Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Todays ride: http://connect.garmi...ivity/324352107

Today:

Distance: 26.21mi

Time: 1:31:05

Avg Speed: 17.3 mph

Elevation Gain: 201 ft

Calories: 1,495 C

June: Count: 4 Activities Distance: 126.67 mi Time: 8:18:03 h:m:s Elevation Gain: 938 ft Avg Speed: 15.3 mph Avg HR: 142 bpm Avg Run Cadence: -- Avg Bike Cadence: 73 rpm Calories: 6,762 C

Ok it's on My baby brother gave me his 26 in mongoose xr250. Gave it to me after dark so only rode a block tonight, but tomorrow it is on like Donkey Kong Jack. When I lived in California I use to ride 20-30 miles a day. The bike is a smidge big for me but it will do. It is for mountain biking but at most I will take it on dirt paths. Definitely need to get taillight and headlight as I love to ride at night when it is safe to do so. Oh is it daylight yet?

Ok it's on My baby brother gave me his 26 in mongoose xr250. Gave it to me after dark so only rode a block tonight' date=' but tomorrow it is on like Donkey Kong Jack. When I lived in California I use to ride 20-30 miles a day. The bike is a smidge big for me but it will do. It is for mountain biking but at most I will take it on dirt paths. Definitely need to get taillight and headlight as I love to ride at night when it is safe to do so. Oh is it daylight yet?[/quote']

Oh yea....you go! Tomorrow morning, bright n early for me. I gotta burn off a couple of beers and a fried oreo from a carnival tonight. Ride on!

Ok I lied it is 12:1 I am not gonna sleep if I don't get to ride so rigging up a light going for a ride. I will wear light colors and stay on side roads. In this little town of 2500 nobody is out this late on a Sunday night.

Ok I am back safe and sound. Had to come back after half a block and put air in tires. What a difference a little air makes. It is safe to say I won't be riding no 20-30 miles for a bit. When I was riding before I built it up bus stop to bus stop, before I Knew it I was getting to work faster then I would have on the bus. Hope to be riding to Oliver reservoir and back (about 14 miles round trip) by end of summer.

Sunday starts our new week and new goal. We are all so excited about doing 38 miles in January that it keeps us motivated to go every day. Well, almost. Yesterday afternoon we had one of those infamous Florida thunderstorms, leaving everything wet, hot, and steamy. 7 pm came - our Sunday riding time - and half of us were ready to chuck the whole deal! Nine miles was the goal. I clocked home at 9.98 miles in 56 minutes. If I had looked down at my program before I clicked "STOP" I would have dozied around my driveway for the extra 0.02 miles!!! Damn! But, we surpassed our 9 mile goal, still did 30 minutes of strength training in the gym en route, and did it in the worst heat and humidity of the week. We are warriors!!! :)

Didn't get any biking in yesterday, I took my girls to the amusement part and walked for two solid hours. Not biking to work today, there is a cold front moving in and I don't think 25 Mph winds will be pleasant. FRIED OREO???

What brand bike do you have? Looking to buy one.

RBG, I'm not sure who this question was for? But I personally ride a Trek 1200.

I'd suggest if your looking to ride as a form of exercise, you go to a local bike shop, talk with an experienced staff member. Plan to spend a little while looking at the various different types of bikes. There are mountain, hybrid/comfort, and road bikes....and MANY different models of each. You can spend from ABOUT $400 to well over $4000 for a quality bike, depending on what your budget/desires are. It's worth going to a bike shop, have them tell you what size they recommend, then see what they offer to get a feel what your're looking for. They'll probably let you take one on a test ride.

After you know what size/style you're looking for, think about buying a used one. Lots of folks buy a bike, ride it a week or a month, then decide its not for them and put it in their garage to collect dust. They are like new....and maybe half the price. Craigslist in my area is FULL of used bikes....all the time.

(FRIED OREO??......not sold at GNC :) )

I'd suggest if your looking to ride as a form of exercise, you go to a local bike shop, talk with an experienced staff member. Plan to spend a little while looking at the various different types of bikes. There are mountain, hybrid/comfort, and road bikes....and MANY different models of each. You can spend from ABOUT $400 to well over $4000 for a quality bike, depending on what your budget/desires are. It's worth going to a bike shop, have them tell you what size they recommend, then see what they offer to get a feel what your're looking for. They'll probably let you take one on a test ride.

I want to second what CF has said about visiting your local bike shop. If it hadn't been for my local bike shops I wouldn't be biking like I am today. Find one with people who love biking, my local one "Biker's Edge" is filled with people who live, eat and breath biking. They don't care what type of biking, they want you to fall in love with it the same way they do, so they go out of their way to make sure that your experience is fantastic.

The one thing that makes or breaks your biking experience, is making sure you have the right size bike and that the bike is adjusted properly to you. So, if you do buy a used bike, take it to your local shop have them tune and adjust it for you. Believe me when you sit in the saddle for a couple of hours straight the slightest misalignment will turn in to major pain.

I'm at 42 miles.....time to turn around and head back. :) now at mile 64.....100 here I come! Must have been the fried oreo! :)

Spin class, 58 minutes, 500 Calories and I will call it 15 miles

I'm at 42 miles.....time to turn around and head back. :) now at mile 64.....100 here I come! Must have been the fried oreo! :)

That's freakin awesome Catfish! Woohoo!!

2muchfun

I am so jealous I wish I had access daily to the Denver bike trails. They are some of the best anywhere. You can bet I will get me a bike rack and be taking Jimmy with me when I do visit the Big D. Which is about 4 times a year.

This is Jimmy