Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein powder makes me ill

I have tried several kinds and I just don't know why this stuff makes me feel sick about a hr or so after consuming it.. I tried stuff with no lactose just to see if I was intolerant, still same sick effects... I started to wonder if it could be all the Vitamins in it? I just really want to find something that I can use as a back up to get Protein in when I can't do it the normal way... Anyone else have this issue and have come up with a solution? Thanks

Have you tried the ready made Premier Protein shakes in chocolate?

Some people just don't do well with whey. The bariatric medical community seems to like it, because that's all they prescribe. However, there are other Protein powders out there, with the same specs as some of the whey ones.

Here are a couple of links; one for pea protein, and another for egg white protein. Maybe try one of them & see if there is any difference in the way you feel?

vanilla.asp" rel="external nofollow">http://www.jayrobb.com/protein/egg-white-protein-vanilla.asp

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=OL-1039#.UZaczOtAtzQ

PS: In the beginning of my lap band venture, I was okay with the protein powders. After a week of it being ALL I could have, they began to make me gag. Even still, I avoid them at all costs. If I need to grab one, I'll have the chocolate Premier. I buy them at costco.

thank you.. I will give it a try... anything is worth trying to see if I can find one that agrees with me... although sometimes you just had enough getting sick, your afraid to do it again.. hahaha.. but I really want to find one so I must risk getting ill..

Try using fat free Fage Greek yogurt by itself or in a smoothie instead. I see you are well past surgery from your profile so you do not need to use the shakes if they don't work for you.

If you are blending it can be the air that is whipped into the shake. I would also suggest trying a pre made one.

I found that I am allergic to the whey Protein. After a week on it I had noticed that I had been itching but I hadn't pay much attention to it then I noticed a rash on my legs, then arms and the tops of my feet. It just about drove me crazy for days. So I went to the Vitamin Shoppe and got some egg white protein and it cleared up after a few days of not being on the whey protein. The Jay Robb brand is the best one I've tried so far. Also I bought a shaker bottle with a whisk ball in it and it mixes the shakes up better than the blender.

Check out garden of life. I am going to try it. It is on Amazon