Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A New Day

Sign in to follow this  

Wow! I don't even know what that's like! Crazy!

Janet is telling it like it really is...a Florida downpour can flood an area in minutes.

Come to think of it, it still have my extra pair of flip-flops in my car that I always carried around for just such occasions...they were used often during the rainy season.

Terri, thank you so much for the quilt pattern information. That quilt is exquisite!

Well, there were no good film in Boone, so after dinner in Blowing Rock at our favorite pub there (Six Pence), we came home and went to exercise. I got another hour of cardio in...

I will be taking a picture of the scene in my current cover picture on FB every week now. The colors are really becoming more noticeable every day.

Yes, a happy and safe Labor Day holiday to all!

what' date=' having gray hair to hide or wading threw Water? lol

I'm going with Water. You're to young and hot for gray hair.[/quote']

Omg cmom! My hair is SOOOOO white it shocks me. Temples went first, now the top of my hair too. TG I have a good hair stylist!

I was referring to the crazy weather tho!

Wait! Now that I think about it, 2 years ago we took a cruise out of Florida and when we arrived at the airport it was crazy flooding like that. Our hotel was lights out so we walked two miles to a Denny's ( we could see the lights in the distance)

It was crazy!

Finally able to get on here. Last night I could do FB, but no LBTalk or Pinterest, wth!

Ange and I went shopping at Target and BooksAMillion today. Last day to wear my white capris, lol.

I found out today that Ange can not do BabysRus. She has been one time and had a melt down. She bought quite a lot of things there for Juliette and finds the memories still painful. I can't wait until Emilia is in her arms and helping with that pain.

Carole,I think its so great that you and Jack are committed to working out. Did Jack workout before his retirement, or is this something new?

Sorry about the greek yogurt on your screen, but I so enjoy making someone laugh. I really believe thats my lifes work.

How was the kite festival, you entering next year?

Minimi, I just saw a Pin on Pinterest that said to put a few drops of your favorite essential oil inside your toilet paper roll for a continued air freshener. Sounded like a good idea, but now have to figure out the best scent for a bathroom????

Also, how do you keep your yarn balls from unraveling in the dryer and what oil do you use? Inquiring minds.

Run any trails this weekend?

Dawn, Dee, Terri and Di, hope you're all having a great weekend.

I'm so pleased Symba got a forever home, Dawn.

Finally able to get on here. Last night I could do FB' date=' but no LBTalk or Pinterest, wth!

Ange and I went shopping at Target and BooksAMillion today. Last day to wear my white capris, lol.

I found out today that Ange can not do BabysRus. She has been one time and had a melt down. She bought quite a lot of things there for Juliette and finds the memories still painful. I can't wait until Emilia is in her arms and helping with that pain.

Carole,I think its so great that you and Jack are committed to working out. Did Jack workout before his retirement, or is this something new?

Sorry about the greek yogurt on your screen, but I so enjoy making someone laugh. I really believe thats my lifes work.

How was the kite festival, you entering next year?

Minimi, I just saw a Pin on Pinterest that said to put a few drops of your favorite essential oil inside your toilet paper roll for a continued air freshener. Sounded like a good idea, but now have to figure out the best scent for a bathroom????

Also, how do you keep your yarn balls from unraveling in the dryer and what oil do you use? Inquiring minds.

Run any trails this weekend?

Dawn, Dee, Terri and Di, hope you're all having a great weekend.

I'm so pleased Symba got a forever home, Dawn.

[/quote']

Hey there! Can't wait for Emilia to be here. No parent should ever have to go through what your Ange has gone through! Sh will probably be super protective of Em but at least she will have the bundle in her arms.

The best scents for the bathroom are lemon or a citrus blend because it uplifts and has a clean scent however, lavender is a calming scent that can help you relax when using the bathroom.

As far as the yarn balls, I used 100% wool. Stuffed in an old pantyhose and tie it up. I made them like you make linked sausages, ball in stocking, tie, add another ball, tie and so on. I then washed in the hottest Water then dried in the dryer. When It came out I cut the pantyhose off of the ball of yarn. It is fused together since it is wool so it will not unravel. I throw in 3-4 balls at a time in the dryer with the oil drops on them. For now I'm using lavender oils but I'll use any other kind my family votes in. Nice thing is that when I'm not using them I put them in a basket on top of the dryer and it keeps my washroom smelling pretty!

No trail run this weekend. I'm on day 7 of my 90 day transformation. So far so good!

