Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A New Day

Sign in to follow this  

Terri, Glad the a/cis working. Hope the weather stays nice and you have a wonderful time.

Carole, So sorry to hear you are having knee problems, hopefully its a passing thing. Drs always told me "no climbing, ladders or inclines". Too much stress on the joints. Take care my friend, I feel for you.

Dee, How exciting about CJ. Today cotton candy, tomorrow a t bone steak. Shut the front door!!!!

Mini, Thats cute that your son has to pretend to be mean and scary.lol

Thanks for the oil tips. I was thinking lavender, also thought about putting lavender all over my bedroom. My new sleeping schedule is, sleep a hour, read a hour, sleep a hour, read etc.....

Proud you're sticking with your 90 days. I love how you make a plan and stick with it until you accomplish it.

Dawn, How you doin? Worried that the full house over the weekend has left you with an empty house let down. Thinking of you!!!

Di, Your cheesecake picture almost had me licking my tablet.Key lime is one of my all time faves.

I made a great dinner tonight, hot roast beef sandwich withmash potatoes covered in gravy. Evidently I was not even suppose to eat even a small portion. While adding the sliced beef to the gravy, I decided to munch on a piece, big mistake. It hurt!!!! That was the end of my dinner.< /p>

I was having a hard time (knee pain) all weekend and thought I must have torn something, but PT assured me that there is nothing I could do to damage my knee. I can hurt it, by over doing but not damage it. As she was forcing a tight bend (ouchy), she said it was really swollen. I'm not to walk as much as I have, just 10min intervals. Thats not what PT at hospital said....

Terri, my other knee is scheduled on 9/11, one week from tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing well!

haha, I was trying to quickly read through all the posts I missed this weekend and thought Terri's last post said she was going to focus on boating and belching!

Hi, Ladies,

Glad everyone is doing well!!!

Michelle, you are so rocking this 90 days and so close to goal!!! That is awesome. Great pics of your son too. Do you feel a difference in your relationships (other than their age) with your son and your daughter? I often wondered what it would be like to have a son. I love my girls to pieces, no doubt... just seems like boys are very close to their mothers a lot of the time. ;-)

Momma, take care of those cute LITTLE knees!!! I can only imagine how difficult and scary it must be for Ange. I will be so happy when Emilia is in her arms as well. I am excited that next week will be another great chapter for you and your recovery with sexy, new knee #2! You will be rocking those knees by the time Emilia is here! :) Since Ange is (understandably) opposed to a baby shower before she is born, perhaps she will allow one after she is born? It would be a PERFECT reason to Celebrate. :) I hope your stuck moment passes soon. I think every once in a while we get those reminders that the band is still there.

Terri, so glad you are taking some "vacation" time. :) If you want to boat and belch or boat and beach, knock yourself out! :D How long have you been banded now? Have you found it gets easier to maintain? How are you doing?

Dee, you are such a doll, btw!! :D I am so excited and I owe you! I am glad to hear Kaleb will be paying to repair his dad's truck. I agree, it will go a long way to building character and responsibility. How did CJ like "eating" for the first time? By the way, it was so funny when you called I was out and couldn't answer my phone at the time. I couldn't figure out what it was because one day I was bored and set all kinds of ringtones for people. I had yours set to a person saying "shut the front door". I kept hearing "shut the front door" from my purse and didn't know what it was, lol.

Carole, I can't wait to see all the fall pictures from you! You live in a outdoor wonderland. I am so happy things are going well with you and Jack and it seems your family appreciates you even more when you visit now. :) How's Brent doing (hope I got his name right)? How's the kitchen coming along? How's your band doing? (sorry for my interrogation)

Diane, hi sweetie. I appreciate your long note you posted recently. I can only imagine all that is on your plate these days and yet still such a sweetheart and compassionate. :) Have you moved as well? How are you doing these days? I miss seeing you as much but understand and I appreciate when you can get online. :) And thanks, I am craving cheesecake now, lol.

Symba found his "forever home" this weekend. I help out with "SIRA", Shiba Inu Rescue Association. He was a sweetheart, when not around other dogs. The first few days I was unsure. He was a 5 year old dog that a family surrendered. I drove an hour to meet up with a couple that drove here from St. Louis (6 hours). We had someone locally do their home visit and then I exchanged emails quite a bit before they decided to come up. I really think it's a great fit and excited for Symba and the new family. :) I had a nice weekend w/ Brad and the kids all here. Tonight, I actually am enjoying a night of relaxation and chillin' with my ladies (and my doggies). :D

lol, apparently I was "emoticon" happy in my post. It wouldn't let me post until I removed some of them. I never had that msg before. :) :) :) :)

Just flying by...

