Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is This Normal?

I had a second fill this morning, and now have 7 cc's in my 10cc band.

I sat & drank the three glasses of Water before leaving the doctor's office (they have everyone do that to make sure there aren't any obvious issues). I was fine. Now I'm drinking a Protein shake, and it's going down okay, but I am having gurgling, and I feel it sit for a few seconds before it goes all the way through. This is new to me, because I've had ZERO issues since surgery. Is this normal? I'm wondering what it will be like when I start back on regular food. They only added 1/2 cc to what was already in the band, and I'm hoping it gives me the bit of restriction (for lack of a better word) that I need. Can you have some of these types of "effects" temporarily, right after a fill? "Temporarily" being the key word :o

I could feel every liquid in the back of my throat after my fill last Wednesday; it slowly diminished over the weekend. Now it's been almost a week and my Water goes down like it always did, but my food--I just started back on solids today--man, that's a different story. My chest is very tight as I begin to eat, but then it relaxes. So I'd say for me, it took about a week for the fill to settle and for me to swallow comfortably. But I'm very careful about bite size and I chew my solids to smithereens!

I'm glad to hear this. I didn't have any issues after my first fill, but with this second one.....I'm STILL drinking the Protein shake that I started drinking two hours ago.

What I really hope, is that this fill will remind me to take small bites, and that I will be satisfied after a small amount of food; stay satiated for longer, etc. Before this, I was able to guzzle Water like before surgery, and I had no issues taking larger bites. Not shoveling it in, but certainly not little band size bites. I always chew very well, but it seemed over the last couple of weeks, I wasn't getting the shut off signal quite so quickly/easily.

ALSO - I haven't had shoulder pain in weeks since surgery. Is it normal to be having it again now, after the fill?

Gurgling can be "normal" for many people. I still have it and I'm in my 7th year. I never know when it's going to happen and sometime it's VERY loud. For me it's just my band talking to me and saying... "hey... I'm hear and I'm working". I can eat normal food... with no issues (except rice and apples skins) and no carbonated beverages... I know I'm not too tight. My doctor just said it's part of being a "bandster".

Tom, Toronto

Banded July 6 06

Wt. Loss: 156 lbs

i have had this same problem since my last fill,a month ago....and i kept thinking that it was temperary also...but it didnt go away,then i was thinking,ok maybe this is just how being in the green is suppossed to be? i have an appt tomorrow,and after talking to the surgeon to get his opinion,i will prob get a little unfill

i have had this same problem since my last fill,a month ago....and i kept thinking that it was temperary also...but it didnt go away,then i was thinking,ok maybe this is just how being in the green is suppossed to be? i have an appt tomorrow,and after talking to the surgeon to get his opinion,i will prob get a little unfill

Which issues are you having? The ones I mentioned, or others as well (stuck episodes, PBs, etc.)?

My shoulder hurts like I just had surgery. I'm not going to freak out about any of it, until a few days pass.

im not havin any pain....i had a fill a nonth ago,drank the glass of Water and was fine,went home and had half a glass of iced tea and ended up vomiting for 2 hrs!! then when i laid down to sleep, felt like i was choking! after 2 days,that feeling went away,but still wasnt able to eat anything!! a week went by,and i was able to hold down a little....its gotten better but still not great... my typical day...coffee in morning,greek yogurt at about 10,cup of noodle Soup at 1230,and i havent been able to eat anything else after lunch...i thought that maybe thats what being in the green zone was....but im eating nothing and not losing either,so i figure i must be too tight! the 1st 3 days after my fill,i lost 11 lbs,but that was because i couldnt eat or drink anything without it coming back up! i havent lost a lb since!!

No, that doesn't sound like a green zone to me! Not based on what I've read in these forums. Sounds like a small unfill is just what you need.

I just slowly ate some Tomato Soup. I went down fine; a little gurgle, but nothing major. I'll see what tomorrow brings :-)

I'm like Tom...although not quite as experienced. :) I have the gurgling sound often. And I'm not too tight...for me. It's kind of funny now actually, happens almost every day.

The shoulder pain and difficulty with solids might mean you need a tiny unfill. Sometimes even .01cc removed can help. I would check with the doc.