Ryan played his first fb game. Won 54-0!

post-211098-13813135389798_thumb.jpg

post-206220-13813135390682_thumb.jpg

post-206220-13813135391039_thumb.jpg

post-206220-13813135391399_thumb.jpg

post-344125-13813142301532_thumb.jpg

post-344125-13813142302044_thumb.jpg

post-344125-13813142302833_thumb.jpg

post-344125-13813142303607_thumb.jpg

Loved the pictures and I concur with Terri on both counts.

Ryan looks tough and you look fabulous! Keep up the good work!

He is such a sweetie pie that he has to work on that look! Hehe!

Yay for September!

Carole, you could have kept the rain, we got about 2 inches last night! Oh well, it saved us adding Water to the pool.

Janet hope your knee continues to improve... what is date for knee 2?

Doreen... hope you and all the Pents are feeling better by now. Take it easy!

Dawn... how was the Brad weekend. I hope the whole family had fun! What your projected move date?

Michele, what is the 90 day challenge?

Diane... how did you make out on this long weekend? Hope things are good!

Love you all!

Leaving for the boat tomorrow for a week at the coast. Will have internet and check in on you guys!

Have a happy week!

Hello there! The 90 day challenge is for me to get off my butt and to my TRX class every day for the next 90 days. My year membership is up by then and I want to use it to the full. It really is my way of making myself publicly accountable to get working out. I have 20 lbs to go to my goal and I want to make it by 12-13 months.

They don't have classes on the weekend so I use that time to go to the gym and get in at least 20 minutes of some cardio.

So far so good...( day8)

Good Morning Ladies....

Thank you all for bing truefriends...just read through a lot of the post I have missed....and you al amaze me...Carole a hr a day cardio that's awesome !!!

Janet you are wonder woman for sure...you wil be dancing in the rain in no time ...Terri you are always buzy,,and such talent ...still wanna see a pic of a few crap book pages....Dawn...so happy your Simba found a good home...he was beautiful....and glad your girls are adjusting well...Michele you really push on with your studies..so proud of you ...im sure its hard work !!! Diane I as sorry to read your mom had another fall.. Praise God for your strength...

As for me I amhaving a way better start to this week...Im don't having y lil pity party...Charlie starts work today and Kaleb starts school today....he is sitting here in his boxers waiting for his class to come on line....All of you are right Kaleb will have to pay for the damage to his dads truck...he already has a part time job lined up...

OOO big news CJ ate cotton candy from a spoon for the very first ime in 12 yrs !!! I have a video of it but cant figure out how to load t here or on FB....I wil keep trying...

love ya all....

Good Morning all...

So good to read all of the updates...and all is well, for the most part.

Janet, it both sad and understandable how Ange feels about a baby registry. It will help immensely after the birth, and she is able to relax and know that the scary part is behind her. Keep us posted on her progress...October is already NEXT month!

No, Jack never used to come with me to exercise. I used to get over to the fitness center in our neighborhood 3-4 times a week, and he only went with me if I was going into one of the pools. But that was before all of his heart issues, and I know he is more aware of what he needs to do now to improve his health. A huge motivator!

I will have to scale back my exercise for a week or so, as my same knee is painful again. The topical anti inflammatory is helping a lot, but will have be conservative for a bit to be certain I don't have to go back to using a cane again! Last evening, I actually walked back to the house from Buckeye, just about a mile. But there is a lot of inclines, which my knee does not like. But it was fun...still learning my limits.

Terri, enjoy your time on the coast! We may have up to 4" of rain today, which I hope will stay in the mountains. Taking any projects with you to work on?

Dee, very glad that the family is healthy again...and excellent that Kaleb is going to pay to cover the vehicle repairs. This is an excellent life lesson of building responsibility that will serve him well in the years to come. And, how wonderful CJ was able to finally begin the baby steps to eating! Keep us apprised of his progress.

Diane, I hope you took a well deserved time out from your super schedule over the holiday weekend...you earned it!

Dawn, such sweet pictures of Symba and his forever family! What an amazing program that is, and you are an angel to participate! I also hope you enjoyed your weekend!

Michelle...looking good, and so nice to have sons participating in school activities. That was quite a victory they had in the game.

BTW, the kite festival had to be cancelled...:( . The weather did not cooperate, we had both rain and fog at the top of Beech. Very difficult to see kites through the fog...perhaps next year!

I hope you all have an excellent Tuesday...love and appreciate each one of you!

At the beach... weather here is good for now! Both new A/Cs work well so we are nice and cool on board the boat. This is a vacation for us, no projects... just reading boating and beaching! YAY!