I shortened my exercise by half this evening...and I feel like I'm cheating on my diet. My right knee is swollen, thank you again drunk driver.

The upside is that my prescription of a topical anti-inflammatory medication is making a huge difference. Last night I could not bend my knee enough to get into the shower, today I was able to walk almost normally, allowing me to walk nearly 2 miles this evening. Onward...

Janet, I hope you are back to normal...and very sorry to hear about your swelling. With PT, it seems that everyone has their own opinion. I would follow whatever your doctor advises. Are you ready for knee #2?

Dee, loved seeing the video clip of CJ and his first eating experience. I don't think it would be possible to smile more than he did! How is life treating you these days? I hope all is stable and well...

Terri, enjoy your down time. I always like to have options with me to stave off boredom. books to read, a project I enjoy...I get bored easily...

Dawn, how are you liking your "me" time? Any word about remote working arrangements yet? My band is fickle as h#%!?...I never know when it will clamp,down or when it will allow me to drink Water. Stress level in life has evened out, but the band has not.

Were you asking about my son in Kandahar (Seth the pharmacist) or my son the endodontist in Madeira Beach? Seth did check in with us over the weekend via Face time. He looks good, and appreciative of all the care packages he receives from his wife and mother. He especially enjoys all of the different options to flavor Water, and the packages of Cheerios. He is now a full 2 months in to his deployment...please keep prayers coming that the rest of the time will be as uneventful.

Brent was on a cruise to Mexico for the past 5 days...I did not realize he had left town again. It's difficult to keep up with him...he does so much which creates additional anxiety for me. The weekend before Labor Day he flew down to Key West with his former flight instructor (private plane=high anxiety for me) to spend the weekend scuba diving. The weekend before, he traveled to New York because a friend was leaving the country for a year of study. He will finally get around to visiting the parents the first weekend of October. The rest of that month, he already has trips planned. It must be youth, but it makes me tired to even think about his schedule.

We are enjoying the change of seasons here...there is more color every day! I am where I have dreamed of being since we left Seattle in 1984.

I hope all is well with Michelle and Diane...the key lime cheese cake looked divine, BTW...

Enough already...EXCEPT that our daughter in law, Jodi passed her board exams today!!!! She was so happy...and we were happy for her and Jay. She is looking forward to her new position, and I am thrilled that she will no longer be working the 12 hour shifts at the hospital. Though she will be hospital based for the medical group, she will have regular office hours. Yay!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday...

Hi' date=' Ladies,

Glad everyone is doing well!!!

Michelle, you are so rocking this 90 days and so close to goal!!! That is awesome. Great pics of your son too. Do you feel a difference in your relationships (other than their age) with your son and your daughter? I often wondered what it would be like to have a son. I love my girls to pieces, no doubt... just seems like boys are very close to their mothers a lot of the time. ;-)

Momma, take care of those cute LITTLE knees!!! I can only imagine how difficult and scary it must be for Ange. I will be so happy when Emilia is in her arms as well. I am excited that next week will be another great chapter for you and your recovery with sexy, new knee #2! You will be rocking those knees by the time Emilia is here! :) Since Ange is (understandably) opposed to a baby shower before she is born, perhaps she will allow one after she is born? It would be a PERFECT reason to Celebrate. :) I hope your stuck moment passes soon. I think every once in a while we get those reminders that the band is still there.

Terri, so glad you are taking some "vacation" time. :) If you want to boat and belch or boat and beach, knock yourself out! :D How long have you been banded now? Have you found it gets easier to maintain? How are you doing?

Dee, you are such a doll, btw!! :D I am so excited and I owe you! I am glad to hear Kaleb will be paying to repair his dad's truck. I agree, it will go a long way to building character and responsibility. How did CJ like "eating" for the first time? By the way, it was so funny when you called I was out and couldn't answer my phone at the time. I couldn't figure out what it was because one day I was bored and set all kinds of ringtones for people. I had yours set to a person saying "shut the front door". I kept hearing "shut the front door" from my purse and didn't know what it was, lol.

Carole, I can't wait to see all the fall pictures from you! You live in a outdoor wonderland. I am so happy things are going well with you and Jack and it seems your family appreciates you even more when you visit now. :) How's Brent doing (hope I got his name right)? How's the kitchen coming along? How's your band doing? (sorry for my interrogation)

Diane, hi sweetie. I appreciate your long note you posted recently. I can only imagine all that is on your plate these days and yet still such a sweetheart and compassionate. :) Have you moved as well? How are you doing these days? I miss seeing you as much but understand and I appreciate when you can get online. :) And thanks, I am craving cheesecake now, lol.

