Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Date set: July 11th - any other July banders?

Hi girls I made a fresh thread under post op since we are banded!!! Yay!! It's July 2013 band buddies. Kbush I been waiting to hear from u how was your trip and how do you feel?

I'm feeling great and having a great time!

Hi girls I made a fresh thread under post op since we are banded!!! Yay!! It's July 2013 band buddies. Kbush I been waiting to hear from u how was your trip and how do you feel?

I can't find it. What's the title?

Hey everyone! Just wanted to say hi. I joined this forum a couple of months ago, and have lurked from time to time, but decided to introduce myself. I too am a July bander. My surgery is tomorrow morning at 7:00 am. It was supposed to be Monday, 7/15 at 2:30 pm, but my doctor's office called at 1:00 on Monday and had to reschedule because the doctor had an emergency. I can't even begin to tell you how disappointing that was. I'm excited to find several other July banders on this thread. It will be great to be able to support each other as we go. This seems like a great website and a great group of people. Blessings to all! :)

Thanks for sharing this MsGal: I go in on Wednesday for my surgery and so many of these post-op stories are getting me nervous! I'm hoping my recovery is as great as yours is. Best to you that it stays that way!

Sexy...THAT is why I wrote it. I was hearing some scarey stories and thought I would tell mine which seemed very positive. Tenderness and soreness is to be expected. I believe that I was so mentally ready for this journey that nothing was going to dampen my recovery. You will do great. I will be watching you. Good luck my friend! Lisa

Hey everyone! Just wanted to say hi. I joined this forum a couple of months ago, and have lurked from time to time, but decided to introduce myself. I too am a July bander. My surgery is tomorrow morning at 7:00 am. It was supposed to be Monday, 7/15 at 2:30 pm, but my doctor's office called at 1:00 on Monday and had to reschedule because the doctor had an emergency. I can't even begin to tell you how disappointing that was. I'm excited to find several other July banders on this thread. It will be great to be able to support each other as we go. This seems like a great website and a great group of people. Blessings to all! :)

Welcome and best of luck for tomorrow. Keep a positive outlook on your recovery...you will do great! Keep us posted. Lisa

Thanks, Lisa! I will definitely keep y'all posted. So it looks as if you've already had your surgery and all is going well? Congrats! I hope that I can say the same very soon! Staying positive!! :)

YES I AM HAVING MY SURGERY ON 7/18/13 AND I AM SO NERVOUS. i CALL THE CAL AT SHORT NOTICE SO I COULD NOT DO THE 2 WEEK POST OP DIET I ONLY COULD DO 1 WEEK.

Hey mzz - nice to "meet" you! I'm so glad to hear you're nervous too. I have been nervous all week. I was SOOOO nervous on Monday, and then they cancelled it, so now I get to be nervous until tomorrow morning. What time is your surgery tomorrow? My doctor requires a two-week pre-op full liquid diet (meaning you can have Protein Shakes, milk, low-fat cream Soups, etc.), but I've only been on that since 7/8/13.

Thanks, Lisa! I will definitely keep y'all posted. So it looks as if you've already had your surgery and all is going well? Congrats! I hope that I can say the same very soon! Staying positive!! :)

I am 1 week and 2 days out.....back to work, shopping, cooking dinner for my family. Be positive...Drink your Water and protein..... walk walk walk. Never got the gas pains cause I walked so much! Take a Gas X everday just in case.....and move. You will do fantastic. In 2.5 weeks I am down approxt 24 lbs. Stick to the plan and it will be well worth it! Lisa

Wow, Lisa - that is awesome!! What encouraging news to hear! I will definitely do all of that. I've heard how awful the gas is, so I'm glad to know that it is possible to avoid it. I sure hope I can do the same!

Hey ladies day one post op. feeling better than yesterday shoulder pain is the worst incisions are doing better port site a little sore. I can't drink but a small amount of Water and then I fill so full can't wait to be able to drink a full glass of cold water

Hey ladies day one post op. feeling better than yesterday shoulder pain is the worst incisions are doing better port site a little sore. I can't drink but a small amount of Water and then I fill so full can't wait to be able to drink a full glass of cold Water

Hey....congrats on your journey!

Try a Gas X every day.....I found the really full feeling was actually gas. I chewed the Gas X "just in case" and was able to drink water. Started back on Protein shakes on wed (surgery was monday). Short walks very often helps a TON!

Also....Gel ice pack over your clothes on your port site will help with the pain.

My Dr also said to take tylenol between prescription pain pills. Only three-four days to be done with them. If I do too much in a day...I may take tylenol at night!

Hope this helps...Lisa

Hey ladies day one post op. feeling better than yesterday shoulder pain is the worst incisions are doing better port site a little sore. I can't drink but a small amount of Water and then I fill so full can't wait to be able to drink a full glass of cold water

Hi there!! I was banded yesterday as well. I'm taking the gas X strips like its my job right now!! Lol it's helping with the gas ALOT!!! I finally "passed gas" today twice and as so excited!! Like buy no shoulder pain! So def try the gas x.

I'm having trouble standing up straight and breathing in deep. Like my abs are so tight right now!

I am 1 week banded and feel like I made 1000% the right decision. Good luck to all those being banded in the second half of July!