Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A New Day

Sign in to follow this  

Good Afternoon All...

Diane, you are correct, Jack and I have pretty much forgotten about alarm clocks...but every so often you have to get up earlier for appointments...this morning it was 70 degrees in the house, and we did not want to get up. So I believe we finally got the day going about 9:30.

Thank you for your thoughtful words about Seth and my family. It is difficult knowing he goes "out to the remote areas in the field" by helicopter. I know he risks his life to do this, and this war is an effort which I do not feel we belong in. I continue to pray for his safe and unharmed return.

He is now preparing his application for a second residency for hematology/oncology pharmacy. His focus on his future and the career path he prefers is amazing, and we are encouraged that if approved he will be able to leave Germany ahead of schedule.

I still have to take only one day at a time...

Dee, I think it is amazing that you have figured out how to use your phone as your alarm...can you teach me?

You should have seen Jack and me last evening, on the phone with our eldest son (IT manager) as he talked and walked us through how to burn a copy of my class reunion DVD for a classmate of mine. It was like Computers 101 for Dummies.

Well, we all have our strong points, and technology and algebra are not mine!

Dawn, what a sweet sentiment from Brad...and how thoughtful for the gift of those earrings with so many meanings attached to them. He is definitely a keeper for certain! Glad you returned home safely.

No worries regarding memory issues. I have them also...and they provide great material for the rest of my family to make fun of me. Ok, so memory, along with technology and algebra are not my strong points...but they never held me back!

Janet...how are you feeling today? How many times a week are you having physical therapy? I know it is not a fun time, but you should be able to derive great satisfaction out of the progress you continue to experience as you regain your pain free mobility.

St. Armand's is near Sarasota? If I recall, we took out boat over there years ago...I have no clue as to the geography of that part of the Gulf Coast. Please let me know what you think.

Terri, how was your time on the links? Did you break 70?

We lived on a golf course for 8 years...and neither Jack or I have ever had an interest in the game, but the golfers certainly were entertaining to watch and listen to. We only had a golf ball come through a window 1 time...the shattered glass was everywhere, and several years after it happened we were still finding pieces of it in our bedroom.

You must have had beautiful weather today...we certainly did.

How is your recent fill working out? I hope it gets you back to where you want to be.

Michelle, in my thoughts as you hit the books again for your boards. You will do fine! Please keep us updated on your progress with the exam and your new physical training challenge.

Nicole, as others have already said, sorry to read about your family issues, but you have done well with keeping a focus on what you need to do for you. And you are doing well...keep up the great progress!

I'm fighting a migraine...and Jack is finishing off the sheet rock on the closet upstairs...the hammer is resonating within my head. But I say nothing, because progress is a good thing.

The stone fabricator called earlier today...he said he didn't make a hard template of the island as he did not believe he needed to. And now he sees that he should have. So, long story short, we get only half of our countertops tomorrow...the island and raised bar will not be installed until Monday. Never again will I do this. Nothing but issues with the "professionals" in this area...and in Florida it was comparatively so simple and no problems...I guess my head is making me irritable...

I hope everyone has had a great day...and now I'm going to hibernate in bed in the hope my Headache will subside...

FB has been fun!

Hello all. I did not break 70... never have except for 9 holes, LOL! I did shoot 93 which is pretty reasonable for me no more than I play. The best news is I had real meat for late lunch...Chicken and it went down and is doing fine. I really am having to relearn how to eat again. I did not realize how much I had slipped from small bites and chewing. This fill is really helping me slow down and think!

Janet, Ange looks so cute and so happy! I can't wait to see Emi in her arms... and yours!

Carole, I feel you pain on the counter tops. We had an excellent contractor here when we did our kitchen a few years ago, but I would still not want to ever go through it again. Likewise with our master bath redo! Happy with is now, but it was painful.

Doreen, I hope you get a good report from your doctor, let us know what he says. Hugs and prayers.

Dawn, All I can say is AWWW, Brad is a definite keeper. The earrings sound really special... pictures?

Michele, study hard and lets put this chapter of your life behind you. So happy you are overweight! LOL. I hope with this fill I can get to normal. Just a few pounds to go.

