Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I felt my port fold/bend when I bent down

I bent down ever-so-gently to tie my shoe laces and actually felt my port bend along with my stomach?!?! I didn't feel any pain, just light throbbing. I panicked and called my doctor and he said I shouldn't worry and this is normal, but just so I can get a peace of mind, I thought I'd ask about this here as well.

I've bent down before (I was banded just last week on the 21st) and never felt my band or port react to it. It's really only when I would get out of bed that I'd feel any kind of throbbing or discomfort, but now I feel the port when I walk... Perhaps it's now just on my mind, so I'm focusing on it more.

Anyone experience this before??

I feel mine all the time when I bend over... mainly if I lean more to right than left as my port is in right side... freaked me out at first bc I could figure out if what I was feeling was pain or not... but I've desided it's not pain just not normal and just a reminder that its there and what I am now doing :-)

I too have felt this, and assured that its normal. I can feel my port, and so can my kids. It doesn't t bulge out, but I can feel it sitting at my desk.

As you already know I was banded on May 21st as well :) I haven't had any issues with bending over since 3 days post op. I kinda felt like my port was moving as well and I called my doctor and he told me its just the muscles around your port are healing and tighting back up. Ever since Friday I just had that tightness and I had a few instances where I though I was injuring my port area but my port is still there! I think what we are feeling is temp anyway I'm ready to get onto solid foods but I have another two weeks.......lol

-Amine

As you already know I was banded on May 21st as well :) I haven't had any issues with bending over since 3 days post op. I kinda felt like my port was moving as well and I called my doctor and he told me its just the muscles around your port are healing and tighting back up. Ever since Friday I just had that tightness and I had a few instances where I though I was injuring my port area but my port is still there! I think what we are feeling is temp anyway I'm ready to get onto solid foods but I have another two weeks.......lol

Ugh solid foods... don't even get me started! I hope my doctor gives me the OK to upgrade to solids in a month. My first fill appointment isn't until July 9th and that's usually when he approves patients to move on to solids :o He only sees patients in my area once a month, otherwise I have to trek out to his other location, which is very far. I may just suck it up and travel if I'm not upgraded sooner :P

Ugh solid foods... don't even get me started! I hope my doctor gives me the OK to upgrade to solids in a month. My first fill appointment isn't until July 9th and that's usually when he approves patients to move on to solids :o He only sees patients in my area once a month' date=' otherwise I have to trek out to his other location, which is very far. I may just suck it up and travel if I'm not upgraded sooner :P[/quote']

Haha sorry for bringing it up ;) Im assuming my first fill is from a month from surgery but I have my 1 week post op appointment tomorrow hopefully they can move me up to soft and puree food! What type of band did you get? I have a Allergen 10cc band, I thought I would need the bigger one but little did I know lol.

Haha sorry for bringing it up ;) Im assuming my first fill is from a month from surgery but I have my 1 week post op appointment tomorrow hopefully they can move me up to soft and puree food! What type of band did you get? I have a Allergen 10cc band, I thought I would need the bigger one but little did I know lol.

Good question, I have no idea what type of band I got! Doc never told me and it didn't cross my mind to ask. I'll find out on Wednesday at my 1 week post op. Luckily I was sent home from the hospital on a soft foods, so I commend you for your patience this week... I'd be losing my mind even more so. Hope you get the upgrade to soft foods! It's not as exciting as solids, but I'm getting by (even though I'm hungry more often... probably not enough Protein on my part).

Good question' date=' I have no idea what type of band I got! Doc never told me and it didn't cross my mind to ask. I'll find out on Wednesday at my 1 week post op. Luckily I was sent home from the hospital on a soft foods, so I commend you for your patience this week... I'd be losing my mind even more so. Hope you get the upgrade to soft foods! It's not as exciting as solids, but I'm getting by (even though I'm hungry more often... probably not enough Protein on my part).[/quote']

Yeah my doctor made sure I knew what he was putting on my stomach lol. I'm still trying to figure out when I'm hungry. I've been sticking to every 4 hours or until my stomach is growling lol. I have been talking my Protein shakes and eating yogurt and cream Soups lol. Doesn't really bother me much but I want some texture. I might I have to stay on full liquids for another week until I go to soft foods.

It's so surreal, isn't it?! I feel it too when I press lightly on where it is...sometimes it freaks me out!!!!

Your port will not bend, but it is normal to feel it.

It's so surreal' date=' isn't it?! I feel it too when I press lightly on where it is...sometimes it freaks me out!!!![/quote']

It is strange to feel an object inside you. Some have port band in different areas. When I'm empty I feel it more. My port is on bra line. Any other places people have them? Could make a difference

when i was first banded,after i healed,my port would throb if i lifted something heavy,bent down quickly or tried to lay on my stomach....now,7 months later,i hardly ever get that.

Every time I bend over or down, I feel the port. I was banded two weeks ago. I think it is very common.

Every time I bend over or down, I feel the port. I was banded two weeks ago. I think it is very common.

I bent down a week post op and my stomach fat flopped over my jeans and the port went with it. I cried out in pain it hurt so bad. I was sore for a week. Needless to say, I was super careful after that. I was scared I popped the stitches that connected the port to my muscle but takes a lot more then that I guess.