Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

stay filled or unfill?

I say stay filled as long as you can. I'm taking from experience. Not sure if the rest of people who replied have ever been pregnant with the band, I have twice. First pregnancy with the band ended with a miscarriage at 20 weeks. I had lots of swelling of the band due to vomiting. In hind site I should have had an unfill at that point. By no means did the band cause the miscarriage. I went into preterm labor. 2nd band pregnancy I was completely unfilled immediately because I was convinced that I needed to be in order to maintain a "Healthy pregnancy." We'll that ended in a chemical pregnancy (early miscarriage.)

An unfill is not necessary unless you can't eat and drink. For those who fell you need to eat more while you're pregnant I totally disagree. As you stated you only need an additional 300 calories while you are pregnant. You may very well skate through your pregnancy without any complications and I hope that you do. Lots of banded women do. Or you may have frequent stuck episodes and need an unfill. My suggestion is that you wait until that point. Trying to gain restriction after being completely unfilled is a b***h. I can't describe it any other way.

Congrats and good luck

I say stay filled as long as you can. I'm taking from experience. Not sure if the rest of people who replied have ever been pregnant with the band' date=' I have twice. First pregnancy with the band ended with a miscarriage at 20 weeks. I had lots of swelling of the band due to vomiting. In hind site I should have had an unfill at that point. By no means did the band cause the miscarriage. I went into preterm labor. 2nd band pregnancy I was completely unfilled immediately because I was convinced that I needed to be in order to maintain a "Healthy pregnancy." We'll that ended in a chemical pregnancy (early miscarriage.)

An unfill is not necessary unless you can't eat and drink. For those who fell you need to eat more while you're pregnant I totally disagree. As you stated you only need an additional 300 calories while you are pregnant. You may very well skate through your pregnancy without any complications and I hope that you do. Lots of banded women do. Or you may have frequent stuck episodes and need an unfill. My suggestion is that you wait until that point. Trying to gain restriction after being completely unfilled is a b***h. I can't describe it any other way.

Congrats and good luck[/quote']

Thank u very much! That's exactly how I feel. I still haven't had any vomiting or stuck episodes. I hope that I sail right thru those symptoms too. I def plan on getting an unfill if I need it but to simply unfill just BC I'm pregnant seems kind of silly! I have an appt in a week so we will see what they say! Thanks for your input seriously!

I went full term pregnancy and delivered a healthy 7lb 3oz baby boy while banded with out getting unfilled or even a little taken out. But I look back now and wish I would have taken a little bit out. There were days I was so tight that I couldn't eat all all. And there was a day I vomited really bad and I'm convinced that's why I slipped as of 3 weeks ago I'm no longer banded and have been unfilled since January. If I was you I would listen to your body if you feel over tight or unable to eat go in and get unfilled its not worth getting a slip.