Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Date set: July 11th - any other July banders?

No joke guys day two is bad I really am an emotional wreck and in a lot of pain. I get up and walk I have walked for maybe 45 min today moved around went and sat in the glider chairs in the lobby and looked out the window for 30 min.... Is it gas pain or just being sore? I may double up on my meds tonight... I have Tylenol codine left over from strep throat... Who gives someone Tylenol after surgery?!? So distraught .. Thank god I haven't thrown up or dry heave I would not make it

My doctor ga e my Tylenol with codine and I'm in pain ladies. Just got home having a hard time getting comfy. I went from a morphine drip to Tylenol I was in tears as the nurse was telling me this.

I'm still having a hard time getting comfortable.

No joke guys day two is bad I really am an emotional wreck and in a lot of pain. I get up and walk I have walked for maybe 45 min today moved around went and sat in the glider chairs in the lobby and looked out the window for 30 min.... Is it gas pain or just being sore? I may double up on my meds tonight... I have Tylenol codine left over from strep throat... Who gives someone Tylenol after surgery?!? So distraught .. Thank god I haven't thrown up or dry heave I would not make it

I hope you start feeling better soon. My worst pain was the shoulder pain. My tummy has 1 sore spot. I always had gas pains and these gas pains are a heck of a lot better. I keep a heating pad on my tummy most of the day.

The gas pains are bad I agree. Some discomfort at incisions. I am hoping once the gas bloating is gone the pressure will go away. Hang in there everyone, this will pass. Stay strong!

Sprinkle I was in a lot of pain yesterday too (today is day 2 post-op) but today is much better. I was also given tylenol with codine and though it's helped a little, it hasn't helped that much. I've had an ice pack on almost all the time since I got home yesterday and that has helped the most. I put mine high up on my belly, like right under my bra pretty much and it covers all of my incisions. My incisions themselves aren't really that painful, but the inside is, like my upper abs are really really sore. Try the ice pack! I know some people like heat but I like the ice so I'm not going to change it for now.

Sprinkle they did not give you post op pain meds! I am taking mine every 6 hours still ! Call your surgeon and see if he will prescribe something for you. It might have been an over site.

Aviva where do you put ice

Like rbmk - high on tummy over incisions. Helps a lot. I haven't gotten gas pains in shoulder or back yet but hear a heating pad works there.

Anytime my tummy starts to feel tight I walk a little and 90% of the time that leads to a burp.

Was sitting upright lots today and holding boobs off incisions. Took a little nap. Have slept total 5-6 hrs in last 2 days. Starting to really feel that. Hopefully sleep the night thru to tonight in my own bed.

Am able to sip iced Isopure.

Good luck ladies!

Like rbmk - high on tummy over incisions. Helps a lot. I haven't gotten gas pains in shoulder or back yet but hear a heating pad works there.

Anytime my tummy starts to feel tight I walk a little and 90% of the time that leads to a burp.

Was sitting upright lots today and holding boobs off incisions. Took a little nap. Have slept total 5-6 hrs in last 2 days. Starting to really feel that. Hopefully sleep the night thru to tonight in my own bed.

Am able to sip iced Isopure.< /p>

Good luck ladies!

The heat works wonders for the shoulder. My pain only lasted the first day. I wish I could get comfortable so I can rest. What flavor isopure are you drinking?

fruit punch over ice. Little sips. On 2nd 8oz bottle now.

Sorry of this is gross - but I just had my first post op fart! :)

Have had a few deep chest coughs with phlegm but otherwise the most painful thing is when I'm standing up or sitting down. If I m laying still or walking I'm mostly ok. There is also this interesting hiccup burp that hurts a little but afterwards I feel so much better.

Sorry of this is gross - but I just had my first post op fart! :)

Lol! !!!

By the way.. for those of you that haven't seen my post' date=' we have a COMPLETELY private Facebook group going on, for all of us July bandsters. It is turning out to be an extremely supportive and helpful group and, I invite all of you to give it a try. Nobody can search our group, or see our news feed or comments unless they are members of the group. The only way to be a member is to be invited by me.

If you are interested in joining us, shoot me your email in a private message. I'll be happy to send you an invite! :)[/quote']

Howdy all you recently banded folks! Congratulations!!!!!

I haven't been on in a few days so I am just catching up reading. I am 11 days post-op from banding & really pleased with how things have gone so far! I can totally identify with what I am hearing from y'all! I went through a lot of it! As you always hear, this too shall pass .... No, really it will! As everyone is saying, back pain = hot packs / heating pad. Incision pain = ice packs. (The only lingering annoyance - not really pain - that I have is occasionally at 2 incision sites & that's b/c they are at or close to my pants line.)

I had heard from people that sleeping in a reclining position for the first bunch of days would make the gas pains / back pains better, so I slept in my dual reclining love seat for @ a week before transitioning to my bed. For the most part, I slept pretty well there so I guess it worked for me. Wise women here told me to keep a small pillow over my tummy in case I coughed, sneezed, or laughed, and I did, and that helped too!

I went through a diarrhea stage & wonderful people here reminded me that it's normal, liquid in, liquid out, and it did pass after a couple of annoying, uncomfortable days. The 1st couple of days post-op for me were very difficult as far as not wanting to "eat" anything. I drank Water, but had no appetite. By day 3, I began forcing myself on a schedule of the Protein Drinks to make sure I was getting enough like my doc said. Seems they all stress that to us! I had ordered the Proasis & Profect liquid shots from their website & Amazon before my surgery. They are a small amount of liquid with a really good amount of Protein, so when I don't feel like drinking a lot, these really help me! I also add the unflavored Isopure to other shakes as a protein boost & that seems to really help me keep my energy up more. There were a couple of days in the beginning that I was experiencing a bit of dizziness, but these extras have helped.

Lastly, I quoted "Crayolaphoenix's" message above about the private Facebook page that you may want to consider joining. A few of us have joined in as an additional way to connect & support one another. I really didn't know that there was a way to make a FB page so completely private as she has, so I've been very impressed & happy with the way that it's going & with how caring & supportive everyone who has joined has been so far!

I'll stop rambling now! Hope some of this has been a little useful! From what I'm reading, y'all are doing great! Keep up the fantastic progress! I have my 2 week post-op visit with my doctor on Monday afternoon & am excited to hear what he has to say next!

Peace, Deb