Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm dying for a Timmies, just wondering if anybody uses cream or milk. I used to love my large double double.

I use Coffeemate powder Creamer. Not the sweet flavored ones; the original. I know it's crap, but I've used it for so long, I don't even like real cream. I use that, with some Splenda.

Your Timmies sounds like our Starbucks :D

Okay, this thread got me so excited today (either that, or too much caffeine), that I went out a bought a new coffee maker. It makes a single small or large cup, or a whole carafe. It also makes tea. And the GOOD news is, that it makes a cup of coffee in 60 seconds, and tastes great! I'm so picky when it comes to coffee, and have bought and returned a few single serve/pod type machines. AWFUL! This, however, is great....which I never thought I would say, coming from a French press.

Yeah, God forbid I should have to wait longer than a minute for my morning brew :o

Well, glad to hear you got a great coffee maker!!! I myself have a deluxe Keurig (perhaps one of the ones you returned, LOL) which makes single serve in four sizes so I am also an "instant gratification" type when it comes to coffee ;)

LOL - yes, I actually returned two Keurigs. I know a lot of people like them, but it didn't work out for me.

I had also tried a Hamilton Beach single serve machine, and it went back the next day. This is the one I bought today, and so far, so good. I'll see how I like it over the next few days. The place I bought it said that I have up to one year to return it. Really?! And it was on sale today in the store for $134.99; $45 cheaper than Bed Bath & Beyond.

http://www.surlatable.com/product/PRO-1102490/Capresso-la-Carte-Cup-to-Carafe-Coffee-and-Tea-Maker

I have a cup, sometimes two, everyday! I feel sorry for anyone who comes near me before I've had my morning coffee! haha

mrsinto, that coffee maker does look awesome. I like the fact you can make a single cup or a carafe. Something for me to keep in mind for the future!!

I had returned a couple of things too and then found the Keurig (I ordered it online - I got the "special" one, haha) so I understand wanting to find one that's "just right" - like Goldilocks ;)

mrsinto, that coffee maker does look awesome. I like the fact you can make a single cup or a carafe. Something for me to keep in mind for the future!!

I had returned a couple of things too and then found the Keurig (I ordered it online - I got the "special" one, haha) so I understand wanting to find one that's "just right" - like Goldilocks ;)

Cat - did you get the Vue? I was checking that out, but never actually bought it.

For me, another issue is that I now drink 1/2 caf 1/2 Decaf. With the pre-made pods, there isn't much I can do. I buy two bags of whole Beans, mix them together and grind them fresh every morning. Yep, I'm a coffee snob :P My burr coffee grinder is made by the same company as the machine I got today, and I've been VERY happy with it. I've had others, but this one has been the best.

I got my Keurig a couple of years ago before they were as popular - at the time the best model was the platinum, which is what I got - the new Vue systems look pretty sweet though! At least now you can buy the pods in the grocery store easily... when I got mine, I had to go to specialty shops or order online which sucked.

I do like to grind Beans too - I just use a french press when I do that. Smells so good, doesn't it??

I am with you - I don't drink much coffee, but what I do drink I like to be good :) For a while I was thinking maybe I would give it up, but I have definitely decided against that option!!

Enjoy your new coffee maker!! Aren't we funny, lol - I know some people that would think we were crazy getting so into coffee makers etc.

I got my Keurig a couple of years ago before they were as popular - at the time the best model was the platinum, which is what I got - the new Vue systems look pretty sweet though! At least now you can buy the pods in the grocery store easily... when I got mine, I had to go to specialty shops or order online which sucked.

I do like to grind Beans too - I just use a french press when I do that. Smells so good, doesn't it??

I am with you - I don't drink much coffee, but what I do drink I like to be good :) For a while I was thinking maybe I would give it up, but I have definitely decided against that option!!

Enjoy your new coffee maker!! Aren't we funny, lol - I know some people that would think we were crazy getting so into coffee makers etc.

Hey, we're women - this is the stuff we talk about (among other things) :)

I LOVE French press, and really haven't found anything to beat it. But it takes too much time, and I'm hoping my new toy comes close to the full, rounded flavor. OMG - I sound like a fricken commercial - LOL!

The Vue does look pretty nice. Maybe by the time you're ready for a new machine, they'll have as many K-cups as the regular Kuerig. Also, my husband drinks tea, and the Vue didn't have the kind he likes. Oh well..... He still uses the old Tassimo single serve we bought a few years ago. He's happy - I'm happy......but the kitchen counter has a whole lot of hardware! :D

Man, you guys say you like coffee and you are talking about PODS??? I'll bet you put cream and sugar in it as well! Fresh roasted Beans, a burr grinder and a french press is all you really need.

Fact is if I'm in a hurry in the morning I just grab a hand full of Beans, and a cup of boiling Water. Throw the beans in your mouth and chew them until they are a coarse grind, take a swig of hot Water, hold it in my mouth for 4 minutes and swallow! :blink:

Loved the coffee thread.Best posts I have read in a long time! Beans and hot Water....priceless!!!!!!! : )

Thanks for the Timmies clue in. couldn't figure out what the heck you were writing about, until it was compared to Starbucks.

Any of you coffee addicts have Marylou's near you? If not, it's worth the trip to Massachusetts! And a bonus to the gentlemen, all the workers look like they could easily work at hooters!

I am an avid coffee drinker. I have no intentions of retiring my keurig. I only do Decaf if it's getting close to bedtime. Otherwise it's full lead. I sweeten it with equal and a little low-fat Creamer. I use to have 3-4 cups a day before surgery, but I'm now only having 1-2. Since I can't drink carbonated sodas at the moment, I only have my caffeine with my coffee. You can't take it all away! Lol

Man, you guys say you like coffee and you are talking about PODS??? I'll bet you put cream and sugar in it as well! Fresh roasted Beans, a burr grinder and a french press is all you really need.

Fact is if I'm in a hurry in the morning I just grab a hand full of Beans, and a cup of boiling Water. Throw the beans in your mouth and chew them until they are a coarse grind, take a swig of hot Water, hold it in my mouth for 4 minutes and swallow! :blink:

No, I don't use pods... TRIED them, but the coffee was half assed (to me). I've been a French press person, until I picked up the new machine yesterday. Fresh ground coffee, single serve, made in a system somewhat like espresso. It's a win win!!!

Terry, have you ever tried chocolate covered coffee beans? If you want a jolt, those would do the job :P

Loved the coffee thread.Best posts I have read in a long time! Beans and hot Water....priceless!!!!!!! : )

Thanks for the Timmies clue in. couldn't figure out what the heck you were writing about, until it was compared to Starbucks.

Any of you coffee addicts have Marylou's near you? If not, it's worth the trip to Massachusetts! And a bonus to the gentlemen, all the workers look like they could easily work at hooters!

No Marylou's here in SoCal, but if I ever make to MA, I'll check it out :)

Banjo - when I kept seeing the reference to Timmies, I had no clue either....so I Googled it. It's short for Tim Horton's http://www.timhorton...a/en/index.html

Thanks for the Timmies clue in. couldn't figure out what the heck you were writing about' date=' until it was compared to Starbucks.

Any of you coffee addicts have Marylou's near you? If not, it's worth the trip to Massachusetts! And a bonus to the gentlemen, all the workers look like they could easily work at hooters![/quote']

MARYLOUS Iced Cappachino is the best !!! I'm in Canton Mass. They have really good flavored coffee which I love ! This was a nice post to read made me laugh! Have a great day all :)

Hey Bindi!

Hope to see you next month and Denise too.

Dr. A said you were doing great. So glad to hear.