Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What TMF said is not untrue. We don't have to be licensed medical professionals, to share what we've learned from our own doctors and self study. He WAS giving support, at the same time, making sure that the up and coming, or newly banded people understand the dangers of your food choices. Not just yours, but anyone making those choices shortly after being banded.

You have gotten a lot of support in the forum, and it would be a shame for you to leave because you didn't like what one person had to say. When you post in an open forum, what comes back isn't always going to be sunshine and lollipops. As pinknsassy above said, take what feels good, and leave the rest.

If we didn't have issues with food, none of us would have needed the band. Give your Doctors office a call and speak to one of the staff members. Be honest and tell them that you have stumbled. You will not have been the first and you def won't be the last. Never forget that they are there to help you.

You are in a hard place at the moment. The band is not going to work properly until you find the right amount of fill for you. Every time you go to eat something, think of that small pouch they have created for you. That kept me mindful of the rules.

Now dust yourself off and move forward. You have a wonderful tool that is going to help you get to your goal :)

You are on a support site, not a Mollycoddling site. Sometimes that support will be what you want to hear, sometimes it won't. You need to be tough enough to take the bad with the good. What TMF said is correct and it wasn't medical advice. He was outlining the possible consequences of your actions.

An example of medical advice would be Q" I have a severe pain in the chest what should I do" A " take 2 aspirin and go and lie down". Obviously that is wrong and the first thing any person should do if suffering with chest pain is call or go to emergency.

If the (unspecified number) of weeks after surgery were all about healing then why do some doctors say regular foods at 3 weeks and others say not for 4 or 6 weeks? Are you saying my surgeon, that said 3 weeks, doesn't know what he's talking about? I was clearly ready and healed for "real" food after 1 week liquid then 1 week mushy. I didn't cheat even a day early. Obviously every surgeon is different so in my case and many others it did not take more than 3 weeks for my stomach to be healed enough for most foods.

Hockey mom, you missed the point. The point is to follow your doctors orders. I used your experience as an example for newly banded patients who might think they too can get away with cheating maybe one or two weeks out of surgery.

No one here gives medical advice. We all speak from our own experiences and observations. I have read comments from other patients who did cheat the first week or two and had to have a revision. I'm simply warning others not to gamble with their future. I too could probably have eaten as you did at 2 1/2 weeks and believe me I wanted to. I imagine I could have gotten away with it too. But some others who are experiencing prolonged swelling issues may not be so lucky and I simply used the opportunity to caution others not to attempt it.

And I think I also pointed out that we all slip up here and there with overeating, and most of us get back up and start all over again. You will too.

tmf

I'm with Carolina Girl. That was a big, big stumble but it's history now. Stumbles like that are probably part of what made you obese enough to qualify for WLS. It's good that you recognized it as a stumble instead of saying, "So what?" Learn from this mistake and move on. You can do it!

It's so easy to fool yourself into thinking your completely healed when your not. From day one I've had no issues, no gas pain, no incision pain, no problems eating or drinking, bowel movements as required. And losing weight with no effort. I honestly felt like eating solid food wouldn't be an issue. And honestly it wasn't. That's what so scary, it's easy for any one us to stumble during any stage. I've read where some have caved a few days in. It's reality, we all get hungry at one point and cave into our temptations. And I, like everyone else here know the consequences to it. Ive researched this surgery to the high heavens. TMF Unless your a Dr., you shouldn't be giving medical advice. This is a SUPPORT group, when we stumble, we are suppose to be like carolinagirl and mis73, and give support not medical advice. I was warned of people on here giving their medical opinions when they don't have the background. I'm seeing it first hand and seriously questioning staying on this site.

dont leave....please stay....remember, its over now and its a new day...put a smile on that pretty face..shoulders back...chin up...high heels on and lets get on with getting ourselves well GF....i and others, we got your back.

I'm so worried about the damage I could have done I've decided to go back to full liquids for a couple of days, just to play it safe.

dont worry. i am sure you are fine.....

I prepared myself yesterday when I had 1/2 of a 1/2 a piece of my son's birthday cake. I knew it was happening, but decided in advance to have what I ate! I don't feel bad and today I will walk it off. Btw, I am 3 1/2 weeks out from surgery.

Thank you everyone for the support, on here as well as the many inbox messages. It's too bad we have to be afraid to express ourselves at a support group. Lesson learned. I know what I did wrong, my guilt over it speaks volumes, I was looking for people help me through my guilt not finger point at how badly I was doing. I already knew that!! If I didn't have issues with food and the emotions that tie to it, i wouldn't have gotten the surgery.