Symba found his "forever home" this weekend. I help out with "SIRA", Shiba Inu Rescue Association. He was a sweetheart, when not around other dogs. The first few days I was unsure. He was a 5 year old dog that a family surrendered. I drove an hour to meet up with a couple that drove here from St. Louis (6 hours). We had someone locally do their home visit and then I exchanged emails quite a bit before they decided to come up. I really think it's a great fit and excited for Symba and the new family. :) I had a nice weekend w/ Brad and the kids all here. Tonight, I actually am enjoying a night of relaxation and chillin' with my ladies (and my doggies). :D

[/quote']

Hello! Nice thing about dogs is they adapt quickly to their new surroundings and they live in the present so your Symba will adapt quickly and be happy!

My relationship with my boys is very special to me. We are really close. My daughter and I are close too but in just a different way. I am more an anchor for the boys than I am for my daughter. She's always been independent and is a very smart industrious girl so she does her own thing and I just support and love ever thing she does. My boys confide in me more...we are just more friends than my daughter and I are.

I guess for me I understand girls more because I am one whereas the boys are foreign and I am in awe of them turning into men. The period where they break away from their mothers (12-16) is terrible because they are so stinking rude but once they are past that they are delightful. Ryan is just going through the pig headed stage. I am Tyler's best friend though so its nice to have the long conversations about life etc.

I always tell tyler when he tells me he loves me " sure you do, until you marry some tramp. Then you'll hate me!" ( half joking of course)

Hope that makes sense.

Good Morning Ladies !!!! Charlie started back to work last night and wow did I miss him in bed.....just that warm body next to me...We had such a good last day together yesterday...( He finally got his disability check )..He went and got me a new computer !!! It has a much bigger screen and key board....I can finally see things.....though its windows 8 and hard getting use to it....I had CJs nurse play with it some last night and its working better....As for CJ eating...OMG I love it....maybe more then he does....because he really doesn't like the textures on his tongue yet....but he is loving all the attention that comes with the spoon !!!... Terri your boating...good for you but it makes me cold just thinking about being on the water....and your happy to have A/C working...brrrrr lady !....Janet im sorry your having some pain with your knee but also sure a few moths from now you will be a whole new person....and I to feel for your daughter Ange so worried and with reasons Im sure...My sister had lost a baby befor her son was born...and I so remember the happy times of her next pregnancy were always clouded by he being to scared to enjoy the pregnancy....Carole..you always find time to post us and with so much going on in your life....your children all sound so educated....gosh Im just trying to get mine through HS...lol.....Dawn..have you heard more from the forever family...that adopted Simba.....and I know every time I have a foster child as much as you love them its nice to have your home back to yourself....and Im going to get to the post office and to my GED class today !!! Michele...wow now that I can see my computer better I see how skinny you are looking....awesome...your beautiful....well we all are...but you know what I mean.....congrats...and I do think the closer you get to goal and maintaining is very hard....Sorry you had a stuck Janet....life with the band...got ta love it !....Diane hope you are holding strong and getting a lil ME time in....and I feel your pain about where did summer go !!!!

Still summer at the beach Doreen, so not freezing on the water!

Dawn... you must be a seer who looks into the future... Today I woke up "belching" and have been ever since. Getting better and I move around. Hubby still in be snoring!

Janet... take it easy on the new knee. I know you want to move things along, but you need one leg healthy by next week!

Michele, so nice to read about your relationship with the boys! How is Tyler doing these days?

Carole, between reading and posting here and chatting with friends I can stay busy at the boat. Today is grocery day! We need a new picture of the leaves!

Diane... shame on you for posting all the luscious cheesecake photos! I am sure they are all sugar free... Right???

Nice to see everyone on this morning. Have a great day all!

OOO Im so enjoying my computer again....Kaleb is doing his cyber school 10 feet from me laughing at how big I have everything on my screen...I just typed really big so he could see it....YOU WILL BE OLD ONE DAY TOO...lol and I so agree with Michele..boys and moms have a special bond....girls are more Daddies girls....Last night Kaleb and I got into a towel snapping battle..( CJ couldn't breath he was laughing so hard)....and yea...Kaleb won !

Oh how nice to hear from almost everyone.

Dee, so happy about your new computer, enjoy my friend.

I can just picture cj laughing so hard. Paula gets into trouble almost every night b/c she makes Maddy laugh until she barf's. lol

Its smilers like CJ & Maddy to remind me why I have nothing to complain about.

