Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Date set: July 11th - any other July banders?

I had my post-op appt today and I have lost 10 pounds since my surgery 6 days ago! That puts me at a total loss of 30 pounds!!!

Congrats on your journey how exciting to accomplish such an amazing goal good luck on continuing a healthier you

Those of you who are recently banded: was your surgery in patient or out patient??

Those of you who are recently banded: was your surgery in patient or out patient??

I got my band yesterday and mine is inpatient overnight. I'm ready to go home and rest. Best of luck to anyone getting their band today!

In a little more than twelve hours my surgery to begin my banding will be underway! I'm scheduled for 11:30am EST' date=' reporting to the hospital at 9:30am. I am SOOOO EXCITEDDD! Spending the evening taking my "before" photos, making sure everything is packed, and then it'll be time to try and sleep and get up to start driving at 7am for our commute to the hospital. Can't wait to report further!

Keep it up,

Maggie[/quote']

Best wishes!

I was banded on June 27th and it was inpatient.

Thanks for your responses. I was concerned because my doctor said my surgery will be out patient and I go home the same day.

As for my pre op diet it's going ok. I still keep managing to go a few calories over my diet but I'm down 5 pounds. I've gone from soda to izze's and now diet soda. I don't know how I'm going manage to give up carbonation all together after surgery!

Funny I'm getting anxious & scared but happy about the longterm effects.

I got my band yesterday and mine is inpatient overnight. I'm ready to go home and rest. Best of luck to anyone getting their band today!

How do you feel Vickie?? I've been reading the post op forums and I getting scared and wondering if I've made the right decision.

Just got my band this morning and they plan on sending me home around three

Downy soft how do you feel? It's amazing how you were under today, got banded, and ready updating us! Good for you! Any advice?

Ive just been released from the hospital and going home. I have about an hour ride home with my husband. I had an esophageal this morning, was worried they'd hand me a big cup of barium to drink (had it before) no worries mate 1 oz cup of clear liquid no bad taste at all, x-ray a standing up, done and back to my room. Saw my doctor after that, covered all the do's and don'ts, had a little broth and a little tea, IV out, dressed and headed home. Now on to the next phase of my tourney. I'm supposed to walk for twenty minutes after eating three times a day. I believe in my doctor who has been placing lap bands now for seven or eight years and is a general surgeon, great bedside manner, very thorough, great staff and a very well laid plan of information to help me succeed. They gave group support meeting the first Thursday of each month that I have bee attending for the past several month and talking face to face with banded people, everyone I asked "would you do it again, and they all said yes in a heartbeat!!" I'm

My abdomen is sore which is to be expected after being cut in five places yesterday. I asked for pain meds every time I knew they were available, take the good stuff while its available, don't make it any harder than you have too. For me it's a commitment to myself to follow my instructions to the T so I can make it as easy on myself as possible and I know when I do I will succeed. I've lived by these words for years "nothing in life that's worthwhile comes easy". It will take work, learning and planning, but I want a healthier body and I know now I'm well on my way, band and all, one day at a time!

Hi Downysoft, I am glad you are ok. I wish you an uneventful recovery!

I was cut in five places as well. No nausea. Lots of pain at the port side. Lortab and ice has helped. Forcing myself to move around

I haven't had a chance to check in for a few days, as I have been focusing on healing...... :) I have been home from my banding since @ 2:15 on Monday afternoon. I also had 5 small incisions, but wasn't too terribly surprised by that. I had my gallbladder removed with a large, full incision in 1983, so I was just grateful that they were able to perform the LapBand laproscopically. I came home from the hospital with an annoying Migraine, which I suspect was a reaction to the anesthesia, so I slept a lot on Monday. Monday and Tuesday, my biggest problems were nausea, followed by a low-grade fever. I was able to keep Water down with no nausea, but clear liquid Protein Drinks & anything else (aka, jello) brought nausea waves. I kept it down, but just tremendously annoying nausea. I called my doctor today to check on both and he said fever was low enough and, therefore, normal and since water not making me nauseous, he was not concerned. He advised me to take very small, slow sips of Protein drinks. I mentioned not wanting to "bother him" over the holiday and was politely chastised and told that there was a doctor on call for me 24 / 7 so if I needed to call, that I should feel very comfortable calling! :) That was nice to hear! As the day progressed today, I was much better able to handle the protein drinks with the small, slow sips like he said! Water is still going down fine and my stiffness / soreness / pain level is easing substantially! Family and friends have been stopping by and calling / texting to check in on me. I am really glad that I have been so open with my family and friends about my LB surgery, as it has made it so easy for me to have a positive support system. I hope all of the folks who I have not had a chance to check in with who had surgery around the same time as mine are doing well!!!!! Also wishing others who have surgery coming up the best!!!! I continue to be filled with gratitude!