Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow's the day, yet I'm so angry with myself!

I feel like I'm on a roller coaster right now. Very excited, yet nervous. Why am I doubting myself (not the procedure) all of the sudden? Why am I MAD at myself for having gotten to this point in my life where I needed to do this procedure in the first place? So many emotions today. On the other hand... I am really excited to start this and looking forward to a new me :)

Take a deep breath and remember why you started this journey. I totally understand the emotions though. Best wishes to you. :)

Thanks Steph... Guess I'll just take that deep breath, in-between my next glass of Water of course :)

This whole process is very emotional. That was the hardest part for me in the beginning. I just kept telling myself, "You can do hard things". I finally started to believe it.

You can do this! Best wishes on your journey!!

I walked past the bedroom floor mirror today and just busted out in tears??? I am normally a very tough person, but I really am so mad at me right now,

I placed a pair of size 10 jeans (my fav Harley ones) in the fridge 2 months ago with the size label facing me everytime I opened the door. I am looking forward to posting a pic of me in them. I've had them for 7 years and have never fit into them. My goal

It's normal to feel mad at yourself but don't let it consume you... I was mad and tired of dieting and regai ng so now you have decided to fix it... good for you... those size 10's will be ready when you are.. I had my surgery Jan 15 and I have lost 40 lbs .. at 5' and 198 lbs I couldn't wear clothes I liked at all.. I'm finally getting into clothes that are normal sizes.. I was headed to the 1x sizes... good luck tomorrow.

we are here for you.

Bless your heart. Sending you a great big (((hug))) right now. :) You got this.

You got this!! Hugs.. I didn't go through the mad at myself stage.. I accepted it and knew that I was not giving up easily just because I had the surgery and neither are you!!! Take those size 10's out of the freezer and hang them up so you can see them every day unfrozen!!

Best wishes to you. Don't be so hard on yourself, you have made the commitment to change, now get on with it! You will be so glad you did!

It's totally normal. I'm day 11 post-op and the first week right after and the few days before were spent just like you. Angry, disappointed, sad, weepy, doubtful. It's normal. It gets better, I promise.

Don't be so hard on yourself! It's a new beginning. You can do this! Good luck tomorrow!

Dusty - I went through the same exact thing. I had SO many emotions; excitement, fear, anger, sadness.... But pre-surgery excitement was the strongest one. This decision isn't a hop skip & a jump in the park. It's a huge life changing step, and will alter your relationship with food. food, our best friend, confidant, go-to place of comfort. It's pretty scary to alter that relationship, no matter HOW necessary it is to do so.

Sending you the best of luck on your procedure tomorrow. Please post back & let us know how you're doing. And we're always here for the gambit of post-op emotions that come up. At first, it can be a roller coaster ride, but then it becomes the new "normal". (whatever that is.....God, I hate that word) - LOL!

I want to Thank you all so much for all the support. I love this place :) Working off some nervous energy and keeping busy. I know I'm doing the right thing and I can't wait until tomorrow. I will keep you all posted.

@ Mrsinto... That is exactly how I feel about it... Ending the relationship with food. That really puts it in perspective.

I placed a pair of size 10 jeans (my fav Harley ones) in the fridge 2 months ago with the size label facing me everytime I opened the door. I am looking forward to posting a pic of me in them. I've had them for 7 years and have never fit into them. My goal

In the fridge?? humm.. Make sure to throw them in the dryer before you try them on!!!