Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey April 2013 Banders!!

How is everyone doing?

When were you banded?

Happy with your loss so far?

Any NSVs?

Have you noticed a difference since your first fill?

Hi! Yay for a poster in the April banders section! I'm doing really well. I had some really big issues with dry heaving at the start until we figured out my Vitamins and B12 were causing it. I've been taken totally off those as of 3.5 weeks and its stopped the problems. That did, however cause a 4 pound weight GAIN because I could suddenly actually eat again. (I was literally starving myself because of the dry heaving)

That being said...I've relost those 4 pounds and am down a total of 21 pounds so far with a goal to hit 25 by this next sunday...4 pounds this week? lol. I can try, right?

I was banded 4/24/13.

Two days ago I decided to try on a pair of capris that have always been too tight and hurt my belly if I wore them for any amount of time. They fit! No pain! No rubbing! No gut sucking to zip them up. That was a great NSV. Those capris have caused me so much grief over the years, though...I can't wait to get rid of them because they are too big! ;)

No fill yet...Scheduled for June 7th.

One more question for everyone! What's your goal weight loss?

Mine is a total of 135 pounds. Feels like a ridiculously huge number still to me. I take it 10 pounds at a time right now.

Hi, I had surgery on April 30, 2013. I started with Ideal Protein diet November 2012, I lost 60 pounds and just stopped losing weight so I opted for the lap band. I've lost another 20 pounds two weeks post op but have stopped losing weight. I'm at the blenderized diet stage. I track my food and exercize on the my fitness pal ap.

My question is, how long does it take for there not to be port pain? I'm just uncomfortable.

Jackie

I was banded April 24th. I got my first fill May 22nd. I was down 7 lbs at that time. I'm down another 13 lbs in 3 weeks. I'm worried that that's too much too fast though. My goal is to get to around 150 lbs. I've never weighed that as an adult. The smallest I've ever been as an adult was a size 10, but I looked very unhealthy. If I start looking like a bobble head, I'm going to have some Fluid taken out and go on maintenance. I've seen where people have had wls and lost weight too quickly or just lost you much and started resembling bobble heads. I don't want that. I just want to be healthy and not be in pain.

Hi all, I had my lap band done on April 25th and had my 1 st fill on June 6 th I was doing great ...until the fill but I seemed to have hit a wall...I basically watch everything I eat , I even try to weight most of all I eat .. I try high Protein low carbs, any suggestions? Thanks

Hi Ya'll. I was banded on April 17, 2013. My doctor required a two week pre-op high Protein diet to shrink the liver so I started my new life in early April. So far I have lost 45 pounds . I feel so much better and it's great to be able to cross my legs again ! I've had one small fill so far and am going back to see my surgeon again next week. I don't know if he'll do another small fill or wait until next month since everything is going so well for me right now. I've been able to eat everything I have tried so far with no difficulty at all and I kind of like it that way so I'm not sure if I really want another fill right now. We'll decide that together when I see him. It seemed to take forever for my port area to stop hurting but it has gotten better in the past couple of weeks and the shoulder pain has finally gone away too . I'm really happy that I got my lap band. Now, if only I could turn the clock forward to the time when I reach my goal...... :D

Good for you Leeann , great !!!!!

Keep going....yes as you said see what your Dr says. I too have had no problems as far the band goes....what kind of foods have you been eating now and how many times a day , curious if maybe I am off? lol

Good for you Leeann ' date=' great !!!!!

Keep going....yes as you said see what your Dr says. I too have had no problems as far the band goes....what kind of foods have you been eating now and how many times a day , curious if maybe I am off? lol[/quote']

Eileen, I usually have either a Protein shake with a banana in it or a Atkins or South Beach Protein Bar for Breakfast. lunch is either Tomato Soup or a small can of chicken with cucumber slices or a small piece of fruit. Supper is usually meat and vegetables. If I get hungry at night before bed I have either sugar free Jello or a cheese stick. That's about it.... I don't keep any junk food in the house anymore. It's benefited my dh too. He has lost 29 lbs since I had surgery !

Hi...ok I have a pretty good idea now of your diet compared to mine, I think I might have had a bit too much at lunch only because I have been hungry...I go back in 2 weeks and I am pretty sure will get 2 nd fill...nut anyway you keep up the great work too, isn't it a great feeling!!!!! I never thought I would start loosing weight again I had just about given up until I decided to do this...

I tried too many diets... and kept failing .....thanks for the info!!! Have a great day...

I have been really fortunate so far. My band has kept me from feeling hungry unless I go for real long periods of time without eating. I hope it stays that way ! I'm setting mini goals for myself as I go along. My first was to get under 200 pounds. Now I'm looking toward 187 because I remember when that was my weight...years ago ! Then I'm heading for 161, the amount I weighed on the dates that I gave birth to my daughters in 79 and 80. After that, getting under 150 will be a thrill. My final goal weight is somewhere between 110 - 115 which is a healthy weight for me at my height. At that point most of the clothes that I have saved for so many years will finally fit me again ! I never could bring myself to part with them and now am glad I didn't. I think the last time I could wear them was probably 1995 or 1996 ! I'm hoping that by this time next year that dream will come true. Our 20th wedding anniversary is May 6 and I'm hoping that on that date I can once again wear the dress I wore for our wedding.

I was banded on April 25, 2013. I have lost 52 lbs so far! It feels great to feel like I have control over food.< /p>

S! April 2013 banders, where are we now?

Hope you are happy with your band, and looking forward to hearing from you!

I am down 98 lbs and down from a size 26 to a size 14. I exercise 4 days a week and I feel great. Shopped in the misses section of a store for the first time in MANY year. Small things that make me happy!

Now, 9 1/2 months post op, I have lost 82 pounds. I'd love to lose another 44 pounds over time. My doctor says he'll be satisfied that I have gotten the maximum health benefit from my surgery after 26 more pounds but he'll work with me to help me reach my goal because it is reasonable and still a healthy weight. I've been getting kind of hungry lately so I think it's time for a small fill. I've had three so far. Non scale victories are awesome.........like being able to cross my legs again, shop in the "regular" instead of plus size department for clothes, wear a lot of old clothes that I had packed away as I outgrew them...and fit my legs into my boots !