Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do I cook for my husband and myself?

To put it short and sweet, my husband eats an equivalent of 6 meals a day and celebrates when he gains a pound. He has a super high metabolism, and then well...there's me.

Any advice on how I can cook a meal that would be good for both him and myself?

Sounds like my husband. I cook the same meals for all, they just eat more than I do. Some things i cook they won't eat like quinoa for them i make rice and if i am doing stir fry i just put everything together except quinoa and rice they are in separate bowls and everyone can choose. It also depends on what stage you are up too.

i cook the same meals for both of us. he just eats more than i do :) though i notice even he's eating less too because of using smaller plates :)

I cook one meal and he eats much more than I do. I also started to get the quick cooking rice or Pasta that he adds to his plate. I skip them and am satisfied.

Check out emilybites.com. Love her recipes and especially her muffin tin meals. I eat one and my husband has two or three.

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

He panics anytime he hears me say 'LapBand friendly meal' because he automatically thinks mush and half cup portions is all he'll be able to eat. I'va had the band for almost 3 years now but I found out I had cancer last year (which has been totally swiped from my body, thank the heavens) so I got my band deflated since I was so weak and losing about 3-5 pounds a week. So I kind of got out of the swing of things, and I'm trying to get back into cooking and eating the right things and portions.

I looked at that emilybites.com and found a TON of things I want to try. I showed them to him as well and he seemed interested and didn't freak out when I said they looked like I could eat them. :)

I cook all the time in my crockpot. I double the batch and then freeze the rest. Easy to prepare and I don't have to cook a often. When life gets busy, I just pull something from the freezer for dinner!

I cook all the time in my crockpot. I double the batch and then freeze the rest. Easy to prepare and I don't have to cook a often. When life gets busy' date=' I just pull something from the freezer for dinner!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk[/quote']

What do you put into crock pot? Favorites?

I just tried several muffin tin recipes this weekend.

I'm a single gal whose father visits often and he too gets weird when he hears lap band friendly recipes, BUT he sure as heck ate 3 muffins of enchiladas and bbq Hawaiian chicken muffins this visit with a side of salad. Muffin tin craze I have right now!!!!

But I usually cook up a big batch of whatever then I freeze for later for dad visits or I take to work to share

Hope this helps

Thanks to joining this site I have several new recipes.

I make a ton of stuff in the crockpot, most of of emilybites.com or skinny taste.

White chicken chili

Salsa chicken- chicken breast, salsa and black Beans

Mexican pulled pork

Three envelope pot roast

Turkey chili

Tons of soups!

Chicken cordon bleu

Turkey meatballs

Egg casseroles

If you search for healthy crockpot meals, you will get a ton.....good luck!!

as others have said, cook the same meal just vary the portions. Healthy is healthy, no matter what.

At least you're lucky, my boyfriend flat out refuses to eat anything if he finds out it's lapband friendly. Then again I do like weird things at times like meat substitutes and he doesn't like that. It's been kind of rough though, he seems to be finding all the weight I'm losing (thankfully he's a fairly skinny guy) because I cook and he refuses to eat and goes to get fast food.

What can you do? The ultimate thing it boils down to, if he doesn't like what you make, he better be learning how to cook for himself :oP

i usually have a little of whatever i make for my hubby and kids...if its lapband friendly...like burgers,minus the bun....pasta,pizza....i just make some tweaks to mine...ex: if im makin pizza, for me...i get a mini whole wheat pizza dough,low salt sauce,and low fat mozz,and i make theirs regular...that way we are all eating the same thing,and i dont feel deprived!!