Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Coming back to work after the surgery

Yes, my mini lap band vacation is over :( so I need to work tomorrow. I'm feeling really week right now. I did take my Vitamins and I'm trying to eat something (it's being hard for me to eat!) any suggestions? I think I'm bringing my pillow and heating pad with me, and my nausea med.

How many days post op are you?

I went back today I'm one week post op. It was a lil rough at work today but i made it thru. . Plus I have major back pains. Not sure if MY BODY was ready to go back. I will see how I feel tomorrow & if its anything like I feel now. .. i'll be off a few more days. Everyone heals different. Someone on here said they were@ work the day after surgery. I can't imagine that. Some ppl a few days off worked. So I took a week to be safe. Think I needed 2 weeks.

How many days post op are you?

This was day 4. My doctor told me is ok to come back.

I went back on day 4 and was super weak. It was too soon for me. I lasted 2 hours and came home. I know how you're feeling. This is the worst part. The weakness and I had the gas pain bad too. Don't push it if you don't have too. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

i was in moderate pain for the first 3-4 days but could have went back to my job as a cook, on 5th day if I would have had to. I was thankful I didn't have to though.

I had my surgery on Wednesday the 1st and I started working from home the following Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and then I had this weekend to rest up. However, I went into the office yesterday and was beat by 10:30AM so I worked from home the rest of the day.

Each day has been getting easier... but I did sleep 12 hours last night so my body still hasn't quite adjusted. The first person who saw me in the office told me I looked tired (but, I felt pretty good when she said that... not tired at all, yet... my takeaway is that even though I am feeling pretty good, my body is still heeling).

Hope your days get easier!

i work at a desk job, and took a total of 8 days..i was very tired on my return for 2 days but it does get easier...just go at your own pace and you will know when you need to rest. all the best :)

I'm a hairdresser. I was banded yesterday and plan to return to work next Tuesday so 7 days off. I'm really hoping to feel good enough to work because I have such a physical job.

So here I'm at work. I feel not really good. I had that pressure in my stomach that conbine with some stress back to work, is starting to hurt. And also, I'm super cold! I'm glaf I brought a blanket with me, prayers will be apreciate it! I'm not having a good day :(

So here I'm at work. I feel not really good. I had that pressure in my stomach that conbine with some stress back to work, is starting to hurt. And also, I'm super cold! I'm glaf I brought a blanket with me, prayers will be apreciate it! I'm not having a good day :(

Sorry to hear that darling. Praying God gives you strength to get through the day. Keep your attitude positive - You've been given a new life that people are desperate for! :D

Thank you Duchess! I'm still feeling kinda weird, but I'm at "lunch" time now.

I might have to take tomorrow off. This was a little drastic.

Look at this video! made me laugh haha

Back from lunch, and I'm going home :(

I can not make it the rest of the day and my boss told me she thinks I need to take the day off tomorrow.

I will see you at home.

Lolarose I'm sorry ur day back at work suckd. I'm definitely praying for you. We need more time to heal then we think. Take it easy. Rest is the best medicine.

I took 2 weeks off from both of my jobs. My first job is a desk job and my second job is a day care. I understand where you're coming from but take it one day at a time. If you have to go home then go. I hope everything works out for you.