Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Are You Reading?

About the Goldfinch, I'm about three quarters finished. It has a traumatic beginning, some depressing situations, but not a depressing book so far. Some good insights into personalities.

I just downloaded this book! I can't wait to start it tonight.

I didn't see a topic for books. I love to read and hear about what others are reading. It's also a great distraction!

Tell me about what you are currently reading. :)

I love to read I have a kindel and download from their free books all the time. I'm currently reading sy fi books, mysterys, romance , historical romance, fantasy, thirllers,and who done it's.

Edited by shadylady_57

I'm reading The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith and J.K. Rowling.

Right now nothing exciting. PMBOK 5th edition. I am preparing for a final exam in class and planning to sit for the PMP exam in March.

What a great thread!

I usually devour at least one book a week. A few I recently finished & recommend are

The dinner by Herman Koch - interesting & disturbing;

The Husbands Secret - a easy, fun read; and

The Burgess Boys. Ohhhh and the best of all ... The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry.

Edited by kellylynn123

I read 50 shades of Grey today, hoping to finish the trilogy by next weekend. I then want to read Orange is the New Black, and I'd like to read the matched series. So I have a few books in my reading queue :-p

Oh and In The Garden of the Beast is a great historical fiction read about the US Ambassador & his family in Germany at the start of WWII.

Right now nothing exciting. PMBOK 5th edition. I am preparing for a final exam in class and planning to sit for the PMP exam in March.

Man, do I feel sorry for you. I couldn't get through 1 pages without getting bored to tears. I highly recommend Head First PMP. MUCH more digestible.

http://www.amazon.com/Head-First-PMP-Jennifer-Greene/dp/1449364918/ref=tmm_pap_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1388950180&sr=8-1

Man, do I feel sorry for you. I couldn't get through 1 pages without getting bored to tears. I highly recommend Head First PMP. MUCH more digestible.

http://www.amazon.com/Head-First-PMP-Jennifer-Greene/dp/1449364918/ref=tmm_pap_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1388950180&sr=8-1

My class is based on 5th ed PMBOK. After class I will be concentrating on PMBOK and 8th ed Rita Mulcahy Exam Prep. I rate PMBOK up there with some of my insomnia cure reading for other classes including con law and admin law. Can't want to read something fun. Hopefully by end of March if not sooner. Just have to pass my PMP exam.

I love this thread! I'm currently reading Orange Is the New Black. I also just ordered The Goldfinch since I've heard such good things about it. I have the Divergence series as well that I have to read still too. So many books to read!

My recent activity:

• "Wilderness" by Dean Koontz: it was okay. I think it's a starter short story to another novel. I don't plan to read the novel.
  • "NOS4A2" by Joe Hill. This was an Audible book and I really enjoyed it. I thought early on that Hill's style was very similar to Stephen King, only to later find out that was because Joe Hill is actually Stephen King's son. If you like King, give this one a spin - I really liked it.
  • "Transfer of Power" by Vince Flynn: I mentioned Flynn earlier in the thread, and this one didn't disappoint. It's what the movie "Olympus Has Fallen" wished it could have been.
  • I just started reading "Sycamore Row" which is recommended here above, and was also recommended by a friend. So far, so good. I also started listening to Audible version of "Atlas Shrugged"

My class is based on 5th ed PMBOK. After class I will be concentrating on PMBOK and 8th ed Rita Mulcahy Exam Prep. I rate PMBOK up there with some of my insomnia cure reading for other classes including con law and admin law. Can't want to read something fun. Hopefully by end of March if not sooner. Just have to pass my PMP exam.

The Head First book covers PMBOK material in a format that's actually readable. It helped me pass my PMP for sure. If I decide to recertify, I will start here. Oh, not a book but PM Prepcast by Cornelius Fitchner was really helpful too. More worth the money than the prep class I took through University of Riverside:

https://www.project-management-prepcast.com/?mobile=0

The Boys in the Boat, by Daniel James Brown. A very good read about the UW men's crew team and their journey to the 1936 Olympics in Berlin. I live in Seattle- grew up here and went to the UW, as did my father and my grandfather. My grandfather was on the crew team in the late 1930's and I have pictures of him with his team and in his varsity Purple W sweater. I rowed crew when I was younger, so this book has been a real treat all around seeing familiar places in the pictures and know exactly what the author is talking about when you get "the swing" while rowing. A great read for those interested in Ww2 era, sports history, the Olympics and underdogs- reads like a novel but it's non fiction.

Edited by Phoenix79

im re reading The Beauty Trilogy..... by Ann Rice AKA A.N. Roquelaure..... She wrote these books in 1983, 84 and 85. Best Erotica i have ever read. Makes 50 Shades read like childs play....

the last of the books is being released in April... so im re reading.

OMG!!! You're the only person I "know" that has ever read that book, besides myself. I read it twice, and probably need to read it AGAIN, as it is a very difficult book to read/comprehend.

I've read it and am a huge Faulkner fan. I love the classics!