Diane, I have to go out to buy real oats, but will try the oatmeal soon. Sounds yummy. May I PLEASE have fruit other than blueberries? I don';t do blueberries. Pecans yes, I am a southerner after all! Hope your tummy starts cooperating again soon!

Nicole... welcome back!

Later!

Btw, I am a FOND lover of Di's oatmeal recipe as well w/ the egg whites! I add sliced bananas or fresh blueberries. Sometimes when I am cooking the oatmeal, I add diced apples and cook it w/ the oatmeal. Brad eats this a lot now and my daughter makes it at college. YAY protein-rich eggwhite oatmeal! :) It is yummy, band-friendly,and very filling. :)

Hello girls...

I have been goin all day here...My dr apt went great...he said my band looked fine...and he gave me a fill but wouldn't tell me how much he put in....but as he was filling he asked the nurse what did you have in there and she said 10.....and he said well I just pulled one more cc out...and when he was done and I was sitting up I seen the syrange and I told he looks like you put 8 in....and he had a smirk...so I think im right !

He said im going to gain a lil weight back and he wants me to o...I told him nope not gonna happen I will just work harder...LOL He doesn't need to see me for 3 months..

Isaiah had a football game tonight and they WON !!! I got to work in the concession stand so I stayed warm....CJs nurse woke me last night to tell me CJ got ill and she cryed and his bellie bloated so she stopped his feeding...He stayed home today,Kaleb layed in his bed this morning and said he was taking CJ to school today..they both loved it...

OOO I was trying to push CJ up in his crib tonight and didn't know my own streanth...I cracked his head against the head board....he cryed...and I cryed...but he forgives me and is smiling again !!!

Dawn....your Brad sounds so sweet...what a wonderful gift with such meaning behind it..

I also have the memory loss thing because I read all your post girls and wanted to comment on each of yours and now I cant remember what...

love ya all !!!!

Dawn....your Brad sounds so sweet...what a wonderful gift with such meaning behind it..

I also have the memory loss thing because I read all your post girls and wanted to comment on each of yours and now I cant remember what...

love ya all !!!!

I'm claiming drugs when it comes to memory. lol

Can't be me......

Mini skinny mi, good luck with your studies. I have no doubt you will do fine. We'll be calling you Mini Skinny Mi, CPA.

So tired laying on my back, it hurts. Laying on my side really makes my knee's throb. What am I to do???? I call for drugs and alcohol. I guess I won't make the news like Anna Nicole, guess I'll behave.

Hello all. I did not break 70... never have except for 9 holes' date=' LOL! I did shoot 93 which is pretty reasonable for me no more than I play. The best news is I had real meat for late lunch...Chicken and it went down and is doing fine. I really am having to relearn how to eat again. I did not realize how much I had slipped from small bites and chewing. This fill is really helping me slow down and think!

Janet, Ange looks so cute and so happy! I can't wait to see Emi in her arms... and yours!

Carole, I feel you pain on the counter tops. We had an excellent contractor here when we did our kitchen a few years ago, but I would still not want to ever go through it again. Likewise with our master bath redo! Happy with is now, but it was painful.

Doreen, I hope you get a good report from your doctor, let us know what he says. Hugs and prayers.

Dawn, All I can say is AWWW, Brad is a definite keeper. The earrings sound really special... pictures?

Michele, study hard and lets put this chapter of your life behind you. So happy you are overweight! LOL. I hope with this fill I can get to normal. Just a few pounds to go.

Diane, I have to go out to buy real oats, but will try the oatmeal soon. Sounds yummy. May I PLEASE have fruit other than blueberries? I don';t do blueberries. Pecans yes, I am a southerner after all! Hope your tummy starts cooperating again soon!

Nicole... welcome back!

Later![/quote']

Never thought I'd laugh at someone calling me that! Ha!

Hi all...

Just a quick question... Have any of you ever had over 11,000 steps in for a day, and the Fitbit says you have burned only 1330 calories burned?

No way to lose much weight with those numbers...

Just curious...

What a disjointed day, had to go shopping this afternoon to get out of the house during the install of the marble. I have a bad reaction to fumes from resin...

I did get my exercise in though, but had to go alone. Jack was just getting to eat dinner when I got back around 9.

We have to do it all over again on Monday. So, all of the kitchen boxes will wait for a few more days.

Off to bed...love, hugs and glitter to all!