Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I called my surgeon about the taco salad insistent and he said that wasn't a big concern because I have had my first fill yet and I could eat the solid food as long as it was going ok and I wasn't having any issues.

The essence of all this is You getting to know your band...what YOU can and cannot do...

You read these boards enough and you see there are many conflicts...some can eat bread, some cannot...some can drink carbonated drinks, some cannot...same with red meat, Pasta, rice...etc...it comes down to YOU knowing your band, and IMO the success happens when you learn how to LISTEN to your band....this is going to be part of you for the rest of your life so treat it as it part of you....not an external thing, but YOU....

I have been telling my Dr since day one what I am finding to be true for myself, what I have trouble with and what I find easy...he never said there was anything I must never do...except become educated and learn what MY capabilities are...and what the hazards are....and they changed as I got closer to the Green Zone...

For instance, he knows I still drink beer from time to time..( I had 2 yesterday) He does not endorse it, and after asking a few inquiring questions to see if I understood my band, he just shrugged his shoulders....now he jokes when I see him saying we still need to get together for that beer someday....

But is still always comes down to following your Dr.'s directions...and of course, if you are dieting or not, need to be aware of nutrition, calories, etc....

Like your Dr said, you have not had a fill so things like taco salad may not effect you right now....but it may later....myself, I cannot eat it with some difficulty, so I simply choose not to and play it 100% safe....

I drink beer with my band what is the reasoning behind Saying we should not drink beer?

The carbonation can cause horrendous stomach pains as the band limits your ability to belch and relieve the carbonation in your stomach.

So should I not drink any beer at all I was doing good and not drinking beer but now summer is here and they sure go down well on a hot day lol

Oh no! I love beer. :(

Yes me too hmmmmm what to do???

From what I have been told carbonation can also cause the upper pouch to dilate

From what I have been told carbonation can also cause the upper pouch to dilate

Well wait a minute, I have an occasional diet Coke Zero and the doctor is aware of this, but as far as burping or belching is concerned I have not had a problem burping whatsoever. As a matter of fact I'm digesting food better now than I did before the surgery.

I was banded on 12/28/12 and have had only one episode where I started sliming. The sliming was after I had drunk a very large Crystal Light because O was hot and thirsty.

However, never have had a problem burping.

I guess it depends on the doctor my doctor says zero carbonation so that's what I will do, as I am seeing in the boards all the doctors seems to have their own protocol .

My dr does not give "rules" he gives you the tools and knowledge to make your own decisions the only thing he gets on me about is smoking but never for food or drinks, if it hurts to eat something or drink something then don't do it, but if it goes down and your ok with your choice then go for it!!!

One thing that is predominant on this site is that everyone is different. Drs give different advice. Some can tolerate foods that others can't. This site is awesome for help and guidance but we each have to find our own way individually. If carbonation doesn't bother you, let er rip!

What is slime?

What is slime?