Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Date set: July 11th - any other July banders?

Hello everyone, I can say I'm glad to join y'all, I was banded July 2, 2013 ! Yeah

Hi Lois how do u feel? Any advice or anything you wish you knew before hand? I am so excited and nervous for Thursday it's insane!

Hi Lois how do u feel? Any advice or anything you wish you knew before hand? I am so excited and nervous for Thursday it's insane!

That's a great question!

Hello everyone, I can say I'm glad to join y'all, I was banded July 2, 2013 ! Yeah

Hi Lois - Welcome Aboard! Living in NJ, but being from the south, it's always great to "hear" a y'all. I was banded the day before you. People are very helpful here! Keep sharing & they will share back!

Hey Sprinkle! I was banded on July 1st. A lot of folks here suggested that I purchase "The Big Book of LapBand" that you can find on this site. I got the Kindle version b/c it was $10 as opposed to $25 & devoured it! It answered so many questions that I didn't even enough know I should be asking at the time.

I found that what I heard from people here as far as pain level did not ring true for me. I had some pain in my shoulders / upper back, but did what everyone said & used a heating pad & it helped tremendously. (Note to you: Make sure you have a heating Pad!) The pain in my tummy was worse to me b/c my muscles were not in good shape. First couple of days, I used a cane to help me get up, not to walk afterwards, just to get up. Ice helps too. Everyone here told me to be stocked up on any meds that I take, liquid ibuprofen /Tylenol in case of low grade fever, Gas-X (or something like it), and whatever "meals" your doctor says you should consume for the first week so that you won't have to go shopping right after release from hospital. I have found MyFitnessPal to be incredibly useful & the connections with friends there. If you are not using it, maybe now's a good time to start. Otherwise, almost a week post-surgery, I'm feeling pretty great, down 25 # since I started the original liquid diet & moving ahead. The doctors, nurses, and my friends have been great and very supportive! Wish you the best & keep us posted! If I missed anything or if you have other questions, I'll be glad to answer what I Can! Deb. :)

I'm from nj too deb

Where? :) Who's your surgeon? I'm in Monmouth County, about 3 blocks from the beach, not too far from Belmar.

That's awesome!! I need to get liquid pain relievers and gas Medicine. I'm staying at my parents which is good so anything I need someone will be able to go out and get it so I am fortunate there. I have gas in my chest to begin with so I am nervous about having extra air pumped into me!! I am so anxious to see how I am and how everyone else on this forum is by the holidays!! I know we will all have such great stories and outcomes to share

That's awesome!! I need to get liquid pain relievers and gas Medicine. I'm staying at my parents which is good so anything I need someone will be able to go out and get it so I am fortunate there. I have gas in my chest to begin with so I am nervous about having extra air pumped into me!! I am so anxious to see how I am and how everyone else on this forum is by the holidays!! I know we will all have such great stories and outcomes to share

Anyone wanna make mid-year resolutions for what we aspire for by New Year's?

I'm in ocean county and have dr fresco as my surgeon. I am from manahawkin area which is the mainland of long beach island. I know a few people that went to her and the surgeons at their bariatric group. All have been successful!

Yes def Avila great idea!! I would like to be 155 by Christmas if not less!! I do t think that's too much to go down... It's about 50 lbs

Anyone wanna make mid-year resolutions for what we aspire for by New Year's?

I'd like to be down by, at least, 30 lbs. by the new year. That's, roughly, 5 lbs. a month. I think that's doable. What do y'all think?

I'm a displaced Texan living in the middle of nowhere Indiana. Ahhh.. The things we do for love! LOL

Yes, I was banded on July 1 doing good

I just wanted all of you other July bandsters to know that I have started a completely closed' date=' and private group on Facebook for our "class". No one can search it unless they are a member. None of its content or members show on anyone's newsfeeds, except for members.. and, you can only become a member by personal invite by me.

message me your email address if you would like to be invited. I think it will be helpful and fun. :rolleyes:[/quote']

Swarren226@gmail.com