Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Easy breakfast ideas!

I start work sometimes at 5am I'm not a huge Breakfast person but I need to do something (make my metabolism faster) because I have a wedding dress to fit into in a year!! I've lost 60 pounds already and I bought a dress today for my wedding in July 2014. I know that seems crazy but I bought it 2 sizes smaller and we are putting a corset back so we can make it smaller or bigger. Just in case but i know i can do it!! Just need to loose 60more. AMEN for alterations.

So what's easy for Breakfast and on the go?

Sorry for all the wedding talk!

-BriannaXOXO

before being banded,i was the biggest Breakfast person,it was my favorite meal!!! but,since being banded,no matter how hard i try,even no matter what time i wake up....i cannot eat breakfast....i am up at 5am, 5 days a week...i have found that at around 9-10am,i can tolerate a greek yogurt,but even that,i have to eat slowly!! have you tried greek yogurt? or oatmeal(sugar free)?

I have a Peanut Butter sandwich (on a whole wheat sandwich thin bun) most days. 300 calories, easy to make ahead of time and eat in the car, and cheaper than Breakfast bars.

I like to make egg salad with low fat mayo. I can make enough for 3-4 days, and it's easy. Also - high Protein, which I think is a better choice over a full-on carb breakfast.

String cheese is a good "on the go" food. If I know I'm on the move, I'll take some of the egg salad and make 1/2 sandwich. Then, there is always a ready made Protein shake, but I"m SO sick of shakes, that I only grab that when the thought of food makes me ill.

Hard boiled eggs, turkey sausage, I've made in a cupcake pan an egg dish. Egg beater with some fat free cottage cheese with chopped lean ham ,turkey sausage, and some light cheddar cheese season to taste and you could add some salsa or some veggies. I will eat only 2 for Breakfast then have the others throughout the week. Sorry I'm not a exact measure type of cook.

I typically have a Protein Shake and Greek yogurt w/granola for breakfast.

Basic KERF Recipe

1/3 cup rolled oats

1/3 – 1/2 cup milk [depending on how thick you like it]

1/3 cup plain yogurt

1/2 banana

1/2 tbsp chia seeds

Pinch salt

Pinch cinnamon

Directions

Stir everything together in a bowl. Place in fridge overnight. In the morning top with something crunchy and something with healthy fats – like nut butter or nuts.

I use almond milk and greek yogurt. I leave out bananas cause i hate them and put other fruit. And you do not have to cook the oats (or oatmeal)

wendy

My favorite breakfast is a piece of Jimmy Dean turkey sausage and a boiled egg. I drive a lot for work and usually have to be up pretty early so thiis is quick and easy to eat going down the road.On other days i eat oatmeat with blueberries and flaxseed in it. And last but not least sometimes I have a half of a sandwich thin toasted with some pepper jelly and a piece of turkey sausage or some scrambled egg.

Like some others, occasionally i have to really eat breakfast slowly but i always eat breakfast. I feel it gets your metabolism going for the day and you should never skip it.

Thank you guys for all the help!!

I rather sleep as much as I possibly can then prepare food to eat.

So if I made the hard boiled eggs the night before how would I warm them up? I tried the microwave them... BIG MESS hahha

I'm sick of Protein shakes to but ill force myself somedays. My weights kinda stuck at the moment 60 fell off easy.. Now it's getting hard.

-BriannaXOXO

I make egg white, turkey sausage, and spinach in muffin tins. I make 12 at a time and freeze them. When in a hurry I pop one in the microwave for a minute and out the door I go.

I have not been able to eat anything solid in the morning, for about 2 years now....too tight when I wake up....

I do have a coffee or 2, along with my "Gurgling" sounds.....

Every morning I make myself a smoothie in the blender wit fresh fruit, and a LOT of Protein.....

The band loosens up as the day goes along.....I could have Breakfast at 9-10am for instance, but why bother...I'm am not hungry nor interested in food by that point....

I either have a egg or my Protein Shake but I have a Protein shake that has my Vitamins so there is no getting away from the Protein Drinks once a day

I find I'm not very interested in food first thing in the morning especially lately. Not sure if it has anything to do with the cold weather? I'm coming up to my first year anniversary and wondered if winter makes a bit tighter or restricted??

That said, I try to have something to avoid being crazy hungry at lunch. The past week I've had a few nuts and some berries. I can slowly eat them at my desk, traveling or between meetings.

Yoghurt has been a bit if a hassle of late to eat on its own. A few spoonfuls with some crunchy muesli has helped keep it down.

I've also had some non traditional Breakfast things, like a small tin of tuna, cheddar cheese on crackers, smoked salmon wrapped around cucumber and hommus, particularly if I'm traveling. Nothing says you have to eat traditional breakfast foods in the morning.

I'm never tight in the morning I can eat like normal. But I'm trying to speed up metabolism even though I don't like eating in the morning either

-BriannaXOXO