Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Member, Surgery in two weeks and scared as heck.

Ok, so I am scheduled to have my surgery on the 28th of this month. Scared to death. I almost backed out of everything after a panic attack yesterday. I never have panic attacks. Ever. But obviously this is a big deal and a complete life changer. It wasn't until after I found this support group that I changed my mind to go forward. You were all very informative and encouraging and for that, I thank you all. I still have SO many questions and concerns but I won't list them all here, don't worry!

I guess my first question is has anyone had their surgery done by Dr Nirmal here in Tempe, AZ? Or heard about anyone using him as a surgeon?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Dave

Hello Dave, I don't know your surgeon as I had my surgery in Fort Worth, TX. I would have thought you would have looked into his background prior to this but as long as he makes you comfortable - go for it. It took me about a year to go forward with my surgery and the only regret was I didn't do it sooner! If you have any other questions you can reach me though this forum or email me at jea195otr@aol.com. I had my surgery in May 2009.

Thank you, Jam2009! I did actually do a lot of research on the doctor and looked him up inside out and sideways. I even had a couple people personally tell me they were happy with him, but it never hurts to ask a large forum like this one just in case someone knows something I don't. Appreciate your insight and encouiragement!

Ok, so I am scheduled to have my surgery on the 28th of this month. Scared to death. I almost backed out of everything after a panic attack yesterday. I never have panic attacks. Ever. But obviously this is a big deal and a complete life changer. It wasn't until after I found this support group that I changed my mind to go forward. You were all very informative and encouraging and for that, I thank you all. I still have SO many questions and concerns but I won't list them all here, don't worry!

I guess my first question is has anyone had their surgery done by Dr Nirmal here in Tempe, AZ? Or heard about anyone using him as a surgeon?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Dave

U need to be strong

I back off in 2011 and now I star all over

U CAN DO IT u are in my prayers

Dave, I am having my surgery 6/20 with Dr. Nirmul! The surgery just called me today to get all my background info. I have started my 1 week preop diet and I'm a little cranky about it! Haha! I, too, almost backed out, but I really need to do this for my health. I have three kids who need a healthy mom!

Dave did you go through True Results?

I am going through True Results.

Yes, I am!

Dave' date=' I am having my surgery 6/20 with Dr. Nirmul! The surgery just called me today to get all my background info. I have started my 1 week preop diet and I'm a little cranky about it! Haha! I, too, almost backed out, but I really need to do this for my health. I have three kids who need a healthy mom![/quote']

Best of luck to you! I'm sure you'll do great so keep me posted. Have you met Dr Nirmul yet? I assume you have, if so how did you like him? I'm doing this for my family, too. And for myself, of course. Tired of battling the weight and taking the pills. I'll be thinking about you on 6/20!

My surgery is the 28th! Can't wait!!