Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Date set: July 11th - any other July banders?

Aviva I am hoping to be 50 lbs lighter and in the green zone by Christmas!

Karen we want to lose the same amount we should be lapband buddies and keep in touch about our progress and by Christmas we will be skinny Minnie's!!

I'm in ocean county and have dr fresco as my surgeon. I am from manahawkin area which is the mainland of long beach island. I know a few people that went to her and the surgeons at their bariatric group. All have been successful!

Hey again ~ I'm very familiar with the area! I used to live on the barrier island in Lavalette & travelled to my job on the western edge of Monmouth County every day until I moved to where I am now. :)

I am hoping to be 250lbs or less by NYE - that will be roughly 50lbs. I am also REALLY HOPING to be in the green zone by then - and I'm committing to hitting 80g of Protein per day and exercising AT LEAST 4x/week. Most of all - I want to feel happy and in control of my relationship with food!

I know I def need more Protein in my diet all together. These shakes make me gag and make me not want to consume anything. I bought the best tasting one in my opinion and its a popular. I guess it's because I been drinking them more.... Help what do I do

I know I def need more Protein in my diet all together. These shakes make me gag and make me not want to consume anything. I bought the best tasting one in my opinion and its a popular. I guess it's because I been drinking them more.... Help what do I do

It has now been a full month where I have had at least 80g of protein/day - something I have never done before in my life. I'm not really a vegetarian - but I never had a craving for meat and wasn't consuming enough Beans, etc to make up for it. I was lucky that my nutri gave me a sample packet of vanilla Unjury and I liked it well enough. I use that and strawberry from Optimum Nutrition and I vary btwn the two at home and will try most pre made ones if I'm out and few have been so bad (to me) that I didn't just get it down. Consuming way more protein actually has me craving meat more. Excited for the day I can start having it again.

Scratch that it is staceyw226@gmail.com

Sorry forgot it changed. Thanks

You have been invited :)

I haven't had meat in three days and I'm okay. I am not a huge steak person but I enjoy chicken. I am going to have to try some other flavor. I heard Unjury was good and a woman in my group said she uses the vanilla and puts peppermint oil in it and other extracts to change the taste. I don't have the vanilla one though just chocolate. I also feel like I would like the strawberry.... I also need it super super cold. I cant drink it Luke warm I want to throw up when it's not Ice cold. I have lost 6 lbs I think cause I was six pounds heavier at doctors last week but it was also on a different scale. So even though I want food and hate my shakes that's positive

I'm getting into smoothies - blend my powder with a little Water, ice, frozen spinach and frozen berries. That will solve the cold thing. Also if I am just shaking it up/hand mixing I sometimes serve it over ice in a fancy glass - makes it a lil more special :)

I have yet to find a chocolate powder I like and I've tried a bunch.

I didn't like Protein Shakes and drinks at first. I thought they had a funny aftertaste. But I really like hem now or at least the mocha flavored one I have. It taste like 1% chocolate milk. My mom has a piña colada flavor it reminds me of the pain killer drink at cheddars.

I'm glad they taste better to me. I plan on drinking one for Breakfast and lunch. I want to be 180lbs by the new year :)

Kbush - who makes the mocha one you like?