHH!!! I am bringing all my necessary food. But, weighed in at exactly 200.0 today, and want nothing more than to break 200, so I hope to be a good girl this weekend.....pray through my temptations, and Celebrate what I have done.

We can do this!!

Are you tracking your sodium content? I think most people need to be under 2500 mg a day. You could be retaining Fluid and that will stall your weight loss or even add weight. Also, when you eat carbs you retain Water. That's why when you start a low carb diet like Atkins the weight falls off. It's water weight because without carbs your muscles let go of their retained water.

I am having the same problem and I was wondering why im struggling to get the scale to move when im sticking to about 1200 cals a day, well now I know why ! I never thought of the small amount of carbs that I eat as the problem ! I thought back to what ive eaten this week,................ spaghetti, 2 crackers w/ pb every am, a half a baked potato........... etc,. Hmmmmm, this might be the problem as to why im stuck on 162.5 lbs ! THANK YOU everybody for your good advice !!!

I'm going to play devil's advocate here and go against the tide- not all carbs are bad.

I don't restrict carbs at all. In fact, I eat a lot of them daily. I'm just mindful to make the carbs I eat good carbs: If it's a white carb (aside from potatoes) or has the words "bleached" or "enriched" on the label I don't buy it. I try to stick to whole grain, whole wheat breads and pastas.

I've lost 212 pounds in 17 months without restricting my daily carbs.

If your diabetic, it's totally different. But otherwise carbs aren't the enemy you just have to be smart about what type of carbs you're eating.

I think it also depends on what stage of weight loss you are on as well. There were changes I could make at 325 that weren't enough to get me under 250. To get to goal weight I have to cut out bread, rice, and Pasta and carbs such as oatmeal, granola, sugared drinks, and fruit. Exercise is a key part as well. I do think that everyone's bodies are different and process foods differently but for me, carb control was that extra bit that got me under goal.

Ok, I'll give you all the info maybe that will help, I had my Sudbury May 16th, my first fill was on June 10, I ave 6cc in a 14 cc band, I weighed 258 lb on the day of my surgery, I am 243.6lb today, I did get down to 241 last week but have not budge since in fact I gained weight. I track everything I eat in my fitness pal, ill include a picture of from my fitness pay of a typical day for me, well i dont typically eat french fries but other then that its a typical day. super frustrated, I just want to lose. I'm kinda embarrassed to because lots f ppl know hat I had surgery and are looking at me like why are u not losing!

post-352434-138131419134_thumb.jpg

You know I felt the same way for a second, after my surgery but we are losing. We didn't have gastric bypass we have a Lapland and we have to do the work everyone here is talking about.

I am doing it right along with you and I want to say I am ONLY down 23 pounds but there is no only to it.

I am down 23 pounds and proud of it and working hard to get that number to go lower every day.

Sometimes I regret that people know about my surgery because I feel like they are all thinking oh she's still fat what is she eating? Should she have that? Really it's just me being self conscious but it's keeping me honest also.

Some people do pointedly ask me "how I'm doing" but I just say great!

You know I felt the same way for a second, after my surgery but we are losing. We didn't have gastric bypass we have a Lapland and we have to do the work everyone here is talking about.

I am doing it right along with you and I want to say I am ONLY down 23 pounds but there is no only to it.

I am down 23 pounds and proud of it and working hard to get that number to go lower every day.

Sometimes I regret that people know about my surgery because I feel like they are all thinking oh she's still fat what is she eating? Should she have that? Really it's just me being self conscious but it's keeping me honest also.

Some people do pointedly ask me "how I'm doing" but I just say great!

I was in the same boat I had my surgery Aug 31, 2012 and it really took me 6months and I think 5 or 6 fills to get going. The second last fill I went to I just felt like a failure like I was going to be that girl spent all of her money and I failed. the nurse even said it is not that common to go that long but now I have a little over 6cc in a 10cc band and for the last couple of months I eat every little, I am not that interested in food like I use to be and just naturally stop. My weight has been slower than i thought it would be but today i thought well i have lost 30 pounds and that is a big deal. Also I am glad i didn't tell anyone but I also get the that is all your eating? and I take forever to eat. I am glad that I went through a break up so i just blame it on that "loss of appetite" but I am sure that will get old eventually. When i try to keep up i have to go to the bathroom to PB and i am sure someone thinks I am blimick. haha. Ohh well it is a journey i know it is hard to have faith cause there are many days that i think I failed but you'll get there.

Oh my gosh - I am right there with you guys...I HATE that anyone knows about my surgery because I really do feel like a failure...I am really having a hard time - I feel like all I can eat is Soup - it's probably my own fault, too big of bites, eating too fast...it's so much harder then I ever thought it would be. I thought the weight would fall off - I feel like I'm hardly eating, or when I do it comes back up, so why am I not losing. I'm in such a funk about it all, I need something positive!

Oh my gosh - I am right there with you guys...I HATE that anyone knows about my surgery because I really do feel like a failure...I am really having a hard time - I feel like all I can eat is Soup - it's probably my own fault, too big of bites, eating too fast...it's so much harder then I ever thought it would be. I thought the weight would fall off - I feel like I'm hardly eating, or when I do it comes back up, so why am I not losing. I'm in such a funk about it all, I need something positive!

If all you can eat is Soups (slider foods) and real food comes back up, there's a good chance you're too tight. Being tight can actually lead to weight gain because you're unable to eat a healthy, balanced diet.

I would discuss it with your doctor if I were in your shoes