Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The thought of eating fast food makes me sick.

Hi everyone!

It's been a while since I've visited, so I thought I'd pop in and share something with you.

The other day I ate KFC for the first time in about a year. The smell of it actually made me want to be sick and as soon as I put a greasy piece of chicken into my mouth, the taste and fat of the chicken was unbearable.

These days I mostly eat salads and lean meat. A few years ago, when I got my first job, all I would eat is McDonalds and KFC chicken. The thought of eating salad or vegetables disgusted me and I never thought I'd be a salad lover. I never thought I'd come this far and I considered I'd be a junk food addict for the rest of my life. The thing that lead me to wanting to try KFC again was that I'd gone to a party and eaten greasy finger food (it was the only thing to eat there) and was craving it for a few weeks afterwards.

I'm going to stay away from this kind of food for the rest of my life. I actually think sugary and fatty foods can be addicting and when you cut them out of your diet completely, you forget about them and start enjoying the foods that your body deserves.

I'm interested to know if anyone else has had an experience like this.

I used to think fast food was normal. Also that some of the choices at those restaurants were more healthy than the burgers and fries.

Now, I just don't think twice driving past these places. I don't even think of them as last resort if I don't bring my lunch to work. On top of that, I can't stand drinking sodas anymore.... Not even diet. Way too sweet tasting for me.

I believe this will continue for the rest of my life as well.

That is wonderful KFC made you feel that way. I hate fast food and it was before the band. My grandsons hate that I won't eat McDonald's. To me fast food is pizza, but good pizza.

​There is a tiny convenient store across from my condo complex and they make the best fried chicken and since the band I have not had any and I use to have it 2-4 times a week.

I find the healthier I eat the healthier I want to eat.

I agree that high sugar and fatty foods makes me tailspin. I have recognized this and stay away from them. I really don't miss them at all. Thanks for posting.....

I used to live on fast food, too. I probably ate McDonalds or Taco Bell at least twice a week- and huge quantities of it too. I absolutely loved it and didn't think twice about having it multiple times a day.

Now, it makes me feel nauseous. I tried a McDonalds hamburger about a year ago, took about three bites, and promptly threw the rest away. It just tasted totally gross. If I'm traveling or have no choice but to eat at fast food places I either get a salad or skip the meal entirely. I just really despise the nasty, greasy fast food.

I never, ever thought I'd be saying this btw. It's amazing how your tastes change!

It is strange how the countries differ somewhat in the fast food addictions, i would say in the UK people tend to be addicted to chinese and indian takeaway or kebabs, but children/teeenagers are addicted to the usual Mac D KFC etc,

I never really went mad on take aways and always prefer a home cooked burger than a fast food one.

Years ago i remember trying a MacD and thinking why is the bap around the burger so sweet, why is the Tomato ketsup so sweet, why are all the dips so sweet, then i realised that was their secret to getting people addicted. Sugar is way more addicting than fat is, but it is still addicting too, they get you all ways.

make your own if u cant live without a burger or a pizza or fried chicken, at least u control what goes into it.

Am glad u all gave up the commercial fast food rubbish.. well done :)

I have never liked Mcd's. I remember the first time I tried 1 of their burgers was at Heathrow and I couldn't understand what all the fuss was about. A thin tasteless burger, covered in grease on a sweet bun. Rather give me a Spur or Steers burger any day. Thick and juicy, made from real meat and with some gorgeous mushroom sauce. Yum.

I have never been a great pizza eater and now even less so. I will take thin crust over deep pan anyday.

I like Subway but there is no way I would attempt to eat that now, even though it is healthy.

I used to like the healthy wraps at McDs but they didn't have them as an option for very long.

Now if I am out shopping and I need to buy a quick lunch I usually buy a spring roll or a dim sim. Really unhealthy but not too big and easy to eat. So being banded , for me at least, doesn't necessarily mean you eat healthier.