Carole, Seth is still covered.

Glad the knee is improving.

How's the kitchen coming along?

Terri, Enjoying the 3 B's, belching, boating and the beach.

I just keep thinking of you going overboard last year, at least if you decide to again the Water is warmer.

Dawn, glad you are enjoying the peace and quiet, now I don't have to worry about that. Are your fogs happy Symba (?) is out of the house? Hows things going with Audrey?

Minimi, you go girl! Soon as my knee's heal I hope you set me up with a challenge. You were always setting challenges on the open forum.

I had an early PT today, off tomorrow and pt after pre op at hospital on Friday. Decided today on complete bed rest, heating pad on my sciatic plus a tennis ball pushing the nerve in my arse.

After initial ball pushing, it actually does feel really good.

Note to self, next time you're going to stay in bed, do not drink 36 oz of Fluid before hand.

I must say, I can't wait for total healing and being able to do the Charleston at Dawn's wedding.

Love you all!

Good Afternoon all...

Life is good with the group...and I am happy! The Fall is unfolding all around us. And I am so happy to be here to see it! More leaf pictures on FB. I may go a bit overboard on leaves, but I can't help it...seasons mean to much to me!

Dee, so happy you have a new computer to use, and keep in touch with us all! Too funny your note to Kaleb. He will understand larger print in a few years!

Michelle, good to read that you are enjoying life with your sons. It is true that their priorities shift when the get married, but some sons do keep their parents close in heart as our Jay does. And some sone, not so much, as evidenced by Seth. But we love them all the same.

Janet...good to read that you are taking care of you today...and it is essential that you have a good leg to help you through the next surgery. You are covered in prayer as well...

Terri, glad that the coastal life is going well...I hope your weather is as glorious as ours. More leaf pictures found their way to FB. I am where I have yearned to be all of my life.

Dawn, your novels are wonderful to read...and so funny that you had to edit some emoticons out of your post. Any date for your move? We all will be happy for you when you leave the 'hood...

Diane...I hope you are carving some "me" time out of your schedule...are you adding on to your house, or did you decide to move? Either way, I hope you are coping better than I am. Week 2 without a functioning kitchen, and I am getting restless and my patience grows thin!

Break time over...back to making some semblance of order in my office.

I love and am thankful for each of you...

Good Morning Girlies....Its a beautiful warm breezy Thursday morning here...Jakie had a football game last night and he did good but they lost....and poor Isaiah had a game the night before got his finger crushed between 2 helmets...and stood on the field crying....yelling to me...did you see how big that boy is mom...Awwwww my baby had to be bribed with candy to get back on the field after...lol ..... Chalie did do great his first day back at work....Hope your all doing wonderful.....

Good Morning...

Dee, WTG with signing up for your 5K! I am so proud and happy for you! Please let us know when it is, how you do, and of course, we want to see some pictures!

Janet, in my thoughts and prayers as your second surgery approaches! How is you leg feeling today?

Just a quick hi-bye this morning...off to a very late start of the day. I did not have a good night last night, and am still trying to figure out what I did that was different. I pray that there are no additional medical band associated conditions to manage...

On a better note, I have been using my topical anti-inflammatory medication on my knee, and it is a wonder drug. My bariatric surgeon has approved it as safe for me to use. It makes all the difference between not even being able to bend my knee to get into the shower and being able to go back to my full hour of cardio yesterday pain free. I am so thankful for this...as the only way the scale is going to move in the right direction now is with continued exercise.

Terri, I heard from a friend in Winston-Salem who told me it is still very much like summer there. I guess the coast must also be warm but not hot. We also have air conditioning on our boat, and it makes all the difference between comfort and sweltering.

More clothing to go through upstairs to weed out the items that are too large. It's a good feeling... :).

I hope everyone has a great Thursday!

Carole just read your post and I must say my heart goes out to you and Janet...having such pain must be so hard...and Gawd yours all from a drunk driver !!!! Thank you for your comment on the 5k.....walking and now running/jogging a 5K will feel so good.....little things we take for granted...God Love you.....Terri Im picturing you laying out in a lounge chair soaking up all that vit D......enjoy hun you sure deserve it....

Dee, I so understand what you mean about things many take for granted...and we don't realize this until we experience a life altering event.

I told Jack this week that when I walk, it makes me feel so much younger and happy to be moving again. Two years ago I had serious doubts about ever being able to walk for miles again.

My lengthy recovery taught me that we should never take anyone or anything for granted...and I am thanking God for every time I am out enjoying walking again!

Small things mean so much...stay well, and keep us posted on your 5K!