Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cosmetic Surgery Consult Today - Now Confused!

i had to be at the same weight for 6 months...

I am having Breast lift without implants and an arm lift done at the same time. I will let you know how it goes!!

I will be thinking of you. Wishing you only the best, and as pain free as possible.

Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!11

18 weeks post op arm lift- not an easy recovery but end results have been worth it. was a week before drains out,which is normal. also have to wear compression sleeves for a while, depending on your surgeon's preference. it is a major surgery, not to entered into lightly. I have wanted for at least 15 years- just couldn't lose that arm fat and if you'd asked me weeks 1-4 if I'd do again, I would have either said no or hesitated. I can't imagine arms and tummy at same time. There was quite a bit of swelling in arms and hands and just really gotten under control last few weeks.

Thanks for all the responses! This is such an overwhelming process, and I have to admit the answers I got from the surgeon yesterday were not the answers I was expecting or prepared for. Additionally, it sounds like he charges $9,000 for an arm lift and $7,000 for a breast lift without an implant. Implants are $7,000 as well, but if you get a lift and implant there is a deal you can get. Who knows what that is. I may go there for my Tummy Tuck and then look around for other places to get the arm and breast lift. I know that plastic surgery is not something you want to find the lowest price for, but I just feel like that amount is a little extreme. Maybe I haven't done enough research to know though!

I did a lot of research on my plastics and I ended up going to Mexico for mine. I had excellent results...I had full lower body lift (tummy and butt), inner thigh lift and Lipo on thighs for about $7,000.

Hi, I had my upper arms done. I had such a large wing that I burnt myself on the stove. To have this corrected I had to pay for it. Surgery on both arms was $2400, anesthesiologist was $1900, and I do not recall what the same day surgical center cost. I healed quickly, and then stopped. I increased the amount of Protein I was eating, and my arm started to heal quickly again. The incision goes from my elbow to the end of my arm. No more burnt "wings" when I cook. Lots of luck.

I had arm and breast lift done together and was fine. Wouldnt never do tummy with arms because you need your arms to support you while tummy heals. Good luck xx

I live in Illinois and I am HOPING that since I have had some skin infections and things like that' date=' that insurance will pay for my Tummy Tuck. I know that is a stretch, but I have pretty good insurance that covers a tummy tuck with preauthorization and I have been to the doctor a few times in the past 6 months to discuss the stomach issues. If I have to wait to have it, that is fine with me. I still have weight I want to lose. Where did you have yours done?[/quote']

I would not wait too long, if I were you! ObamerCare Is coming and who knows what will happen then, OR what they will pay for. Think about it.

Sent from Angel's iPad using LapBandTalk

It is certainly preferable to do as many procedures as possible at one surgical setting to avoid 2 downtimes, 2 recoveries, 2 exposures to anesthesia and the added expense of 2 surgeries.

Surgeons will stage procedures for several reasons. If there is a large amount of skin there may be a simple time constraint in removing it all. This type of work also requires a team approach in a specialty facility (in my opinion). Not all surgeons may be willing to enlist the extra help needed to move thee cases along, and not all facilities are capable of handling the recovery process for longer procedures.

My typical staging is:

Stage 1: lower body lift, breast lift, liposuction as needed, possible breast implants

Stage 2: arms and legs plus touchups from Stage 1. Add breast implants to lift if not done at Stage 1.

Hope this helps

Dr. LoMonaco

www.DrLoMonaco.com

www.BodyLiftHouston.com

I am having Breast lift without implants and an arm lift done at the same time. I will let you know how it goes!!

I'd be interested in the cost and where you're having the procedure done.

It is certainly preferable to do as many procedures as possible at one surgical setting to avoid 2 downtimes' date=' 2 recoveries, 2 exposures to anesthesia and the added expense of 2 surgeries. Surgeons will stage procedures for several reasons. If there is a large amount of skin there may be a simple time constraint in removing it all. This type of work also requires a team approach in a specialty facility (in my opinion). Not all surgeons may be willing to enlist the extra help needed to move thee cases along, and not all facilities are capable of handling the recovery process for longer procedures. My typical staging is: Stage 1: lower body lift, breast lift, liposuction as needed, possible breast implants Stage 2: arms and legs plus touchups from Stage 1. Add breast implants to lift if not done at Stage 1. Hope this helps Dr. LoMonaco www.DrLoMonaco.com www.BodyLiftHouston.com[/quote']

Thanks! It helps a lot!

Hello again everyone! Just a quick update and more questions for anyone that can chime in!

I decided to forget about trying to get insurance to pay for my Tummy Tuck and just pay for it out of pocket. I have my surgery scheduled for April 17th, but I am starting to wonder if I am doing it too soon. I started my journey with Lap Band at 334 lbs and I am currently right around 175 which means I have lost around 160 pounds. I have a lot of excess skin, but I am not yet to my goal weight of 160 pounds. Is it a bad idea to go through with the surgery at 175 lbs if I still plan to lose another 15-20 pounds?

Some people think it isn't bad because obviously 160 pounds was a lot to lose in 2 years so I do have a lot of skin, but I wanted to get everyone's opinion on it!

I have so much skin that the Dr. is performing a fleur-de-lys tummy tuck, if that helps put things into perspective for you!

I did a lot of research on my plastics and I ended up going to Mexico for mine. I had excellent results...I had full lower body lift (tummy and butt), inner thigh lift and Lipo on thighs for about 7,000.

Who did you use for your surgery?

What does your doc think about you wanting to lose more? Does he say you should be at goal before surgery? I have always been told you should be within 10lbs and stable for 6 months. You do not want to have surgery then lose more and have loose skin. I would get the docs opinion.

I got down to about 165 range at at my initial consult they told me i didn't have much more to lose. At 5'5" I was a bit skeptical to be honest.

I postponed surgery until I got down to 150 and was told that I should stay within 10% of that to maintain best results. My reasoning was i never want to get below 135 or over 165 so it seemed like a good place to be!

By the time i had surgery I had 5.5# of skin removed and doctor said I didn't really have enough fat to make Lipo worth the pain and recovery. I think he was right, my body fat percentage is within the range of normal for my age and gender.

I am happy with my choices and results and went to Dr Sauceda in Mexico. And yes, he does mega procedures at once which i realize is controversial and has plusses and minuses. for me, it was a good choice though because i wanted it DONE and couldn't take off many weeks for repeated surgeries. Just emotionally, I needed to get this whole plastics deal in my rearview mirror so to speak....The USA surgeon i consulted with wanted to do it over 3 surgeries and while I might have gotten "tighter" results going that route, I am pleased as punch with what I got so am glad for my decision.