One of my favourite foods has always been tomatoes, in any shape or form, now I hardly eat them and they often end up going off. I also hardly eat fruit even though I know that I should , so i am not sure that my diet is any healthier than preband, it's just that I eat less.

Me too - although I've gotten into the habit of taking a container of raw veggies to work every day. I've simply accepted that I don't like fruit much, won't eat it despite my buying it and making a lovely looking fruit bowl for the kitchen bench.

But I happily munch my way through raw carrot, cucumber, button mushrooms and red capsicum and for some reason the texture is better for me. The only fruit I really like is the occasional Jonathan or jazz apple, peeled.

I loathe pizza, can't even cook it at home, the smell nauseates me. Mc Donald's I never eat, haven't had KFC since I was a kid but do love a south Melbourne dim sim! Hate subway and usually end up with just a coffee at the food court.i always pack food for road trips so when the family stops, I'm quite happy with a coffee and carrot sticks with Peanut Butter.

I do love a good, oven (not bainmarie) meat pie though.

Me too - although I've gotten into the habit of taking a container of raw veggies to work every day. I've simply accepted that I don't like fruit much' date=' won't eat it despite my buying it and making a lovely looking fruit bowl for the kitchen bench.

But I happily munch my way through raw carrot, cucumber, button mushrooms and red capsicum and for some reason the texture is better for me. The only fruit I really like is the occasional Jonathan or jazz apple, peeled.

I loathe pizza, can't even cook it at home, the smell nauseates me. Mc Donald's I never eat, haven't had KFC since I was a kid but do love a south Melbourne dim sim! Hate subway and usually end up with just a coffee at the food court.i always pack food for road trips so when the family stops, I'm quite happy with a coffee and carrot sticks with Peanut Butter.

I do love a good, oven (not bainmarie) meat pie though.[/quote']

Does your doctor tell you to snack on the veggies? I was told not allowed to graze no matter what the food.

fast food doesnt make me sick..i just dont care anymore....i am enjoying wearing smaller clothes and being more mobile and love having my hub having trouble keeping his hands off me that those little things help keep my mental attitude on straight..

For those who don't know you can get grilled chicken breast at KFC. Just make sure to pull off the chicken skin. KFC is actually one of my go to places when I'm out and need to eat quickly. Depending on the location some have corn on the cob and green Beans. Still high in salt but the fat content is pretty reasonable.

Reading this made me very hopeful! I (like most people who weigh over 300 pounds) LOVE fast food. It isn't even necessarily out of convenience, I just like the taste. I cut back considerably in the last 4 months as I've been trying to lose weight, but it doesn't mean I don't like it. Every fast food place that was mentioned I can think of ten meals I love from each Lol. It was nothing for me to eat pizza three days a week. Heck at one point my wife and I owned a Marco's Pizza and often I would eat it twice in a day! I hope one day that I don't like these foods, but I have to be honest it seems very unlikely!

Reading this made me very hopeful! I (like most people who weigh over 300 pounds) LOVE fast food. It isn't even necessarily out of convenience' date=' I just like the taste. I cut back considerably in the last 4 months as I've been trying to lose weight, but it doesn't mean I don't like it. Every fast food place that was mentioned I can think of ten meals I love from each Lol. It was nothing for me to eat pizza three days a week. Heck at one point my wife and I owned a Marco's pizza and often I would eat it twice in a day! I hope one day that I don't like these foods, but I have to be honest it seems very unlikely![/quote']

I didn't think this way pre-op, but I am to the point that fast food won't cross my mind. Healthier options taste much better to you and the other stuff just isn't worth wasting the time or calories on.

I AGREE ! Fast food kills / sugar fat salt is now KNOWN as a lethal addictive formula specifically designed to spark dopamine and RING the $$ register. I will go farther to say I have never met or spoken to ANYONE that has lost over 200 lbs (and kept off) and still eats "fast food". I also have yet to meet a single person that has lost over 200 lbs and believes they "deserve" a "little" cake or candy etc... A New life requires New Life!

Lee

280 lbs Lost all diseases reversed