Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ideas needed for Breakfast

I had a spell after one fill when I couldn't stand coffee! I am having one cup in the morning now.

Being a creature of habit my Breakfast is one low fat Greek yogurt (80 calories) with a cup of blueberries mixed in. Not much calories, but I do not feel hungry for more in the morning.

How do people tolerate coffee? I haven't had any since I've been banded.

I can't drink i for more than 12 - 14 hours a day. :o If you hate the taste of coffee and add stuff like Creamer or sugar, be sure to count the calories.

wonder if I could handle a pancake occasionally just for something different with some light Syrup.< /p>

In the beginning, I would steer clear of pancakes. They have little to no nutritional value, and an "only carb" breakfast will make you hungry for more food. For now IMHO, stick to high Protein meals.

How do people tolerate coffee? I haven't had any since I've been banded.

I was told by my doctor....NO coffee. But after the first few weeks of none, I started back with 1/2 cup in the morning. I'm not an all day drinker to begin with, and 1/2 mug full is all I can take :-)

As with anything after being banded, start VERY slow; see how you feel & pay attention to what your body will accept.

Thanks Everyone!

I usually have Greek yogurt with an extra scoop of unflavored Protein and a little bit of Special K Protein Cereal. Keeps me full for about five hours!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

I never really ate Breakfast until I got to goal. Was never hungry. Still not, but trying to maintain now.

Egg sandwich:

1/2 of an Arnold flat round (toasted or not)

1 egg

Little cheese

Slice of ham

Or

oatmeal with raisins and Splenda brown sugar

Or

Celery with Peanut Butter and raisins

You may find that it doesn't even have to be a breakfast food. Eat what you like! Experiment. I snack on dry Cereal (Quaker Oat Squares).

SueBee- the egg sandwich you list sounds yummy I will have to try that in a couple weeks. Not ready for the bread yet!

I do really enjoy oatmeal with fruit. One of my favorites and it keeps you full! The Kashi has 9 grams of Protein. Their creamy cereals are good too!

I had coffee after maybe 3-4 days with no problem.

As for breakfast, after I was off liquids I did grits (nom, nom), oatmeal (nom) and yogurt (meh). Now that I'm a few weeks out, I do a meat like ham, canadian bacon or today steak. I also had some sausage, which I'm supposed to avoid, but if you've ever had Tennessee pride, OMG, you're missing out. I have tried to cut back to one egg versus two and some times I switch it up and do egg whites instead of the eggs. I'll add some stuff from the fridge sometimes like tender steak, mushrooms, or something weird like brussells sprouts.

I found a great recipe yesterday that I want to try. It's huge on the Protein.

250 Calorie Quinoa Egg Bake

The link to the recipe is:

www.fitsugar.com/Healthy-Quinoa-Egg-Bake-Recipe-26947762

Hope this works for everyone. Nice to be able to make it on the weekend and then just grab a piece in the morning on the way to work!

18.9g of protein!!!

:D

I found a great recipe yesterday that I want to try. It's huge on the Protein.

250 Calorie Quinoa Egg Bake

The link to the recipe is:

www.fitsugar.com/Healthy-Quinoa-Egg-Bake-Recipe-26947762

Hope this works for everyone. Nice to be able to make it on the weekend and then just grab a piece in the morning on the way to work!

18.9g of protein!!!

:D

This looks and sounds really good! I printed it out.....I'm going to try it :)

I love my coffee and waited 3 weeks postop to try it. Thankfully, no problems. I now use it as my daily "treat" and I look forward to it!

I've also played around with creating my own versions of iced coffees and they are delish and low cal! Just add 1/2 cup milk, 1 pack instant coffee, and sugar free Creamer to taste..blend and poor over ice! So good!

I had coffee yesterday for 1st time since being banded on apr 29th and it was nice! I didn't have any issues. I'll enjoy another cup this morning!!

I didn't have coffee on the "no" list; in fact I was served a cup of it postop in the hospital! That said, I don't tolerate the caffeine content anymore---too much of a "zip" now that my calories are so low. So I drink chicory mix coffee (like they do in New Orleans!) or Decaf.< /p>

Otherwise: I usually eat the same thing for breakfast every day, alternating between:

--two melba toast like crackers with butter and jam (lightly spread) or softened Peanut Butter (2 tsp total)

or

oatmeal with a bit of butter and brown sugar.

I don't use light products--no access to them where I live--but I don't get freaked out about using "real" butter, sugar, etc. I just don't load up my stuff with it.